User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Can anyone please solve this mystery?! Desperate to have a working car again!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Elgin
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Exclamation Can anyone please solve this mystery?! Desperate to have a working car again!

    I wouldnt usually ask but I am well stuck with what is going on with my car!

    It went into limp mode about a week ago, it is chucking up the following codes -P0102 Mass of Volume Air Flow A Circuit Low and P0031 HO2 Heater Control Circuit Low bank 1 Sensor 1.

    Ive take to the garage who thought it was the maf but after it has recently been replaced im doubting it. plus the garage took the maf off and it made no difference to the car what so ever the oxygen level was still at its maximum output. The garage are stilling scratching their heads now, they are suggesting the ecu but the ecu that doesnt require recoding. They say they doubt it could be a lamda sensor either. Could it be a fuel filter problem? However many times you remove the codes it goes straight into limp mode as soon as you turn the key.

    Does anyone have any suggestions? Or can anyone come and look at this blasted car please?

    Sorry for asking!

  2. #2
    Regular Member Critch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Mk1 renault scenic... I know I know but it drives

    Trim : Basic

    Engine : 1.6 16v

    Year : 2003

    Default

    Was it a genuine mad fitted?

    Can you confirm O2 operation by making it run lean/ rich by creating an air leak or spraying carb cleaner in inlet?

    What readings are you getting from maf?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Elgin
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critch View Post
    Was it a genuine mad fitted?

    Can you confirm O2 operation by making it run lean/ rich by creating an air leak or spraying carb cleaner in inlet?

    What readings are you getting from maf?
    Hi Critch, Thank you for taking the time to reply. The Maf was a genuine Vauxhall part when replaced. Im not sure of the O2 operation tbh. The garage say that it makes no difference to the car whether the Maf is on or off. However a mate suggests that if the car is in limp mode that it would not recognise the maf anyway. Mates are suggesting replacing an egr might need replaced? Does this help at all? There's another code that has appeared now its p0443 Evaporative Emission System Purge Control to Atmosphere.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Critch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    wirral
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Mk1 renault scenic... I know I know but it drives

    Trim : Basic

    Engine : 1.6 16v

    Year : 2003

    Default

    It's possible it has an air leak

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stratford upon avon
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra c

    Trim : ls

    Engine : 1800

    Year : 04

    Mileage : 132000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neskemi View Post
    I wouldnt usually ask but I am well stuck with what is going on with my car!

    It went into limp mode about a week ago, it is chucking up the following codes -P0102 Mass of Volume Air Flow A Circuit Low and P0031 HO2 Heater Control Circuit Low bank 1 Sensor 1.

    Ive take to the garage who thought it was the maf but after it has recently been replaced im doubting it. plus the garage took the maf off and it made no difference to the car what so ever the oxygen level was still at its maximum output. The garage are stilling scratching their heads now, they are suggesting the ecu but the ecu that doesnt require recoding. They say they doubt it could be a lamda sensor either. Could it be a fuel filter problem? However many times you remove the codes it goes straight into limp mode as soon as you turn the key.

    Does anyone have any suggestions? Or can anyone come and look at this blasted car please?

    Sorry for asking!

    have a read of this
    http://www.obd-codes.com/p0031

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Elgin
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vectra ste View Post
    have a read of this
    http://www.obd-codes.com/p0031
    Cheers Vectra ste, Looking at what you posted up is good. The codes it is throwing out don't make any sense as they all claim they wouldn't make a massive difference to the cars running ability however this car wont come out of limp mode at all. We have tried clearing the codes a fair few times at the garage and it makes no difference. Hate the fact that our cars never seem to have a "normal" fault they always like to be different!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Elgin
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Critch View Post
    It's possible it has an air leak
    Hi Critch again! Where about's would you suggest the air leak?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stratford upon avon
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra c

    Trim : ls

    Engine : 1800

    Year : 04

    Mileage : 132000

    Default

    this is related to another car but have a look at post 4

    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...ensor-1-a.html

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stratford upon avon
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra c

    Trim : ls

    Engine : 1800

    Year : 04

    Mileage : 132000

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    stratford upon avon
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : vectra c

    Trim : ls

    Engine : 1800

    Year : 04

    Mileage : 132000

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone solve this
    By marc vectra sri in forum Vectra C / Signum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 20th September 2012, 21:13
  2. Hi all Im trying to solve this problem
    By mazman10 in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10th July 2010, 21:00
  3. Getogether to try solve my abs
    By twaiter in forum West Scotland RO - Mr Gee, ARO - RBH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th May 2010, 09:06
  4. Solve the V6 diesel enigma
    By Celes in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 7th September 2009, 19:04
  5. Does the No 3 injector wiring really solve the misfire?
    By bygumlad in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th April 2009, 16:40

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •