Thread: Vectra 3.2 Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unhappy Vectra 3.2 Elite

I topped up the oil in my 2002 Vectra 3.2 Elite (57k miles) a couple of weeks ago and noticed a lot of sludge, (mayonnaise) on the filler cap and in the engine itself. I have lost a small amount of water from the cooling system but not enough to assume that one of the head gaskets has blown.
    Having read through a few of the previous threads regarding this problem, I realise that the oil cooler could be at fault and wondered if there is any way of finding out what the problem actually is.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I love my car and would hate to have to scrap it because of a problem which is going to cost less than £500 to repair.

Cheers guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 v6

Year : 2004

Mileage : 140,000

Common problem, if you have the extended oil filler pipe take it off and clean the hole around the oil filler hole. Replace the filler cap and do not refit the extended pipe. that should sort the problem , did it to mine years ago and no more mayo. It is something to do with cold air hitting the pipe and forming condensation, I don't know the full details but it has worked for quite a few folks.
    3.2 v6 Signum and loving it 😁

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron
    I topped up the oil in my 2002 Vectra 3.2 Elite (57k miles) a couple of weeks ago and noticed a lot of sludge, (mayonnaise) on the filler cap and in the engine itself. I have lost a small amount of water from the cooling system but not enough to assume that one of the head gaskets has blown.
    Having read through a few of the previous threads regarding this problem, I realise that the oil cooler could be at fault and wondered if there is any way of finding out what the problem actually is.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I love my car and would hate to have to scrap it because of a problem which is going to cost less than £500 to repair.

Cheers guys.
    It's a scary moment when you first see it makes you think the worst I found mine like that on new years eve just gone was worrying about it all night thinking how much its going to cost me
    A quick question on here and got told to do the same with plastic filler and all cured I would do this first and then keep checking you might find you have a tiny drip somewere of coolent just keep a eye out

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Forum Runner
    Last edited by 6009tristanb; 13th May 2012 at 13:35.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsdutton View Post
    Common problem, if you have the extended oil filler pipe take it off and clean the hole around the oil filler hole. Replace the filler cap and do not refit the extended pipe. that should sort the problem , did it to mine years ago and no more mayo. It is something to do with cold air hitting the pipe and forming condensation, I don't know the full details but it has worked for quite a few folks.
    Absolutely unbelievable. Took the pipe off, cleaned the hole, refitted the cap, blasted the car until it was hot and correct!!!!!!!! No More Mayo. Thank you sir. Loving the car again :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 v6

Year : 2004

Mileage : 140,000

Glad to help, that is what we are here for.
    3.2 v6 Signum and loving it 😁

Thread Information