Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default WTF

Familiar story this may be.
    Was on my way home Thursday in no real hurry as infact I actually popped round my folks on my way for a cup of tea. Anyway I'm driving down a dual carriageway which becomes a motorway from time to time so not your in town dual carriageway. I come upto a roundabout which has recently been made into three lanes. As you approach the roundabout the left lane is to go straight on & the right hand lane is to turn right ONLY. So I approach it in the left hand lane to go straight on behind a 4x4 who was bit slow to get off the mark onto the roundabout so I actually entered the roundabout into the now middle lane which is also to go straight on aswell as the N/S lane. The 4x4 thinks he owns both lanes & is on my side of the line aswell as his & wouldn't move over (I have an artic on my O/S) At this point I can hear a horn blasting away but was more concerned over the 4x4 being a bit close & concentrating on his where abouts aswell as the lorry.
    I exited the roundabout in the outside lane & the 4x4 in the N/S lane & after a short distance I pull back over. Not being overly bothered about who was blasting there horn at me (guessing it was the "I own the road" 4x4) I carry on within the 60mph speed limit.
    About a mile or so later the 4x4 comes right up sitting on my bumper for a short while & then backs right off again. (Guessed he was taking the number on my sign writen car & thought to myself oh well somenes gonna have a whine to the office, so what)
    Thinking it must of been him who I've somehow upset I did nothing but mind my own business, he overtakes me, I overtook him from time to time & I didn't even give him any satisfaction of acknowledging him. Hey the stereo was up & I didn't even hear him
    I came off at my towns junction & into a lane closure for some roadworks & wait patiently for the traffic to move on when flying up the outside comes Mr I'm The World & dives in at the last minute and that was that.
    Had a cup of tea & made my way home without a care in the world.

This morning I have my office on the phone saying they've had the police of my area screaming down the phone at them (very professional I thought) about I carried out a fineable traffic offence on Thursday which was witnessed by an unmarked police car only the officer didn't pull me as he was on his own & thought bringing the matter to my employers attention was a better way to go.

WHAT A CROCK OF SH!T
    I admitted to my office the only incident I recall happening that day & this stood out in my mind is what I've described above. I said other than that I haven't got a clue & if that was the incident well I wasn't even in the county covered by my countys police force!!!
    They're trying to give me a warning which I couldn't care less about as I'm on the verge of leaving the company so I said I'm not accepting that & told them where to file the warning.
    I've sad to find out at what time & where this offense supposidly took place & I'll happily try & recall what I did. I've told my office what time I was off the road so they will know who's telling the truth (shame we haven't got telematic trackers fitted on our cars) as this incident took place whilst the driver of the 4x4 was out of our county.

Nothing's happening over it but I want to snap at ankles now as using a motor vehicle in an intimidating manor i.e tailgating is an offence in itself I believe and how else do you get a phone number off a vehicle moving at 60mph without tailgating
    Last edited by Ben H; 11th December 2006 at 18:52.

spoons

I think you should be thrown in jail mate, or tortured by terrapins... no, no, snails would be better !!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Can snails torture
    Ok I'll confess then, if only I knew what for!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

WHats the company name? We sell Telematic Systems and now would be a good time to approach them

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog1974 View Post
    WHats the company name? We sell Telematic Systems and now would be a good time to approach them
    So do we & fit them all day long thanks

Thread Information