Thread: SRi BHP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default SRi BHP

Hi y'all, it's the old man here, Giblet 70! Was chatting with my lad last night (he's 28) 'bout cars (as us blokes do) and told him i was getting a 2004 Vectra SRi and was expecting him to say, "oh Dad no, not a ruddy Vectra!" Phew, thankfully it turns out he quite likes em. Made my day did that. Thing is i said yesterday i ain't got the damn thing yet, God i'm so impatient eh? He was running a 'P' reg beema but it turned out to be a bit of a duffer. He's now on the lookout for an Audi A3, i don't know much about 'em but they seem to get a good press. The one thing which surprised him about the 2.2 SRi was the b.h.p. Told him it's 150 (which i'm led to believe) and he said, "what for a 2.2, that can't be right Dad surely?". Told him that is what they're qouted at. He thought it'd be a lot more more b.h.p than 150. Is it such a big issue, i don't know? I'm sure one of you out there will put me right...please. My Mrs thinks i'm going through the mid-life crisis coz i want to ditch the 1.6 Focus and get an SRi, am i heckers like...there again, maybe i am, so what eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The 2.2 is around the 150 bhp mark, depending how old the car is I think older ones were 147 & the newer direct models are 155, get a 1.9cdti 150 & stick a tuning box on 185+bhp from a 1.9 diesel & 10+mpg more as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

as above, 147 plus a few for the direct engine...

It's a lovely peppy engine that loves to rev...and goes like the clappers..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
    The 2.2 is around the 150 bhp mark, depending how old the car is I think older ones were 147 & the newer direct models are 155, get a 1.9cdti 150 & stick a tuning box on 185+bhp from a 1.9 diesel & 10+mpg more as well
    hes right a got 183bhp from my 1.9cdti sri 55 plate on the rollin road really good cars

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

they are.. but the deisels seem to be having a few expensive failings that you wouldn't get with a 2.2 direct... Dual mass flywheels breaking up, turbo's going and now timing belt roller failures..

None of these parts are fitted to the 2.2, so i'd say it would be a more reliable buy.. i haven't heard of anyone, execpt Rushy, who's had major greif with them..

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

Trim : Turbo Edition

Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

Year : 2010

Mileage : 137000

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post
    None of these parts are fitted to the 2.2, so i'd say it would be a more reliable buy.. i haven't heard of anyone, execpt Rushy, who's had major greif with them..
    Yep mine went bang, but to be honest I think it was more like the dealer putting it back together wrong after they fixed a small oil usage problem. But that aside its a good motor which loves to be revved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

2.2 non direct = 147ps (145bhp) / 150 lb/ft and direct = 155ps (153bhp) / 162 lb/ft.

My direct SRi feels pretty torquey to me and nippy to say the least.

1.9 CDTi = 150ps (148bhp) / 232 lb/ft.

CDTi feels completely different to drive to the 2.2 petrol. Torque comes in @ 2000 after nothing low down and imho feels to be all gone by 3500 max.

70mph / 2000rpm in 6th cruise is useful though.

Mpg is superb, I got 55mpg average indicated on the MFD on a 1000 round trip to Scotland last year (facelift 1.9 SRI 150)

2.2 Direct feels torquey from just above idle al the way through to 5000rpm.

My 2.2 Direct will do about 35 in mixed motoring and 40 on a long run keeping to sensible speeds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post
    they are.. but the deisels seem to be having a few expensive failings that you wouldn't get with a 2.2 direct... Dual mass flywheels breaking up, turbo's going and now timing belt roller failures..

I had a '03 reg 2.2 (before the diesel) & did 122k without any mechanical problems, oil consumption was always (from new) a little excessive, maybe I didn't run it in properly. But it did keep going all the way to the red line. The diesel is a different beast, loads of mid range torque & great fun. It was a difficult decision when I ordered the new car, but I'm very happy with the diesel now I've got to know it (life below 4000rpm is quite relaxing really ). It remains to be seen what problems the diesel will throw up as it's only got 7k on the clock (+it has a tuning box to put extra stress on things )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My 2.2 Direct used a little oil in the time I had it although not too excessive. I think its common with the 2.2 from what I've read.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mine hasn't used a drop in the 6-7 months that I've had it.

Thread Information