0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What oil

Ok it`s time for first oil change in the siggy since ive owned her what grade of oil is best for the 2.0 turbo as ive got a cunning plan before my trade club card arrives.
    Bear with me on this one i went into halfords for a bank holiday nosey and ending up with the big socket set that was £200 for £100
    At the checkout the spotty teenage corsa owning chav who works there hands me a £10 voucher because i spent over £50 . So i come home and decide to browse the halfords website for a freebie and come across a set of halfords branded screwdrivers for £20 so i think not bad i only need to hand over a £10 note and there mine .
    But on the oil page there doing 5 Litres of 10W/40 Part Synthetic Oil for £20 and you get the screwdrivers for free

So to cut a long story short is this oil any good as a quick change till my trade card comes and i get get the proper vx stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have used 10w 40 semi GM oil in most of my cars, can't see why that Halfords stuff isn't going to do the same job. GM oil will be cheaper though even without a trade card.
    A mechanic I've used a few times uses 10w 40 semi in most of the cars he works on, rarely uses anything else unless specified.

Mick

Thread Information