Let start from the beginning...
1) Everything starts with smell of fumes inside the cabin.
2) I notice that at the same time the BC start showing instead of normal 0.7l/h 3.4l/h with AC off (+.06 when AC running).
3) When open the engine comportment smoke is visible coming along the starter belt on passenger side directly to the cabin air intake. I`m still unable to determine the source of those fumes!!!
4) The fumes stop only if I switch off the engine. Even if start the engine immediately after switching off there is no fumes.
5) I notice that it happen when the both cooling fans start.
6) No loose of oil or cooling fluid noticed.
7)However when remove the bottom cover of engine compartment I notice same picture as that:
Here the same excluding the leak from oil filter:
8) All loosen clams tight and released where needed.
9) I change the thermostat original was Behr made in Italy replaced by Wahler made in Germany. Before replacement the car was running mostly about 70C. Now constantly at design temp of 88C. Cooling fans start running irrelevant of cooling fluid temp.
10) From below engine compartment I notice that the some fumes coming from
Here you can see what is behind, however no idea where the smoke/fume coming from.
11) Engine and covers were washed
12) Still got fumes and increased fuel consumption when cooling fan start, although the cooling fluid temp is steady 87-91C.
13) Only thing I could notice is that I can force the fumes to come if i push down the accelerator on the highway (for about 10sec). Once reach 160km/h and release the accelerator I got 3,4 to 4,0 l/h consumption on N (neutral) and the smell of fumes in the cabin.
14) After point 13 I stop the car and record the flowing data about the engine:
Switch off the engine, start it again and record the same data:
Summarized most important differences:
With normal idle fuel consumption ||| With 4.0l/h fuel consumption
Calculated Air Flow 26 kg/h 50 kg/h
Coolant Temperature 86 °C 86 °C
Exhaust Gas Recirculation 39% 46%
Swirl Level Control
Solenoid Valve Pulse Ratio 91% 5%
DPF Saturation 78% 104%
Dist. Since DPF Regeneration 0 km 5 km
DPF Regeneration 0% 41%
Its looks like the car was in the middle of DPF regeneration however the glow plug light at the dashboard was not blinking!?!?!?!
PLEASE HELP I'm out of ideas....