0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Which way to go?

Firstly I hope I am posting in the correct section!

I have a dilemma - what to do with my vectra situation?

Long story short, I have a Vxr and an Sri estate, baby No3 arrived in November last year, now the estate is a capacious car but 3 child seats, luggage, pushchair and dog stretches most large family estates, so I bought a cheap galaxy which has solved that problem.

So I'm left with 2 vectras, one had to go, months of torment ensued, it was like deciding which child to leave behind! Finally I made my decision, then changed my mind again daily! Anyway the Vxr is now sold- I didn't want to put anymore miles on it, I've had my fun. I'm hoping to go the insignia Vxr route in around 12 months time.

So I'm left with my trusty Sri estate, it's done 114k now but it's like getting back in your old armchair, I trust it, it's economical etc etc and has a few of the toys not on standard versions.

But I can't leave it as it is, I need some compensation for loosing the Vxr!

I'm tempted to transform it into an xp2, I've bought an irmscher grille for it (although this can go on any vectra I may buy!) , I want to put snow flakes back on it (it came with them but I sold them on due to tyre costs- they are cheaper now)

What would you do? Is it worth spending the money on it?

Xp estates are quite hard to come by and all the examples with sensible mileage on are advertised at silly money!

Are the grp kits on eBay any good for example?

Or should I just trade it in? I have looked and looked and always end up looking at vectras again - love em!

Just interested in your thoughts, the wife is no good for bouncing car related ideas off!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, If you are going down the insignia Vxr route in 12 months or so then I wouldn't bother. If you came to sell your car you wouldn't recoup the money you would've spent on it over those last 12 months.....

.....however, if you plan on keeping it longer then I definitely would. Especially the alloys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes sorry, this would be a keeper, my work horse, any future Vxr would just be an expensive toy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't part with my Vec estate. It's not worth selling for the money I would get. If I sold her I would have to spend more money buying something else and then run the risk of getting a less reliable car that needs money throwing at it. I will keep the vectra until it becomes uneconomically viable and will then go the 5 series or A6 route.

Thread Information