Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c SRI Facelift

Trim : SRI

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2006

Default Which bike rack

Hi guys,im currently getting back into MTB(picking up my Cube MTB on friday) and need a good bike rack for the rear of my car.

I dont fancy the ones which carry the bike high up as i know id damage either the bike or the car lol.

Has anybody got any suggestions?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I got an Atera one about three years ago or so and it does the job. It was a good price at the time compared to Thule but I think that was just them trying to break into the market - pretty dear now I think, but the slide away and down feature is great when you need to get at the boot of the car, it looks smart and it fits in the boot while you're away on your bike - much narrower and more compact than other ones. That's my recommendation anyway. What Cube did you get? Where do you bike?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks

I have thought about roof bars but theres a few places that have height restrictions so wouldnt be able to get parked up.Also we have some low bridges and country lanes with low trees that i know would cause damage.

Its a Cube Attention,nothing fancy but its a starting point for me.I used to do alot of feeride/downhilling a few years ago but sold my bikes to fund other things but now i really want to get back into it.Im going to be doing XC and some road riding so the bike fits the bill nicely.I ride(will be) in hampshire/berkshire but because this time around of owning a bike ill also have my car aswell so may go further out

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9Cdti 150

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by justin32 View Post
    Thanks

I have thought about roof bars but theres a few places that have height restrictions so wouldnt be able to get parked up.Also we have some low bridges and country lanes with low trees that i know would cause damage.

Its a Cube Attention,nothing fancy but its a starting point for me.I used to do alot of feeride/downhilling a few years ago but sold my bikes to fund other things but now i really want to get back into it.Im going to be doing XC and some road riding so the bike fits the bill nicely.I ride(will be) in hampshire/berkshire but because this time around of owning a bike ill also have my car aswell so may go further out
    If you have a towbar fitted the towball fitted Thule bike carriers are ace.

Had one for nearly 4 years and no prob

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by justin32 View Post
    Thanks

Yes, I don't like roof bar ones either - I would forget it was there and rip the bikes off going into a multi storey or something stupid like that and never forgive myself. When they're on the back, you can keep an eye on them in your mirrors. Cubes are good bikes, nice and light and lovely to look at too! Great that you're getting back into biking - mountain biking is simply addictive and gives you a real buzz, my wife says it's the best thing since anti-depressants(!) - I'm lucky, the whole family is into it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by honigstrauss View Post
    Yes, I don't like roof bar ones either - I would forget it was there and rip the bikes off going into a multi storey or something stupid like that and never forgive myself. When they're on the back, you can keep an eye on them in your mirrors. Cubes are good bikes, nice and light and lovely to look at too! Great that you're getting back into biking - mountain biking is simply addictive and gives you a real buzz, my wife says it's the best thing since anti-depressants(!) - I'm lucky, the whole family is into it.
    Yeah im glad im getting back into it aswell and im hoping the rest of my family will follow and strt riding.once the initial cost of the bikes are out of the way its a cheap form of fun and exersise.

I used to work in a bike shop as a mechanic about 12 years ago so when it came to choosing a bike i knew would i wanted but i was amaized how much stuff has changed.the budget i had wasnt very much and i searched and searched for the best spec bikes and cube came up the best and nothing came close to them.If i had the spec im getting on another make of bike i would be paying £200 more so im well happy.

I used to do alot and i meen alot of riding but you know how it is once you pass your driving test its so much easier and dryer to just hop into a car.I did buy a bike a few years ago but had to sell it before i even rode it to pay for my old cars tax and i was gutted.

My main aim os to get fit for some charity rides that are comming up in the summer,a mate of mine has done a couple and he said they are fantastic and a real buzz.Its not going to be easy for me as i work horrible hours but i will have the chance to do a few miles before work and once the nipper is in bad i can sneak off in the evenings at the weekends.Ive always wanted do do some night riding aswell and theres soooo many people and clubs now im sure ill be able to find some riding buddies lol

Thread Information