After being given some great advice from a thread I put up on how to tint the side indicators I ended up colour coding them with black sapphire halfrauds paint.
I painted these, then gave them the hairdryer treatment for 20 mins.
I will flatten them tonight then gloss them tomorrow for the mirror finish I always crave.
I pushed fitted them to see if the shades are correct. One was and one was a bit light so I layed another coat on and now it seems fine.
This is something I have wanted to do for over a year but never really got round to it. Glad I did. Thanks to all of you who gave me some really good advice.