Thread: FAO: Moderators

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default FAO: Moderators

I think your jumping in with 2 feet closing my thread , i asked a simple question, i wasnt aware if it was Opcom or Vauxcom, i got a txt last night and was asked if i would like to buy his vauxhall diagnostics software and rights xfered across , so it could be TECH2 for all i know

If i wanted to call iilexa i would have by now , i was only asking a simple question on what the forum though this would have been as an investment, if i had mentioned pirate, copy, open for business to other members then i would have accepted it but at NO TIME was this mentioned

Your rules state the below

5. Copyright material

Discussion of copying, sharing or distribution of copyrighted material is forbidden. This includes such things as; CDs, Music Files, Movie Files, DVDs, Computer Software, Gaming Software, SatNav Discs, Vaux-Com/Op-Com, TIS and EPC Software.

Linking to sites that promote or host illegal copies of copyrighted software is also forbidden. Any such posts/threads will be removed, with a warning sent to the originator. Subsequent breaches of this rule may end up with posting privileges being removed.

So can you please advise why it was closed when i am looking for advice on this original SW and if i need to be a rocket scientist to operate it

Given the fact that there is a thread on here started by a moderator asking everfone to post up who has Opcom / Tech2 where i can guarentee that not everyone would have forked out the £700+ to buy it !!!!

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Haven't viewed your other thread paul but some many moons ago it was decided that all Opcom threads asking for advise or troubleshooting would be redirected to ilexa reason being when you buy an original version you get support from them

We took this stance because we were getting numerous threads about Opcom some asking for software others asking where to buy, this all shows up in search engines and brings more and more people to our forums expecting to get answers.

This is the way it's been for some time ! So it shouldn't come as a shock when Opcom threads get closed or deleted.

Regarding the Opcom/Tech 2 near you thread, this was setup to help some members who need codes read, we have no problem with anyone who has an eBay copy version posting "They have plugged it in and these codes have come up"

We have a problem with the support side and when members ask how to program certain modules ! There are plenty of sites out there for that sort of stuff and it's not something Vectra-c wants to be associated with.

Hope this answer your question Paul

EDIT ....

Just read your other post and as its a genuine copy with support from ilexa you should put any questions to them.

John was right to close/delete thread as you were asking support questions.Some members will disagree but the amount of new members joining and posting numerous threads about cheap Chinese copy's and how to activate this and that is unreal ! We delete and ban loads simply because they search google and our site gets a hit.

I won't delete this thread so others can see why we take the stance of NO OPCOM SUPPORT
    Please feel free to pm me or any other Mod if you have any questions.
    Last edited by bigmac; 12th April 2012 at 11:22.

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

In fairness though, and i'm just asking, would Paul get any support from Ilexa if he's not a customer, which he won't be until he buys the kit and gets the licence transfered?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ok, Fair enough Bigmac,

I will call them and ask if i can get support ,

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    In fairness though, and i'm just asking, would Paul get any support from Ilexa if he's not a customer, which he won't be until he buys the kit and gets the licence transfered?
    Think they would charge him for a new licence or tranfer fee

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

nope, no charge for license xfer.. Done this twice now and they are ok about it.

once the license is transfered you can then join the wikipedia page which has all programming guides. it will ask you for serial number of the vauxcom unit, and then it will need to be approved... then your set.
    Last edited by plasma; 12th April 2012 at 11:40.
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now open and able to provide services

Thread Information