User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: more money on the car...

  1. #1
    Regular Member ditchp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The world famous city ground
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default more money on the car...

    MOT time today, already knew i needed to change the inner cv gaitor but was unaware of the drivers side bottom ball joint being warn, cost of a new one from vx £220.00 trade.....

    **** that i thought so for the first time ever on this car i used pattern part's

    cost of a pattern part £65.00, time to fit 1 hour with fitting the inner CV gator at the same time, full 4 wheel alignment on there new system (same as hunter system) and MOT test where emmissions were 0.36 and brake effeciency was 94% (great results apparantly) and the car is now 100% again and all for less than the price of a genuine bottom arm
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

  2. #2
    Regular Member kman247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    milton keynes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice one Rich , always good to know the cars fit for another year motoring

  3. #3
    Full Member Sebastian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Electric Heated Recaro Leather
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ditchp View Post
    MOT time today, already knew i needed to change the inner cv gaitor but was unaware of the drivers side bottom ball joint being warn, cost of a new one from vx £220.00 trade.....

    **** that i thought so for the first time ever on this car i used pattern part's

    cost of a pattern part £65.00, time to fit 1 hour with fitting the inner CV gator at the same time, full 4 wheel alignment on there new system (same as hunter system) and MOT test where emmissions were 0.36 and brake effeciency was 94% (great results apparantly) and the car is now 100% again and all for less than the price of a genuine bottom arm

    got set of genuine lower wishbones for 79£ each including delivery from Lookers in liverpool
    ive used pattern parts before ie q-drive no good unfortunately

  4. #4
    Regular Member ditchp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The world famous city ground
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kman247 View Post
    Nice one Rich , always good to know the cars fit for another year motoring
    very true mate, and with it being swmbo's daily user it's nice to know it's all good (even without genuine parts for now)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    got set of genuine lower wishbones for 79£ each including delivery from Lookers in liverpool
    ive used pattern parts before ie q-drive no good unfortunately
    not sure on manufacturer of this part, i know it came from a part specialist i have used before for other folk, i will see how it goes and if no good it has a 12 month guarantee, i am looking for another genuine pair and if i can get em for a reasonable price i will have them
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. So.. if you had the money
    By spoons in forum Insignia Chat (READ ONLY)
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 9th May 2012, 22:08
  2. Money. Where does it go?
    By John Bishop in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 6th May 2012, 06:08
  3. if i had the money
    By dannyjpuk in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10th February 2012, 09:25
  4. your own money or company money
    By dannysport18 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 19th September 2009, 08:52
  5. Lost money? Then make some money!!
    By Taffyopel in forum Comedy & Humour
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26th September 2008, 13:49

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •