Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI XP1

Default Windsor Review

Came across this video. I thought it was really good so thought I'd share it. It sets quite a good picture of what's happening today. I know that some people have positive and negative to say, please bear in mind that this is a mixed forum if you reply to it. Constructive feedback is fine, But nothing offensive would be appreciated.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyO1WURjHLI"]British Police Video - Pay, Conditions, Pensions - YouTube[/ame]

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sad times ahead for this Country. The government got us into this mess and now residents of the uk have to suffer.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yeah, it certainly seems so. The fact they have the cheek to keep saying "we're in this together" we most certainly ain't. we all go home at the end of the day and wonder if we can afford dinner, thats after debating if we can afford to fill our cars. They however go home in their rolls royce, which we pay the fuel for, to their million pound mansions where jeeves already has the dinner made

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 v6

Year : 2004

Mileage : 110,000

Really makes you think, I was nearly in tears at some of those photo's. My son and son in law are both officers, as well as various family and friends and all of them have been involved in various situations. Maybe I am biased but I think they should be given all the help and support they need.
    3.2 v6 Signum and loving it

http://www.freewebs.com/johnsdutton/

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsdutton View Post
    Really makes you think, I was nearly in tears at some of those photo's. My son and son in law are both officers, as well as various family and friends and all of them have been involved in various situations. Maybe I am biased but I think they should be given all the help and support they need.
    I agree. I know it's not nice. I think you'll find that all the emergency services don't want any special treatment, they would like to be left to do their job tho

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

http://m.guardian.co.uk/politics/200...s&type=article

These werent windsors recommendations. These were Cameron's ideas from years ago

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Lada

Trim : Riva

Engine : 6.0 V12

Year : 1954

Mileage : 567890987

Unfortunately the Police are damned when they do, damned when they dont. F***ed from every angle and criticised when the do their job for being "Jobsworths". People expect them to be there when they need them and not when they are doing wrong, expect them to be psychic, when clearly thats not possible. Yet pay them a good wage for doing everyones dirty work, and people think they are over paid. Police officers need to wear 10 different hats on a daily basis yet are scrutinized beyond all comprehension when it goes wrong.
    As for politicians, id like to see them on average wages, and paying the same pension contributions the rest of us civil servants have too, see how quick things would change then.
    Same goes for the Military. How can it be right that Politicians are on over £60K a year, yet a squaddie putting his life on the line daily in Afgan is on less than £20k? Maybe we should send the Politicians to the front lines and see just how quick things change.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by stevie16v View Post
    I agree. I know it's not nice. I think you'll find that all the emergency services don't want any special treatment, they would like to be left to do their job tho
    Wouldn't that be brilliant, no interference from anyone, and no targets to meet. Just good old commonsense policing.
    Feel sorry for the rest of the emergency services as well, as they are suffering cutbacks and interference as well.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was left severely disabled as result of being injured on duty. I take extremely strong painkillers each day to get through. When I came a cropper they wouldn't pension me off because it was too expensive. I have had 4 days sick leave in 10 years since my return to work (a hernia op - back after 4 days despite being told to take 3 weeks off).

Should this new review go through I will be made redundant in 18 months time, despite getting awards and recognition year after year for what I now do, not something I could do without being frontline for all those years.

Should Winsor go through it wil destroy everything I have worked for in the last 24 years.

In the future when everyone is waliking away from danger, you will find bobbies doing the same - because they will have no incentive to put their lives in danger. Instead of running towards that danger they will all be thinking, I could end up injured or dead and without nothing to look after my family if this Government have their way.

When I joined up - I knew I would be pay massive pension contributions (more than judges or anyone else in the public sector). That my life expectancy would be much shorter due to shifts. That I could be sent to prison for not doing my job on or off duty. That I could be called into work at a moments notice and be sacked if I didn't turn up. But knew I would be paid fairly, as I could not strike - or even talk about taking industrial action (a criminal offence). But I would get a decent pension after 30 years of all that grief.

Not now - we can't do nothing and have to smile at everything this Government wants to impose on us. No rights at all. I suspect that the police service will vote massively for industrial rights - whether any of us would ever strike is another matter.

I now face a very uncertain future - because when I came disabled money was an issue, they wouldn't medically retire me. Now that it is more important than ever they are going to make me redundant without a hope in hell of getting another job at my age.

Sorry for the massive rant - thanks to the OP for the post and the subsequent comments. The office of constable and the best police service in the world will be no more in 10 years time .

Martin
    Last edited by mcwharam; 6th April 2012 at 21:50.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mcwharam View Post
    I was left severely disabled as result of being injured on duty. I take extremely strong painkillers each day to get through. When I came a cropper they wouldn't pension me off because it was too expensive. I have had 4 days sick leave in 10 years since my return to work (a hernia op - back after 4 days despite being told to take 3 weeks off).

Should this new review go through I will be made redundant in 18 months time, despite getting awards and recognition year after year for what I now do, not something I could do without being frontline for all those years.

Should Winsor go through it wil destroy everything I have worked for in the last 24 years.

In the future when everyone is waliking away from danger, you will find bobbies doing the same - because they will have no incentive to put their lives in danger. Instead of running towards that danger they will all be thinking, I could end up injured or dead and without nothing to look after my family if this Government have their way.

When I joined up - I knew I would be pay massive pension contributions (more than judges or anyone else in the public sector). That my life expectancy would be much shorter due to shifts. That I could be sent to prison for not doing my job on or off duty. That I could be called into work at a moments notice and be sacked if I didn't turn up. But knew I would be paid fairly, as I could not strike - or even talk about taking industrial action (a criminal offence). But I would get a decent pension after 30 years of all that grief.

Not now - we can't do nothing and have to smile at everything this Government wants to impose on us. No rights at all. I suspect that the police service will vote massively for industrial rights - whether any of us would every strike is another matter.

I now face a very uncertain future - because when I came disabled money was an issue, they wouldn't medically retire me. Now that it is more important than ever they are going to make me redundant without a hope in hell of getting another job at my age.

Sorry for the massive rant - thanks to the OP for the post and the subsequent comments. The office of constable and the best police service in the world will be no more in 10 years time .

Martin
    Very sad but almost certainly too true.
    Time to wake up people and support all the emergency services.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information