Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Angry what will be next.... bad day!

So, Im starting to get a bit sick of the signum 1.9cdti. The car its self is fine, love the car!

however! What comes with car is nothing but hassle, "whats going to happen next" is all i keep asking my self.

Purchasaed the car Febuary 2nd 2012

Upto now it has had to have the following

4 x new tyres (This is a service item, ok acceptable)
    New brake discs all round (not an MoT failure, so again something i chose to do)
    New brake pads all round (saftey thing) around 3mm left each pad
    Tracking - Had a steering wheel wobble

Then the fun began!

New thermostat - Warrenty paid
    2 x Oil changes - Stupid garage put wrong oil in - Yes this was where i bought the car! Put in Semi synthetic and refused to change it!
    Second oil change was using Millers to GM Spec

Gear box oil change to try to resolve crunchy gear change.

Booked in for full inlet manifold change - Warrenty paid parts would not pay labour if i wanted to use garage of my choice (which i accepted)

Cam belt to be done at same time.

Today:

Went to take car to shop, Limp mode! WTF? It drove fine last night. Made a few calls to get the codes read, every one local to me said it would be £50 - £60.00 + VaT, I took the battery off, checked a few connections and got limp mode off, it was drivable, So i took it to Halfords auto centre who said first 10 minutes free then £49.00 after this, It took him all of 5 minutes So there was no chage, I was happy to here him say he has cleared to fault, and it was the Swirl valve actuator (in other words, i think the swirl valves were stuck shut!) I had just fitted the "washer fix" a few days previously and had been running fine. So thumbs up to my local halfords auto centre (though i hate to say it) they was a great service! (yes, they will take the **** if i wanted anything else)

Next

None car related, Printer breaks! So got a "replacment warrenty" after 5 weeks they no longer stocked a HP Printer that was in there "new range" so ended up forking out another £40.00 for the new printer then i had to pay for a new warrenty! I gave in and paid out the £80.00 total for a new printer. I cant see how something only 5 weeks old, can be in there "new range just in" break, and then no longer stock it and then charge me extra for a new warrenty on the new printer.

Then

With the sun shining, and the air con not getting cold, decided to go down to local air con place, and get it regassed..........................

How wrong was i!

Condensor is ****ed! Quoted me £295.00 for a new one including regas! Great! Thanks.

I was mad, I got strait onto the phone to where i got the car, and he said that its no covered, its not something they would do and that why have i only just noticed this! They would not pay out for the work, even if i took it to them!

So guys............(and ladies)

What next!?!?

I have paper work to show its had a DMF + Flywheel, Do i really trust this? Im really considering selling up and looking for another, but i will loose a lot of money. Should i just get through this and then "everything" should be done that can go wrong, that it wont go wrong again.

tonight i think.

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Year : 06

Bad times but most of that is wear and tear and commen faults air con major fault as there nothing protecting the condenser I had mine replaced on warrenty and the alternator that could be your next big thing lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 3.0 CDTI

Year : 2005

Firstly Secondly, Name and shame the shoddy garage (near where i live). 3rd,you need a hand changing the condenser? Gimme a buzz. 3rd, if you're going to sell it, can i have some bits off it first

Phone a mobile auto electrician for codes read. Cost me £25 for them reading. Didn't know halfrauds even did them though

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 3.0 CDTI

Year : 2005

Nice to see DP has been sorted :/

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by BigWilko View Post
    Firstly Secondly, Name and shame the shoddy garage (near where i live). 3rd,you need a hand changing the condenser? Gimme a buzz. 3rd, if you're going to sell it, can i have some bits off it first

Phone a mobile auto electrician for codes read. Cost me £25 for them reading. Didn't know halfrauds even did them though
    I doubt i would sell, its just one of them things where when your so ****ed with it, you just want to kick it and throw it away! As for auto electrician, I could have called one but they wouldnt have come right away, where as i got it to my local halfords auto centre, 5 mins, he shouted "swirl valve actuator" and was happy! (as its going in for inlet next week) and didnt charge me, so i was happy at that one at least.

I will name and shame once all is sorted, (more arguing on the way from me with them)

I wont be fitting a new one yet i dont think, got to see what kind of job it is, is it easy/doable etc all that rubbish, but if i do, il give you a Message on here, Thanks.

Dont tell me the alternator could be next, as knowing my luck it will happen tomorrow morning! i can handle it if its in a few months or so, but in space of 1 month it getting a lot of work done.

Think i may go for a less to go wrong!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

Trim : SRi

Engine : A20DTH

Year : 2009

Mileage : 88000

whats going on with the printer? If its only 5 weeks old and they cannot fix it then you are entitled to your money back. I would not waste my money on a warranty on a cheap printer anyways as get 12 months when you buy it. The PCWorld/Currys warrantys are a complete rip off
    Lois Griffin: Peter! You're bribing your daughter with a car?
    Peter Griffin: Ah, c'mon, Lois, isn't 'bribe' just another word for 'love'?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by merikiito View Post
    whats going on with the printer? If its only 5 weeks old and they cannot fix it then you are entitled to your money back. I would not waste my money on a warranty on a cheap printer anyways as get 12 months when you buy it. The PCWorld/Currys warrantys are a complete rip off
    Printer is changed now, There warrenty are ok imo, as its the "instant replacement" my sister used it and after 8 months droped her printer and it was covered for accidental, So not complaining at that. Just seems to be one of those days where everything goes wrong. As for tis fault, It just printed what it wanted lol, best one was a 15 page document over 41 pages it just spread everything out, It was random! Pictures 1 Page pasport size, spread of 3 pages. Then there was ink not been right it would leave dark patch's, or not use the right colour in area's. Printed of a pic of Sydney bridge, it did it pink!

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Year : 06

My alternator went 7 days after owning the car at 43k

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by marc vectra sri View Post
    My alternator went 7 days after owning the car at 43k

Please dont scare me with stuff like this!

Thread Information