User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Web designers !

  1. #1
    Regular Member Stan-H-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Web designers !

    Hi guys,

    My website is currently half done (see www.warfareleagues.co.uk ).

    It is a gaming website that allows PC gamers to sign up to Call of duty games for a fee and the top 4 players get paid in a free for all and the winning clan wins the prize pot if its a clan match.

    The current account creation script that the web company i used implemented is very basic although i havent spoke to them about developing it yet.

    Can anyone recommend a more customizable and user friendly script/software that will allow me to use the data created in more ways for example, i want to be able to:

    • Implement a login/register tool on the website as it isnt obvious that you need to sign up.
    • Record user data in the game schedule so when people sign up to a game their details are recorded and the number of positions decreases and a prize pot is made.
    • My account page uses the account data to show statistics (wins/losses in clan battles or 1st/2nd and 3rd places etc)
    • Account data can be linked to forum to show whos posting (i need a better forum also if anyone can recommend one)
    Thanks.
    Stan.

  2. #2
    Regular Member martin_SRI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Billingham, Stockton on Tees
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Stan,

    I am guessing your site already runs in php?

    The best way I can think of for your site to work better with a login/ register function is to use a jquery script and you can gt some good customizable ones on the internet.

    http://web-kreation.com/demos/Slidin..._panel_jquery/

    take that one for example it is pop up one but, it makes it clear for the user, and simple for them to login or if needs be to register.

    Hope this helps

    Martin

  3. #3
    Regular Member martin_SRI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Billingham, Stockton on Tees
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oops dp

  4. #4
    Regular Member Stan-H-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martin_SRI View Post
    Hi Stan,

    I am guessing your site already runs in php?

    The best way I can think of for your site to work better with a login/ register function is to use a jquery script and you can gt some good customizable ones on the internet.

    http://web-kreation.com/demos/Slidin..._panel_jquery/

    take that one for example it is pop up one but, it makes it clear for the user, and simple for them to login or if needs be to register.

    Hope this helps

    Martin
    Thats exactly what i wanted Martin, thanks, would it be easy to add more details required to sign up though like name, address etc?

    Im not that tech savvy when it comes to php and the likes but yea my site i running PHP as far as i know.

    What are the limits in terms of how the account data can be used?

    Also, can anyone recommend good forum software, the current one isnt very user friendly.
    Last edited by Stan-H-; 21st March 2012 at 00:26.

  5. #5
    Regular Member martin_SRI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Billingham, Stockton on Tees
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stan-H- View Post
    Thats exactly what i wanted Martin, thanks, would it be easy to add more details required to sign up though like name, address etc?

    Im not that tech savvy when it comes to php and the likes but yea my site i running PHP as far as i know.

    What are the limits in terms of how the account data can be used?
    Yes you can add more details, I have built a site like this not so long ago, you can use the data for what ever you want to use provide you don't break the data protection act as it has to be held securely. You can also add fields to the register form, as I had quite a few different things on there including details for paypal.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Stan-H-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martin_SRI View Post
    Yes you can add more details, I have built a site like this not so long ago, you can use the data for what ever you want to use provide you don't break the data protection act as it has to be held securely. You can also add fields to the register form, as I had quite a few different things on there including details for paypal.
    Great stuff Martin, thanks, ill pass on the details to the web designer, im sure they can implement it.

    Do you have any knowledge on API's?

  7. #7
    Regular Member martin_SRI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Billingham, Stockton on Tees
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yup I do have knowledge on API's what do you want to know fella, and I would have thought that your web designer would know about jquery and log in/ register functions.

    Doesnt bother me answering them, as I am still up working on developing a system for a client.

  8. #8
    Regular Member martin_SRI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Billingham, Stockton on Tees
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yup I do have knowledge on API's what do you want to know fella, and I would have thought that your web designer would know about jquery and log in/ register functions.

    Doesnt bother me answering them, as I am still up working on developing a system for a client.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Stan-H-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Middlesbrough
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martin_SRI View Post
    Yup I do have knowledge on API's what do you want to know fella, and I would have thought that your web designer would know about jquery and log in/ register functions.

    Doesnt bother me answering them, as I am still up working on developing a system for a client.
    They do have knowledge of jquery etc it's just I feel they have just bunged together a very basic feature in terms of the login.

    I am trying to implement steam id's (I'm not sure if you even know what they are ) into the account creation process, I've read a little about steams API but not sure if it will work. I basically want users to provide a valid steam ID in order for game invites to be sent easier.

    Appreciate the help by the way, Ive just realized your local too

  10. #10
    Regular Member martin_SRI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Billingham, Stockton on Tees
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stan-H- View Post
    They do have knowledge of jquery etc it's just I feel they have just bunged together a very basic feature in terms of the login.

    I am trying to implement steam id's (I'm not sure if you even know what they are ) into the account creation process, I've read a little about steams API but not sure if it will work. I basically want users to provide a valid steam ID in order for game invites to be sent easier.

    Appreciate the help by the way, Ive just realized your local too
    Lol, I just noticed myself. Alright, I would have to look Steam API's up but would take me long to work out but I have a good knowlegde on how API's world in general.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Any Web Designers on here?
    By AngryDog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19th August 2009, 14:58
  2. I can do better than overpaid car designers.
    By VXR_DV in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 31st March 2009, 19:41
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 8th August 2007, 22:56
  4. Any web designers here?: My first website done!!!
    By RSV_Ecosse in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 1st March 2007, 00:45

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •