I thought it might be fitting to do a sort of build thread of my signum. I dont know how far I will take the car or keep it. But a diary might be interesting to some.
Always been keen on the Signum and after selling my 330 ci due to it not being practical for the kiddys and the Mrs just passing her test ment there was no way she was going to get insured on it. So off it went.
Just before it was collected.
And a replacment motor was found. It being a 54 plate 2.2 dti automatic elite. Complete with irmscher GT stars 19"x 8.5, irmscher grill, irmscher spoiler, Irmscher suspension, dvd player and screens in the head rests. So a trip to Dagenham to go and collect it, and it wasn't to disapoint. It drove great, allthough fuel economy isn't the best, and the performance isn't no straight six, but over all a great car.
After a little use, started building a list of things that needed sorting such as banana arms, suspension, missing splitter ect. I started to gather some of the bits needed. Then on new years eve 2011 I go to start the car, and the starter jams. Then promptly takes 1 inch of teeth off the flex plate and ruining the bendix on the starter motor.
Being a auto means I couldnt bump start it, I couldnt push or tow it to a garage, so a recovery was needed.
Because of little time free and clashes with the mechanics free slots on his ramp, I didn't bother with the car for a couple of months. Plus with the crappy weather and my lorry being kept on a farm, I had the Mrs Saxo to use, so that and get that covered in mud and crap instead.
Anyway while the Signum was off the road I got some bits and peices together, and had a good think of what I wanted to do to the car.
I love low cars and most have been very low that I have owned. Also I tend think outside of the box when it comes to wheels, and love wheels design.
So coilovers were bought
Also set of pressed plates (no pics yet)
Rear wiper removed
Window tints being removed
Tow Bar Removed
And set of 4 jaguar toba's 19x9 and 19x10 et45 5x108.
These need a fair bit of modification to get them mounted. Centre bore need to be increased to 65.1 mm from 63.4 mm and a 60 degree taper put into the lugg holes. I'm fitting proper lugg inserts into the wheels, so theres no strength lost and a proper seating of the wobbly bolt.
They are currently being machined at the moment.
They are brand new and bought at a bargain price. Should be running 235/35/19 on the 10j and 225/35/19 on the 9j.
Plan is one the wheels are finshed, get the coilovers on, get the car sat right then play around with spacers and the arches rolled.
More updates soon