Thread: Lets be Real

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Lets be Real

I love reading the posts and the guys and girls on this site are brill for info.
    But I am sick of the doom and gloom about the cdti 150.
    I have a 08 sri cdti 150 since it was 7 months old 12 k on the clock.
    It has a cruise control sim change, flywheel and altenator change. the altenator was not gone, but the battery light came on a few times and vx decided to change it.
    I am now on a 112k miles, I have drove alot of motorway miles and b roads and I love to give it a good hard drive (full revs) when I get a chance.
    The engine has never missed a beat, manifold, egr all same from new.

My mate has a 08 mondeo with the same mileage and he is suffering power loss which they cant get to the bottom of.

The vec is brill, look at the vw sites and the passats or mazda 6 or audi a4 or bmw 5 & 3 series diesels all have problems and the vecs only minor when compared.
    The engine is a little loud, but more than make up for it with power and revs. My mate has a 170 bhp tdi A4 and the vec can easily keep to him.

The vec is brill on motorways as good as the insigina.
    I drove an insigina 160 cdti the other day and was not impressed. I liked the dash and the seats, but the vec seems quicker and more nimble as well as that hes only getting 44 mpg after 25k miles the vec is a steady 51.3 mpg .
    So enough of the doom about the vec, they are great cars.

Dec

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah this is the vec c owners club not the vec c haters club

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You wanna try owning a 2.2 Direct.......

Am suicidal sometimes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

I have a CDTI 150, and have had faults with it. Do I regret having it, no love this engine for what it is - powerful and economical and tunable too.

But if you look at it is it very understandable if a family man who owns one has few bad words to say of it if it has given him nothing but big repair bills. For that reason I personally wouldn't say the the complaints are unjustified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think its just the nature of forums! Alll the ones ive been with are the same......you dont get people posting threads like "Well, I had an uneventfull drive to work today, the car got me there and back with no problems!"
    People generally post on here when they have a problem, there are thousands of 150 cdti owners who have trouble free motoring but havent felt the need to seek advice on here That is all!

Regular Member accveccysriturbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Every engine in every car make can have issues.

Trouble with forums is they tend to show more posts about issues arising with cars than they do posts praising cars.

For every 1.9CDTI with issues there will be plenty without!

That being said, its still the wrong fuel for me lol. (wife has the 120 bhp saab 93 though).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Couldn't agree more but of course it is nearly always people who have problems who post. It's not very often (this is an exception) that people post just to say they have NO problems.

I've had my 2008 cdti elite since, well, 2008 and it has given no trouble of any sort. Nothing except tyres and pads have been replaced. I have a BSR remap and it goes like a rocket and easily hold its own in the 2 litre class. I considered a Mondeo when I first bought the Vectra for the slightly better boot space but talking to the local taxi drivers I'm pretty pleased that I didn't as the Vectra is generally considered more reliable.

The main complaints seem to boil down to flywheel and swirl flaps. You only need to look at any other diesel site to see that dual-mass flywheels are a problem for everyone and if you really want to see misery, look at the BMW sites for swirl flap and turbo problems on the 530d with engine write-offs all over.

Of course people with problems will always feel hard done by and let everyone know, but for me the 150cdti is one of the best cars I've owned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi (VXR Styling)

Engine : Z19DTH (Re-mapped)

Year : 04

Mileage : 140k

On the opposite note my Cdti is in the garage and may need a new engine...

My Mondeo just went through another M.o.t and is 10 year old and running gear is all from the factory!...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Talking

PMSL - Doom and gloom about the 1.9....

You want to try owning a 1.8. As soon as anyone mentions even the slightest performance gain or Filter or mod, someone in the 1.9CDTi Clad ivory tower says, it's only a 1.8, you'll never notice it blah blah blah....

We are the dirty forgotten few, but hey at least we don't have a faults list like a shopping list, and we can rev past 1500RPM!!! hahaha! 1.9 OIL Burners.... get some Fractional Distillation.... lossers!!

I'm just yanking your chain... No seriously the 1.9CDTi Engine is a fine piece of wrought iron. Of of the finest narrow boat engines ever to grace a car.... it's early morning rattle graces my ears from my neighbors drive at 6 am, like two skeletons shagging on a tin roof!

**Takes cover now from all the incoming flak from the 1.9 Fan Boize**

Did I mention our fuel is cheaper too..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.8 SRi

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z18XE

Year : 2004

Wow Dec, something's hit a nerve with you hasn't it. I think when you go on a forum for anything, be it cars, gaming, or anything you have to be prepared for people to all have differing opinions. I've got a 1.8 SRi prefacelift. If I got offended every time someone commented that the 1.8 petrol is underpowered or that the prefacelifts looked dated I'd be forever taking issue with people. Just let it go mate!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information