Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vectra C GSi 3.2 Project

Time for a new project!

I own a Vectra B with suspension and brake modifications. I also fitted a Rotrex supercharger with Omex standalone management. More Information on www.projectvectra.com (website needs updating I know). The only problem is, to get it to show standard it's going to need a full re-spray and other bits doing. That cost effectively bought me the Vectra C! I made a lot of mistakes with the old car and want to modify the Vectra C in the same way, this time without the mistakes!

I have owned the Vectra C since November 2010, and along the way have sorted out any problems with the car.

In the long run I would like to transfer the supercharger and management to the newer car, but for now this thread is dedicated to the progress of preparing the Vectra GSi for bigger power.

The FIRST thing to do before any modification is carried out is to get an initial power run. That gives me my starting point. From here I will know if any modifications have increased or decreased power output. The power run will also tell me if there are any other issues that the Tech 2 equipment hasn't picked up.

So, here is my dyno graph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The car is standard except for a Piper Cross induction kit that was already fitted when I bought the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This project needs to be done on a budget and as a result I will be changing things as an when they need replacing.

The up and coming parts are:

Cam Belt Change
    Front Suspension Springs

I already own some schrick cam shafts that were fitted to the Vectra B, so when I change the cam belt and rollers I will also change the standard cams with the uprated schrick ones.

When I do this, I will have another power run to see what gains the Schrick cams give the 3.2 engine on their own. The emphasis on this thread is carry out one mod at a time and test. Yes, this is very expensive and time consuming, but it ensures I don't take any unknown steps back along the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

How on earth you got 232bhp with just a pipercross i'll never know maybe its Been re mapped in the past! Either way congrats thats one very impressive starting point! I'll be following this thread with interest

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by PANDY 3.2 V6 View Post
    How on earth you got 232bhp with just a pipercross i'll never know maybe its Been re mapped in the past! Either way congrats thats one very impressive starting point! I'll be following this thread with interest
    I thought exactly the same as you, Ric Wood said the power of these are normally better than standard from factory, but I think that age and mileage of the car should reduce performance so either way I was only looking for standard power. I am going to try and contact the previous owner and see if the car was re-mapped as I am sure that the re-maps quote 230/235 bhp.

I think the reason I am doing this thread is also to kick me up the bum and get things done properly so that I don't look like an idiot when I have a powerful engine but failed to change the brakes. At this level of tune I feel that the standard brakes are ok, and as I have the cams sat there doing nothing I may as well fit them next.

Afterwards, the exhaust is looking crusty, so thats a definite on the todo list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've seen quite a few gsi's and 3.2s with variable levels of performance mods, and the only ones ive ever seen above 230 were remapped, but hey, if its remapped or not, either way who cares!!! Seems like youve got a good strong motor there.

And if you want to supercharge mine after you've done yours i have some beer tokens for you he he

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Double post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2.8T 280 vxr

Trim : 280 vxr

Engine : 2.8t

Year : 2007

The engine bhp is never truely accurate on a rolling road, its mainly the whp that counts. Either way, 185.5 whp isn't bad atall for a non mapped gsi. I only had 178whp before my map, and i know alot of other gsi's struggle to push over 170.

I got 192whp after remap btw, as a guideline for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : GSi

Engine : Z32SE

Year : 53

Mileage : 57,000

as above really, whp is what moves you. based on your results there is at least 20% calculated loss through tranmission which is hard to believe on fwd. mine ran 177whp and calculated 208.4bhp flywheel which is standard and est. 15% transmission loss but i still wouldnt grumble because on that formula says you'd still be reading 218bhp which is 10 from standard and these things have been known to tun 220 on the odd occasion, so a nice healthy motor you have

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well mine hit 223bhp without a remap so its possible? im watching this thread

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information