Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2.2 help reassure me!!

So, after car hunting for what seemed to be forever we arrived back last night after picking up what we thought was a bargain 55 plate signum with under 45k on the clock. I sent my dad a text telling him & he rang to see what we'd got & uttered the words ' but you never got the 2.2 engine because they've had problems, sure i mentioned it to you'? Erm, no dad u didn't. A quick google later & now I've had no sleep worrying about it as I travel the motorway with my 2 small children & think it could potentially be a death trapwith the engines just cutting out ! And on top of that the handbrake problem!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vauxhall vivaro

Trim : Basic

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2004

Just ring the local dealer an book it in to have the recall work done

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

2.2 DIRECT has fuel pump issues and depending on age / warranty etc it may fall to you for repairs.
    I had a 2.2i direct which suffered 3 such failures which VX refused to pay for. £700 first time with new coil packs needed, £480 each time thereafter. The replacements were allegedly the re-design but lost so much faith with the car.

Do a search on 2.2 fuel pump and you can read for yourself,.. or even look on the watchdog website as they took up the issue as it was so widespread.

There as some die hard 2.2ers on here who have not had any issues,... but it is hugely widespread and must have been for Watchdog to feature the problem.

I don't think the fuel pump has been listed as a recall,.. I could be wrong here.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah, looked at the watchdog site when I googled for vx 2.2 engine faults which Is why I'm
    Worried. It's the 2.2 direct we got apparently got fsh but hubby took it to work today so I can't see what's been done already, i know I need to check the vin number for handbrake when he gets back but it's more the fuel pump & regulator issue that's worrying me. Tempted to just sell it as soon as it I get the registration through & get the vectra like we originally planned! Can the pump/regulator get fixed by vx now? If it dies get changed are the new ones ok? Or do they suffer the same issues? Is there a way I could see if it's been changed already? ( sorry for all the questions!)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Don't think the cars a deathtrap, anyone killed yet? You haven't mentioned the chains, hear any rattling? And finally to put your mind at rest, the new fuel pumps do also fail. Handbrakes an easy one tho'.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What happens is the car will suddenly go into limp mode - loss of nearly all power.
    First time mine did it stationary at traffic lights. Spanner came on and the car would not pass 30mph - felt like two cylinders had gone. Another time when coming out of roadworks on a motorway, she gave a little cough and the spanner came on and when accellerating it felt like she had water ingress and fluttered a bit under heavy load,.. needed to pull over to the hard shoulder about 5 times and re-start the car to keep going. When I got home I was again down to 30mph and tractor like driving.
    CAN be dangerous but not heard of any fatalities yet!

And like I said, VX have not treated this as a recall and now Vectras are of an age where they are no longer covered by Manufacturers Warranty, I doubt you would get any joy having this dealt with (I wont say fixed as I firmly believe the problem has not been fixed after 3 replacements on my old one!!) free by a VX dealer.

On the plus side it is beautifully smooth to drive!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What happens is the car will suddenly go into limp mode - loss of nearly all power.
    First time mine did it stationary at traffic lights. Spanner came on and the car would not pass 30mph - felt like two cylinders had gone. Another time when coming out of roadworks on a motorway, she gave a little cough and the spanner came on and when accellerating it felt like she had water ingress and fluttered a bit under heavy load,.. needed to pull over to the hard shoulder about 5 times and re-start the car to keep going. When I got home I was again down to 30mph and tractor like driving.
    CAN be dangerous but not heard of any fatalities yet!

And like I said, VX have not treated this as a recall and now Vectras are of an age where they are no longer covered by Manufacturers Warranty, I doubt you would get any joy having this dealt with (I wont say fixed as I firmly believe the problem has not been fixed after 3 replacements on my old one!!) free by a VX dealer.

On the plus side it is beautifully smooth to drive!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c

Trim : ls

Engine : 1800 non vvt

Year : 2004

Mileage : 143000

the handbrake is common across all vectras i have had the letter to get it done
    i went to the dealers they done it it 30 mins
    does seem better but i always leave it in gear anyway so i wouldnt worry there
    it says in your handbook to leave in gear anyway
    give them your reg at the dealers and they will look it up on there computer to see the handbrake has been done

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Be assured the Vectra Z22YH is safe and a great car. I've had mine seven years and yes I have had to replace the fuel pump and regulator but it hasn't changed my opinion.
    If you investigate any car there is always at least one area where folk seem to find problems and particularly when you buy second hand buy its always a gamble of sorts.

Hand brake:-
    This, if it has not previously been fixed it will be done free as part of a recall. I can never understand why anyone would park a car without leaving it in gear as an additional safety measure anyway. So of course get it attended to but its nothing to loose sleep over.
    Fuel pump:-
    I would be very surprised if this has not already been changed. Have a look and if it is branded Continental then it is the updated design and should be ok.
    Fuel regulator:-
    Again this was subject to a recall and has been redesigned and anything manufactured after a particular date is to the new design - sorry don't know the date. If in doubt just replace it. Its about £100 and incredibly simple to replace using your Haynes manual.

So enjoy you purchase. Its a great car but like any second-hand purchase it is extremely unlikely to be absolutely perfect.

Regards,
    Dave
    Last edited by DaveG; 16th March 2012 at 12:49.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks everyone. I called vx & they checked for recalls & the fuel ump reg has shown up so it's booked in for tuesday for them
    To check & replace if neccessary. The handbrake never showed up so it's either been done already or mines not in the bracket of recalls. Car is with hubby at work ATM but will take a look at the fuel pump when he gets home. No doubt I'll be back for more help at some point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information