Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default My say on the air box mod

Hi, thought id add something to the forum rather than just reading ! So heres my take on the air box and intake mods.

The other day I split the airbox, as im sure many of you know there is one removable section in the bottom, and on removable (allbeit with a bit of force and bodging).

So heres my opinion on whats best to do. With the piece in the top half I decided not to remove it, the curved edge and general shaping seemed to make sense and did not look like a productive idea to remove this. The bottom piece looked more like an obstruction than anything, I therefor chose to remove this, easily replaced if no good anyway so nothing to loose !

I reassembled it and took it for a drive. I could not believe for such a simple mod how effective it was. Ironed out my main flat spots, with an earlier take up on the turbo approx 400 earlier. I find the power delivery much smoother.

So my verdict is that is that it's definately worth ago. Its free, easy, and fairly effective. For a beginner dont be afraid of doing it, you cant really go wrong.

Just a couple of tips for the process for anyone who is unsure.

• Dissconnect the sensor first, so that you can access the fixing underneath.
    • You do not need to dissconnect the hose, with a bit of pursuasion you will be able to get into the fixing underneath it. The box will fold back on itself ones all the fixings are released.
    • If you do not have a torx bit to realease the fixings, dont neccessarily go out and buy one. Try a few flat head screw drivers first, but obviously dont round the fixings off with one too small.

So I hope this helps anyone with their decision on carryin out this mod.

Dave

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry for any typos, just clicked send without proof reading !!

Thread Information