Thread: Tesco Numpties

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Tesco Numpties

My mum is in her early 60's, so gets free prescription medicine, as all people over 60 do. When I go to a pharmacy to get her medicines, they all say you don't need to sign the back of the prescription IF the doctor has written her age on the front, which he has. For any other reason for being exempt from paying, you have to tick the relevant box to say why you're exempt and then sign the declaration; it's just the over 60's who don't need to.

A month ago, the pharmacy staff at the Tesco nearest to me have started saying I have to sign the declaration before they'll accept the prescription. I showed them the form where it clearly states that over 60's don't sign if their age is written on the front. That's fine, they said, but it's our local, store policy to get everyone to sign all prescriptions, just in case any that should have been signed don't get signed. To stand up against pointless bureacracy, I refuse to sign, and tell them if they want signatures for no reason, they should draw up their own document instead of misusing an NHS document. Each time, they will refuse to back down, until the pharmacist steps in, admits that they have no legal requirement for the signature for over 60's, and agrees to dispense the medicine. 10 minutes of arguing every single time. Why do I keep going there? Because I won't let the numptys win, and people less assertive than me or perhaps who can't/haven't read the form properly will just sign it anyway, so I think someone has to stand up to them.

After the most recent incident, I email Tesco's customer services people and explain what their staff are doing wrong. A week later I get a reply, saying they're so sorry that I'm unhappy with their service, but because it's a pharmacy issue they can't help, but they'll gladly pass my complaint on to the pharmacy complaints department. But, they go on to say, they can't do that until they have my full address (I've already told them which store I'm complaining about, so that's not why they need my address). I replied to them that since I'm not inviting any Tesco personnel to my house for a chit-chat, why on earth would they need my address when they can communicate via email? I await their next numpty reply.
    Last edited by Rebellion; 12th March 2012 at 09:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post
    Why do I keep going there? Because I won't let the numptys win, and people less assertive than me or perhaps who can't/haven't read the form properly will just sign it anyway, so I think someone has to stand up to them.
    Most will stop going because if a shop is providing bad service, you don't go back. Not because they are 'not assertive'. Just go somewhere else, I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing it to get the reaction you are giving them. I would say they are winning by miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a similar problem at an ASDA pharmacy in my town. The pharmacist refused to give my mother her prescribed medication without knowing what other medication she was taking. I asked him why he wanted to know that as the doctor had prescribed them with the full knowledge of what she was also taking on a daily basis. He said it was to 'cover himself'. This was to get IBUPROFEN capsules. Admittedly strong ones, but nevertheless.

My mother got upset as she said she couldn't remember the long names of her meds, and he point blank refused to serve her. I informed the pharmacist that his staff had been happily giving my mother her Ibuprofen prescription for months and we had proof of this. I then said if there was a riskof anything then his staff would be liable. He then admitted he had no legal right to know this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by GazCDTI150 View Post
    Most will stop going because if a shop is providing bad service, you don't go back. Not because they are 'not assertive'. Just go somewhere else, I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing it to get the reaction you are giving them. I would say they are winning by miles.
    They're not winning if, every time, they get over ruled by the pharmacist and have to hand me the medicines even though I haven't signed anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Why not just sign the damn thing and stop holding up the queue behind you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Mileage : 40000

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post
    They're not winning if, every time, they get over ruled by the pharmacist and have to hand me the medicines even though I haven't signed anything.
    My point is why waste energy going there? Do you like getting frustrated? I know what I would rather do, go elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI

Year : 2013

this is pointless

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm sure the staff lose sleep over it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Mileage : 1200

I got fed up with a well know national chain Pharmacy in the High street constantly messing up our prescriptions, so I changed to the small family run one a few hundred yards down the street.
    Do I feel they've somehow, in some way beaten me? No. THe service was not acceptable so I went elsewhere.
    You're not going to get them to change their policy, so why take the stress?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.8 SRi

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z18XE

Year : 2004

At the end of the day Tesco can have a policy saying you must wear comedy glasses with a nose and moustache attached, their policies can say what they like. Personally in your position I'd just take the 2 seconds to sign the form and then get my prescription. After all what practical reason have you got against signing it? In some ways their policy makes sense to make sure that they don't get any through not signed that needed it.
    The words storm and teacup spring to mind here.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information