Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Angry F**ing Gutted

As the title says I'm not too happy at the moment.

After being stuck for over an hour going to work and then having the argument from hell with my local dealers service manager, its not been a good day.

Set off for work cars going along fine, the usual knotchy gear shift when cold. Stops at a roundabout, sets off 1st ok, 2nd ok, 3rd a bit stiff, 4th.... 4th no go, it is stuck in 3rd.
    Pulls over and still stuck in 3rd, clutch in heavy pull on gear leaver and I hear this horrendous crack. So I let out the clutch and the car is still in gear (3rd I pressume) and the car lurches forward and stalls.

So on the phone to Mr AA guy, who arrives after 45 mins, sticks the front wheels on a trolly type thing and takes me to the local dealer.

The car is on the back of the AA truck, flashing lights and all and the service manager comes out and asks "Is there something wrong?" Dah.

After explaining the problem, the car is lowered and the service manager jumps in........ "I can't get it into gear" he says. Now he is begining to anoy me. So the car is pushed into the workshop.

The service manager comes back to the office about 15 mins later and says we will look at it today and get back to you. Then he says " It looks like you have knackered the gearbox, have you been thrashing it?"

At that point I lost it, told him to look at the service record as I had the car in 3 weeks ago about the noisey, knotchy gearbox and told it was normal. He then said depending on the damage it might not be covered under warranty. That was the wrong thing to say. It is an 18 month old car with 22k and he is telling me it might not be covered.

So he was told in no uncertain terms that I want it fixed under warranty and not to call me until it is sorted.

Nowtime to play the trump card, my Dad has just ordered a Zafira SRI XP 1.9 CDTI @ £22k from the same dealer, so he is going to call them and cancel the order, in view of the customer service and that the zafira has the same engine/gearbox as mine.

They will probably come up with some drivel that the engine/gearbox is top quality, reliable etc, just more ammunition for me to go back to them with.

Really gutted all the same as I was hoping to go to the Scottish rolling road day on Saturday, but unless VX work a miracle I can't see myself making it.

This is my 3rd Vectra and now seriously losing faith in them, maybe a change to another manufacturer soon.

Anyone fancy a 1.9 CDTI SRI 150 05 plate?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Rodnoc View Post

Anyone fancy a 1.9 CDTI SRI 150 05 plate?
    Not if it's been thrashed.....

Sounds like the service guy is thick as two very very short planks...I'd love to see their faces when the Zaffy is cancelled!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's not the manufacturer you should be looking to change m8, it's the dealer - they sound completely inept!!

There should be no question of it being a warranty repair from what you've said. Also the fact that you had the car in three weeks before complaining of a noisy, notchy gearbox gives you even further ammunition! I wonder if they realised that they've screwed up by saying everything was 'normal' on the previous visit and now realise it wasn't - and possibly Vx may make them liable for some of the costs for sending a car away that should have been looked at further?

Liking the bit about your Dad's Zafira - that's an excellent bargaining chip as well!

Hope you get it all sorted m8

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hope you get it sorted in your favour m8.

There have been a lot of horror stories on here lately about our beloved vecs

I am listening out for any sort of unusual noise evertime I drive mine now !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Bl00dy hell Alan, that gutting

Really hope you get it sorted and back on the road at NO cost to you, i must say it looks like the dealers have made an @rse of it here

As for the rolling road, dont worry about it mate, these things happen(unfortunately). What you should do is get a courtesy car of said dealer and bring it along so we ALL can take our anger out on it for you

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

seems people are not having a good time with their vecs lately, aot of angry 'smiley' faces on the fronts of posts.

your dealership does sound like they're halfway through the 'vauxhall dealership for dummies' manual

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you don't get any joy, I have a direct e-mail address to one of the Managers at Vx Customer Services matey. You just need to give the dealer a chance before calling in the big boys

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Different problem but mine went into limp mode last night 1st time ever, the car and spanner light came on the dash. I was in 3rd gear and about to put my foot down and.....nothing engine didn't rev up and car pootled home at its own pace. Parked it up at home turned the engine on and off a couple of times and still in limp mode.
    Got the owners manual out, went inside for 5 mins, came back out and the car drives perfectly and have had no problems today, whats that all about??!
    Right, wheres that thread hi-jack smiley!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quick update - Just got a call from the dealer, did he leave it to the last minute or what.

They have had a look at the gearbox and apparently the gear linkage is knackered and needs replacing and the gearbox needs re-built. He waffled on about synchro rings and some downpipe, but way over my head.

Bottom line I told him that I wanted a new gearbox and no excuses.

He then went onto say that as it was some sort of hydraulic feed problem, that is clutch related, therefore wear and tear and not covered by the warranty.

I was too gobsmaked to argue, so I told him I would be in first thing tomorrow.

I was glad he was on the phone and not standing next to me or I would have been in the nick by now, the same smarmy git who accused me of thrashing the car - just because it has got spoilers fitted and debadged (good job I removed the tuning box before Mr AA man arrived ).

So battle will comence first thing tomorrow, my Dad is giving me a lift to the dealers and at the same time he will be cancelling his order for a £22k Zafira. That should get the sales department going loopy for a start.

I will not be letting this drop, no way. I reported the fault weeks ago, they ignored it and now its worse.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Tell him to away and lie in his own P1SH Alan

Im sure once they find out they are possibly losing a 22k order they will change their tune! Also think that D has a great point earlier by saying they might be liable seeing as they diagnosed it as being normal....

Best of luck

BTW hope your getting a courtesy car from them too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information