User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: assistance with fault code please (z20net)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default assistance with fault code please (z20net)

hi there i have got a pre-facelift vectra sri-t that ive been tunning but i have been having a problem with some fault codes i keep getting p0037=h02s bank 1 sensor 2 heater circuit low and p0138=02 sensor circuit high volts i aslo had the same fault pretty much with with bank 1 sensor 1 but after replacing both the bank 1 lambda sensor and the bank 1 sensor 2 exhaust gas temp sensors im left with just the 2 codes coming back up i am looking to get the car re-mapped but i need to sort the codes out first i have fitted the car with a td04h14 from the saab 93 aero ss a set of green injectors from the same model a piper viper induction kit a set of ngk platinum plugs and cat back stainless exhaust system i have used both my standard boost control sensors the 1 on the end of the actuator (this is new) and the 1 above the dipstick (this is old) could that be the cause of my fault codes ( should i be running saab 93 aero ss ones to match my set up ) should i keep my original 1s but replace the other 1 ? or am i looking in the wrong area for fixing my faults can anybody help me please im getting really baffled

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Did you have the error codes before you changed the turbo and injectors?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

Year : 2006

Solenoids are the same. Check the wiring to the lambdas is not chaiffed somewhere and maybe see if you can clean your MAF.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post
    Did you have the error codes before you changed the turbo and injectors?
    yes the codes were there when i took it in part ex the previous keeper had blown the turbo so i started by replacing it and whilst it had to be done i just fitted a td04 rather than wasting money on a replacement gt2252 i knew the injectors would need replacing aswell for a stage 3 maptune so i ordered them at the same time as the turbo. i have since fitting the turbo started to try and get rid of the fault codes ive replaced the pre cat lambda sensor and a couple of codes have gone ive replaced the exhaust temperature sensor aswell and a couple of more codes have gone could you please confirm is the 02 bank 1 sensor 2 the rear lambda sensor ? also the previous keeper had a forge atmospheric bov fitted to the car and for some reason both the valves on the end of the wastegate and above the dipstick have the same part number of 12787706 which im sure i read somewhere they have seperate part numbers to which i can not find the part number for the solinoid above the dipstick

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

Year : 2006

the two solenoids are different, different part numbers and values.. Lambda 1 is in the top bend of the downpipe before the cat.. the EGT is just below the cat.. Lambda 2 is in the centre section of the exhaust..

The part numbers for the solenoids or Charge Air Bypass Valves (CABV) are:

the first one by that clips to the turbo actuator is: 55354158
    The second by the throttle body is: 12787706

Get rid if the BOV for a start (if you still have it) as its more hassle than its worth on your engine.

MY engine is Maptun tuned with a bigger 16T turbo and i have them in this position with no issues.. Maptun can map out the EGT for you as well if you ask.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If the previous owner had blown the turbo, then part of your car's problem may be from oil having gone through the engine and then the exhaust manifold.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_nige View Post
    the two solenoids are different, different part numbers and values.. Lambda 1 is in the top bend of the downpipe before the cat.. the EGT is just below the cat.. Lambda 2 is in the centre section of the exhaust..

The part numbers for the solenoids or Charge Air Bypass Valves (CABV) are:

the first one by that clips to the turbo actuator is: 55354158
    The second by the throttle body is: 12787706

Get rid if the BOV for a start (if you still have it) as its more hassle than its worth on your engine.

MY engine is Maptun tuned with a bigger 16T turbo and i have them in this position with no issues.. Maptun can map out the EGT for you as well if you ask.
    hi yeh i removed the bov at the time of swapping the turbo i have 2 of the solinoids ending 06 on mine thanks to the previous keeper and the idiots at vauxhall tried getting me to put it on the computer to tell me the code of the second part number because they couldnt even find what part i was even telling them about grrr its annoying how they always try n get you to pay to go on the computer for something as simple as telling me the part number i need to order as you have and when you tell them youve done your research on the forums they look at you asif to say they are the experts and only they know what theyre talkin about

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post
    If the previous owner had blown the turbo, then part of your car's problem may be from oil having gone through the engine and then the exhaust manifold.
    ive stripped all the boost system down and had the exhaust from cat back replaced ive fitted new injectors new plugs and given the car a oil n filter change using castrol gtx 5w/30 n cleaned the throttle body ive even ordered a genuine airbix and piper x panel filter and put some cleaner through the cat aswell i know the blown turbo will of left oil in lots of places that may cause problems but ive run out of ideas on what else to clean lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well ive sorted the engine management out and got the solinoid on order so hopefully once its fitted it should be boosting properly and ready to get the the remap done i want to fit silicon hoses and some better hose clamps but cant find a hose kit for the z20net listed can anybody tell me will the b207r kits fit properly being a similar engine or is the fitment pionts different ?

Thread Information