Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Z30DT, fault code P1190

So after I had 2 engine stalls in mid-traffic I decided I would speak to my Opel dealer and have him read any fault codes.

He told me my Vec generated "P1190", which could be a pressure control valve, or one or more injectors, or maybe a control device. (don't know if I am translating correctly)

Has anyone here ever heard of this code, or maybe know of a solution which won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Any advice is appreciated.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Fendy View Post
    I decided I would speak to my Opel dealer and have him read any fault codes
    He told me my Vec generated "P1190", which could be a pressure control valve, or one or more injectors, or maybe a control device. (don't know if I am translating correctly)
    How typical, an obscure answer from a dealership about this engine, which doesn't answer the question
    My suggestion would be to ask the dealership to escalate the matter for investigation and an absolute solution, for which a quote can then be issued
    Usually this means the Area Technician examining your car, which can take between 30 minutes and 2 hours, but here in the UK you don't pay for this when it is required

How often does this fault occur?
    If it has only happened a few times in the last three months, then just monitor it
    However, if it happens at least 50% of engine use, then have the code read next time whilst it is still live (do not switch the engine off and take it straight to them)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    How typical, an obscure answer from a dealership about this engine, which doesn't answer the question
    My suggestion would be to ask the dealership to escalate the matter for investigation and an absolute solution, for which a quote can then be issued
    Usually this means the Area Technician examining your car, which can take between 30 minutes and 2 hours, but here in the UK you don't pay for this when it is required

How often does this fault occur?
    If it has only happened a few times in the last three months, then just monitor it
    However, if it happens at least 50% of engine use, then have the code read next time whilst it is still live (do not switch the engine off and take it straight to them)
    The funny thing is that I didn't actually see the code. I asked them to invite me in the workshop as soon as they got started, but they didn't.

The reason I went to them in the first place is this:
    While driving on the motorway the engine simply stopped running, barely had time to pull onto the side of the road. After this I simply restarted the engine without any problem whatsoever. The same thing occured only one time later that week, while driving down a small road and also then it restarted without a hitch. It never happened again after that.

I don't have any warranty at this dealership as I didn't buy the car from them, so my hope now goes in 2 directions.

1: this problem is incidental and will go away by itself (yea...how naive of me)
    2: I will contact the people that sold me the car and try to get them to investigate/solve any issue (yea, goodluck without the proper warranty in place)

So if anyone has good advice...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI

Engine : 3.0 V6 CDTI

Year : 2007

A quick google search pulled up Engine Vacuum Leak (http://www.permoveo.ltd.uk/tabid/122...l/Default.aspx)
    This gives the dealer a wide range of billable routes, which we don't want.
    Was there any other symtoms before the car died? Juddering, etc, What was the speed?
    If you bought the car recently then if it was from a dealer it should fall to them to fix any issues, warranty or not. The car has to be fit for purpose.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by lee_umney View Post
    A quick google search pulled up Engine Vacuum Leak (http://www.permoveo.ltd.uk/tabid/122...l/Default.aspx)
    This gives the dealer a wide range of billable routes, which we don't want.
    Was there any other symtoms before the car died? Juddering, etc, What was the speed?
    If you bought the car recently then if it was from a dealer it should fall to them to fix any issues, warranty or not. The car has to be fit for purpose.
    Was driving about 55 mph, engine was warm, just a mild judder at 1800 rpm and then it died... no spanner lights or anything that would identify a faillure of some sort.

Just me fantasizing here...could it be that this P1190 is old, hasn´t been cleared from the system, thus has been there for a while and have nothing to do with this problem that I had? Especially since it only happened 1 or 2 times and even that has been weeks ago...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Doesn't the Car/Spanner light come on if a new code has been stored? You didn;t mention this had come on - in which case if the above is true it could be an old code......anyone?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ph67 View Post
    Doesn't the Car/Spanner light come on if a new code has been stored? You didn;t mention this had come on - in which case if the above is true it could be an old code......anyone?
    My thoughts exactly, since I own (which is since Dec 29) the car I have never seen any spanner light or other warning light come on...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI

Engine : 3.0 V6 CDTI

Year : 2007

Not always, it depends on what it is. Have the codes cleared and then drive it for a week and have then checked again.
    When was the last time the car was serviced? Do you know if the fuel filter has been done recently?
    If it hasn't been changed within the last 10000 miles then have it changed, ask the person changing it about the level of the fuel in the filter bowl, there are post on here regarding low fuel levels but that would normally show low fuel pressure error codes (I think).
    Hope that helps

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by lee_umney View Post
    Not always, it depends on what it is. Have the codes cleared and then drive it for a week and have then checked again.
    When was the last time the car was serviced? Do you know if the fuel filter has been done recently?
    The last oil and filter change was when I bought it, December 29th, which is approx. 2000 km ago. The fuel filter was last done at 144k km and it now is at 167km according to service history. so the fuel filter gas been in for 23000 km's (which is 14k miles) befor that it was changed at 75000 km, so there has been a 75k interval.
    If it hasn't been changed within the last 10000 miles then have it changed, ask the person changing it about the level of the fuel in the filter bowl, there are post on here regarding low fuel levels but that would normally show low fuel pressure error codes (I think).
    Hope that helps
    Every bit helps, so thank you all, for thinking about this with me. I really want to have lots of happy miles in this Vec.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Oh by the way, can anyone guide me to where the fuel filternis housed? I read in another forum about someone with a similar problem who found that not only the filter was dirty, but also some hoses leading to and from the filter housing where not connected properly.

Thanks again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information