Hi I have a 2004 vectra estate 1.9cdti (120)
Just a few questions
1) In the morning , usually when damp, cold.. i go over bridges or speed humps I get like a loud creaking noise from the front.. later in the day or in the summer I dont get it.. Its everyday in the autumn/winter.. what could it be??
2) How much is a wheel alignment? My brother is a bus mechanic and he replaced my driver side track rod end and both rear upper suspension arms at weekend, all what that replaced was because we had an MOT advisory on them.We did have a wobble feel when driving slowish but i havent drove the car since so not sure if these have solved it.. will report bk on that tomorrow!
3) I have exhaust smell in car and when I change gear i can hear a whoosh and sometimes a noise (like u hear planes in the sky) My bro checked it this weekend and said our downpipe flexi is blowing.. are these easily changeable? I have seen on euro car parts that i can get it for £43, the section that has the flexi pipe in and bolts each end somewhere (i assume to rest of exhaust).. are they really that simple?
4) when I start the car in the morning I briefly hear a noise.. sounds abit like birds.. but then goes.. what could this be??
5) BRAKEs.. we keep having to bleed our brakes.. had new front ones put in about 12 months ago and since then we keep getting air in them, has brake lines looked at and they seem fine, what we have noticed recently is that the brakes are fine for a while until we get the traction control light come on (randomly and sometimes when sitting) then after that the pedal slowly starts to travel til we have to press again to get hard, then we bleed them.. we are NOT losing any brake fluid though .. any ideas???
thanking you all in advance