On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Ford Mondeo Titanium TDCi 130

I went and picked up a new hire car for the wife last night as the Grand Punto they gave us was too small. I knew we were getting a Mondeo but I was surprised to see a brand new TDCi 130 Titanium sitting there for me.

I used to have a 2002 LX TDCi as a company car a few years ago and thought it wasn't anything special, but Ford really got their act together when they facelifted the current Mondeo. The build quality is excellent in my opinion and the equipment levels are good also; to name a few - climate control, Sony DAB digital stereo, 5 spoke alloys. And a good feature was the lights under the door mirrors that light the driveway/path when you unlock the car, very good!

The 130bhp engine pulls quite hard as well and I would say it's on par with my CDTi 150 in standard form. I wouldn't mind a spin in a TDCi 155 now!

So, I reckon that if this car's anything to go by, the new Mondeo will be a cracking buy. Time for Vauxhall to pull out all the stops with the Vectra D.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a look at a 2.2tdci ST at the weekend, 06 plate, 9000 miles and £15600, a very nice car, but the leather seats are very soft, also the inside isn`t as modern or solid feeling as a vec I would say. From the outside in performance blue and 18`s it looks the business though ..Didn`t have a go of it ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was on the verge of buying an ST TDCI estate about 6 weeks ago. Had a test drive in a mint one, with every toy you could imagine. Have to say after the test drive, it just left me a bit cold. Nowhere near as exciting as my standard 150 CDTI.

It did everything really well, but there was just a bit of excitement and edge missing. I still think that the 150 CDTI would outrun the 2.2 TDCI mondeo. It certainly feels that way.

Just looking forward to my new 150 CDTI estate now which should be here in 3 weeks or less

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think the mondeo is a cracking motor a mate has the new tdci st and it goes like hell and as alex says they have a good build quailty
    looks stunning in the blue aswell

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If the deal had been. better, I'd be driving a ST Tdci instead of the Vec. Couldn't get one for less than £15500 two years ago, and it just wasn't three grand better than the Vec.

Loved the car though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Like you say, I think the Vec the better value but no "worse" than the Mondeo. There some bargins to be had with Vectras (I should know ) . Especially on e.g. the 1.9's, there seems to be loads about in the car supermarkets, helps drive the prices down.
    They are just 2 different cars that each has its good points and bad points. Dont think the Mondeo is worth the extra money

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

had a prefacelift mondeo 2.0 l zetec petrol, and it was belting car. when i decided i wanted something newer, you just cant find the facelift "ghia" in a petrol model so i got the sri. looking at the ford iosis which is coming out VX really need to do something with the bland interior to compete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've been driving a 56 2.0 ghia ctdi for the last 5 weeks since the veccy died. Gotta say that i'm well impressed with build quality, engine torque and features especially the heated front screen as standard.
    Minus points against the veccy so far is the fuel tank is about £10 worth smaller than the veccy, stereo controls are out of sight on a stalk behind the wheel, the auto dim mirror is not switchable , the 12v sockets are permanent live (means unplugging all my equipment) and the anolog clock.

"And a good feature was the lights under the door mirrors that light the driveway/path when you unlock the car, very good!"

Have you tried the folding mirrors? centre the mirror joystick and push it down.

Compared with a 04 2.0 dti Ls ,this is a much better car, but given the chioce of an equivelent say- 56 1.9cdti Elite I would choose the

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

My hire car the other week was a Ford Mondeo Ghia, 130 TDCi 56plate with 800 mile on the clock and to be honest wasnt a bad car for work. Engine felt spritely but seem to hit 3-4k revs quite easily. but was a nice smooth drive if not a bit wallowly though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nice smooth engine the 130 , very linear in its delivery , i nearly went for a 130ps titanium x over the vectra but fancied a change so got the vectra , the mondeo is is a fantastic car to pilot ,my vectra wasnt bad but im finding myself swearing at it as its handling like a pig at the mo , off to the dealers tomorrow to get the wheelbearing checked and am going to ask them to check all the front end alignment , would have done it sooner but been busy .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information