Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation hiya mate....

Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight2 View Post
    I have this rattle but mine is permanent and not only on start-up, only had the car 6 months. I've checked the service book and it has never been serviced by Vauxhall. So unsure what oils have been used. Ive been told by the dealers that the cam shaft gear wheels need changing for £550.. As this noise is now permanent would removing the solenoid filters, doing an engine flush and oil & filter change with 0 - 40w fully synthetic oil help at all, or is my engine actually passed this stage? Thanks.

The 0 40w is the oil that GM GROUP use on the engines when they are build in the assembly line... Vauxhall forget to mention on the Z18 XER To use the 0 40w engine oil on the cold countrys like, the UK, and others countrys in north Europe... and the 5 30w engine oil to use in the countrys south Europe... I come from Portugal , and the oil used there on this types of engines are 5 30w coz of the weather.... I really hope that 1st you try my recommendation, coz might help u out... alote of people in the forums, have always the thing of question, and moaning about everything... so I will think that u should make yours maths in a simple way.... 0 40w arrives first to the camshafts, than 5 30w... and is more expensive than any others engine oils... the problems in the z18 xer engine is that in the uk customers put 5 30w oil, in the winter... that 5 30w only shoul be put in the summer, and 0 40w on the winter.... thanks for your time reading my post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : sri

Engine : 1.8vvti

Year : 2006

Mileage : 55000

Quote Originally Posted by filipeuk View Post

The 0 40w is the oil that GM GROUP use on the engines when they are build in the assembly line... Vauxhall forget to mention on the Z18 XER To use the 0 40w engine oil on the cold countrys like, the UK, and others countrys in north Europe... and the 5 30w engine oil to use in the countrys south Europe... I come from Portugal , and the oil used there on this types of engines are 5 30w coz of the weather.... I really hope that 1st you try my recommendation, coz might help u out... alote of people in the forums, have always the thing of question, and moaning about everything... so I will think that u should make yours maths in a simple way.... 0 40w arrives first to the camshafts, than 5 30w... and is more expensive than any others engine oils... the problems in the z18 xer engine is that in the uk customers put 5 30w oil, in the winter... that 5 30w only shoul be put in the summer, and 0 40w on the winter.... thanks for your time reading my post
    Hi Filipeu, I will definitely be trying an engine flush and oil change with 0w 40 oil before anything else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Liqui-molly 0 40w....... Castrol edge 0 40w......... Mobil1 0 40w....... Gm dexos2 0 40w...... Are the oils that they have recomended to me to use... The bloke of gm/opel told me to put liqui-molly engine flush, and the engine oil... So i think it worth u take is advise....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

All about oil in easy to understand lingo...........sort of.

http://www.upmpg.com/tech_articles/motoroil_viscosity/

http://www.upmpg.com/tech_articles/oil_bottle.htm

I recommend fully reading the information in these links.

Last edited by C-Owner; 25th November 2013 at 20:23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hiya there vauxhall fanatic
    some people use 2 diferent engine oils.... ONE FOR THE SUMMER.... AND OTHER TO THE WINTER TIMES....
    AND YOUR ENGINES WILL SAY THANKS FOR IT....
    AND YOUR WALLET TO....
    BUT EITHER WAY, THE ENGINE OILS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN YOUR CAR... AND PEOPLE SOME TIMES TENDER TO PUT CRAP BRAND OR OILS THAT ARENT THE RIGHT ONES FOR THE CAR COZ IS CHEAPER...
    MY ADVICE TO ALL, IS SERVICE YOUR CAR ALLWAYS WITH THE BEST PARTS, COZ ITS GOING TO SAVE YOUR MONEY IN THE FUTURE....
    EVERY 6 MONTHS I CHANGE THE OIL AND THE OIL FILTER OF MY CAR AND PLUGS, AIR-FILTER.... BUT THAT IS COZ I HAVE TRADER DISCOUNT ON PARTS.... AND I DO THE JOB MYSELF....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Why are you typing in capital letters all the time, is your keyboard faulty ?

As I said you obviously didn't read the links I posted above from your reply,
    or you did but don't understand whats written on the informative website.

So.............

The good thing is it your engine, your choice to put what you like in it when you like,
    as your the one paying for it and as long as your happy that's the important thing

Have fun .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Exclusive

Engine : Z18XER

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight2 View Post
    I have this rattle but mine is permanent and not only on start-up, only had the car 6 months. I've checked the service book and it has never been serviced by Vauxhall. So unsure what oils have been used. Ive been told by the dealers that the cam shaft gear wheels need changing for £550.. As this noise is now permanent would removing the solenoid filters, doing an engine flush and oil & filter change with 0 - 40w fully synthetic oil help at all, or is my engine actually passed this stage? Thanks.

Don't know if you are still on here or not but if you are did you try it and did it work or otherwise. Ours has been rattling for years now awaiting complete failure but it soldiers on.The rattle disappears over 1500 rpm but returns on idle. I think a few people have changed all the timing gear only for the noise to still be there. I am thinking oil pump or low flow below the 1500 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by filipeuk View Post

Has anyone followed felippes advice and it solved it.

OR IS IT THE OIL PUMP. ASIF not done at the timing belt and gear change it has all to be done again. The oil pressure switch IIRC is hidden behind the catalysed manifold.

Pomeo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Exclusiv

Engine : 1.8 vvt

Year : 2009

Mileage : 90000

Hi. Did anyone take any photos while doing this job? Or any how. 2s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

take photo's of what an engine flush and oil replacement or the cam-phaser replacement? why not look in the how-to's yourself? if it is there it'll be easily found through the index topic.

10. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    take photo's of what an engine flush and oil replacement or the cam-phaser replacement? why not look in the how-to's yourself? if it is there it'll be easily found through the index topic.
    Plus, this very issue has been spoken about quite a bit in the past few weeks. So I’m not sure why they have been missed and not used to help solve it.
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

12. Likes northpole liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information