Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Fuming at garage!!!

Hi folks, sorry for long post and very angry just now, but please read and tell me what you think.

I just had to take my car in for work that the garage did not do before i bought it, details in this thread
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156871

Anyway on Monday i went and spoke to them and they said yeah got your email but we can't email back from here ( got to be a load of crap but oh well) and said will need to leave it with us is thursday ok?
    booked it in and took it up this morning for 9 as asked, get there and said ok so whats wrong with it(owner - guy who sold it and told me everything they would do etc as in other thread), can't really read the email, dodgy eyesight....
    explained again said ok, told me a fib about vauxhalls they all run cold, i just nah they really don't i know what its supposed to run at and he shut up, took it to their garage around the corner, the guy their wasn't expecting me i am sure, and explained to him and left him with it. and went off.

roll on 4 get a call saying car is ready, from the dealer get their just past 5 and get told its still up the workshop so get dropped off there walk into workshop, car is on a ramp speak to the mechanic and here goes nope not ready for at least an hour asked what parts it needed and told it wiper motor and thermostat housing as i guessed it needed.
    The dealer has just lied and obviously wanted his car back before they shut, the guy on the phone was the owner again and had left by time i got there and had not told anybody else that i was coming in, so was dealing with one of the salesmen.

so am ****ed off but can't do anything so walk back down the road to tesco next to the dealer for some food but guy from dealer saw me walking and asked what was up, told him and he phoned the garage and asked what was going on and told me car be ready soon as poss, said fine ok, am ****ed off since its a waste of my time and your boss obviously just wanted his car back on, to which he kinda nodded but didn't say anything.

Anyway, i kick about and just yap to the guy that's left at the dealer, till my car is ready some old guy from the workshop runs the car down to dealer and picks me up and goes back to the workshop so he don't have to walk which is fair enough and says bye.

i got in, and as i pulled out on the road from under the bright lights outside the workshop, and headlight of cars driving down the road i see what looks like a line on my screen, though it was dirt fired the washers and nothing and realize that its a ****** big crack in my screen so turn around and went right back to the workshop, stopped in the petrol station looked at the cracked and shockingly it runs right down and under the scuttle lip which also has a crack in it (this crack is one uniform line, very fine line with no chip mark )

I grab the mechanic/boss (who was very polite through out) and have a go at him saying their a ****** crack in my windscreen and scuttle and he goes yeah but that was then when it came in, the guy working on it got him over before he started and said their a crack in the screen and they got one of the salesmen to come up the road to have a look at as well (same guy that i was talking to while waiting) after explaining several time well nobody has said a peep to me about it. (i rekon guy doing the work broke it put bits back to cover his back or they both fibbing)

After pointing out that the crack in the scuttle and the crack in the screen almost perfectly line up so whoever done the work has been rough and cracked it, he vaguely admitted that they broke the scuttle but not the screen, all these people looked at it but kept telling him i am having none of it, why the hell should i have to put it on my insurance and pay my screen excess to fix this? also asked what they going to do about the damage to the scuttle, but didn't get an answer to that and wasn't pressing it as the screen my main concern just now.
    I got told that it looks like sombody else had a go at it and caused the crack(s)

He offered that he would pay for my excess to replace the screen since i am so adamant they did it and i not been spoken to and to give him my insurance details and he would organize it. i'm still not happy but i am ****ed off and just want to go home so say right fine, ill phone you tomorrow.

I still don't think its right that i should be putting anything on my insurance at all, but i am not driving around with a cracked screen and certainly not going back to the dealer or workshop in person they have had their chances.

When i first got to the workshop i noticed another 1.8 (58 plate) facelift vectra sat in the workshop with the bonnet up, and as i walked to tesco i though are they being dicks and just swapping parts over? i asked the salesman outright are they doing that but he was adamant oh no they are new from vauxhall.
    I have had a look under the bonnet, the coolant is below the line by a noticeable amount and i am parked facing downhill. but cant really tell much since its very dark out by time i got home, but the thermostat really don't look new to me, so am very suspicious that have just pulled parts off another car.

The wheel alignment i don't think has been done either the wheel is still squint, was told this was no problem they can only do tracking anyway so i rekon this is why.

So, what you guys think i should do? get the screen fixed under my insurance, i am going to talk to the fitter anyway, about it and see what he says and try and get written proof that in his opinon that the crack caused by hamfisted idiot being rough with the scuttle and if so send this to the garage and my insurance company so get them to pay for there mistakes?

Other option is to get a windscreen fitter to inspect it anyway and then send the letters etc (however this leaves me car less) for how ever long it takes them to admit liability?

Personally i feel it best to get the screen sorted out, and hopefully get a statement from the fitter that in his professional opinion the garage broke it.

Then go to Vauxhall and ask them todo a health check on the car, and have a chat to the service manager about the problems i have had and if in their professional opinion x,y,z etc are faults, problems on the car that were present at the time it went for the "pre-mot"/Service before i picked it up send them the bill for vauxhall to rectify things they identify, also a quote for them to replace the scuttle and tell me if the wiper motor and thermostat housing are new.
    Also see if they can verify that they did deliver parts today to the dealer/workshop etc if not get written proof of this and see what the dealer/workshop have to say for themselves.

thanks, i know its a bit of a rant and I don't care if i have to see them in court or anything, all i know i am doing i am not letting them lay a finger on the car again. what ever happens i am putting a lot in writing to them, and to trading standards.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SRI With a few added extras

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 120

Year : 06

Sounds a right stinker of a job mate, I'd be back down to the garage in the morning and want to see the boss man and demand to know what the f*** they are going to do to put things right, claiming off your own insurance when they have theirs, ridiculous imo

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

from other post "Anyway, when I viewed the car, there was a problem with the wipers, they park about 1-2 inchs high, everything works intermittent wipe, washers constant etc which I pointed out several times and was assured that the car would get a basic service, a pre-mot with any issues found sorted and any other problems would get sorted out"
    If your car had a pre MOT would/should the windscreen have picked up?? Sure it should have.

VIP-Member
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

this was the boss of the workshop that i spoke to! overall he seemed a nice man just looked knackered and stressed did feel sorry for him when i first went to pick it up
    ill be a lot calmer in the morning to sort it out and ask what good legal reason do they have not to fix it under their insurance cover, and if no answer give him a couple days to sort it or ill start legal stuff.

yeah, i would have though it would as were the damage is is a mot failure,
    Last edited by Jebus; 23rd February 2012 at 23:05. Reason: missed 2nd reply

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

He'd done the screen when he's had a spanner on the wiper arm i reckon

I would'nt stand for it.

I always take a few quick photos on my phone whenever i leave my car anywhere these days.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

He'd done the screen when he's had a spanner on the wiper arm i reckon

I would'nt stand for it.

I always take a few quick photos on my phone whenever i leave my car anywhere these days.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VXD

Sounds a right nightmare as above i would demand they put it right and dont be claiming for a new screen yourself its not your doing they have damaged it they can fix it

Hampshire (Near Havant) . .Drives: Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

Year : 2005

I have broke a screen before when changing wipers.

Lifted up the arms and removed the blades, walked off and one sprung back down.

My boss wasnt happy but as it was our fault we changed it, We can get screens at trade which was £110 for rain/light sensor one so its not a huge extra to swallow to keep a customer happy.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yep, agree and go and get them to fix it, if not mention that you will be talking to Trading Standards and also CAB and a solicitor.

Have a read about your rights whn buying a car from a garage.

VIP-Member
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Red face

***UPDATE****

Spoken to the guy at the workshop this morning, told him that i am not happy to be claiming on my insurance for it, as it not my responsibility, they have failed in their duty of care whilst they had my vehicle and technically i am committing fraud by claiming for damages committed by them.

the key points of his argument etc were:

But its your vehicle and it not going to cost you anything

Guy that did the work is adamant it was their before, been there 9 years and never had any problems with him

when I asked him about his insurance to cover such things told that he didn't have it and he has a 500 quid excess

When i mentioned the scuttle that you admitted you damaged he didn't say anything,

also told me that the police won't say anything and didn't say much when i mentioned its safety

ended with he will have to speak to the dealer about it all

So, i am going to wait for the dealer to get back to me, will give him till the afternoon, which i feel is plenty of time before i have another round.

Both the workshop business, and dealer have been there for a good length of time so either do a lot of dodgy deals or just don't get many people that really will stand up for their rights when dealing with anything.

its all very annoying, i just want a car that works as it was sold to me in, is that really to much to ask these days?

Thread Information