User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Still on my original Vectra from July 2005, who else?

  1. #1
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SRi


    Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 137000

    Default Still on my original Vectra from July 2005, who else?

    I bought the Vec in March of 05 and joined this forum July 2005. Seven years later and she's still going strong, how many others out there are on the original Vec/Signum, off the top of my head there's Duncan, Plasma, Ian-Highlander, Graeme...?

    PS nubes need not apply Lets say a cut off of 2008

  2. #2
    Regular Member suj786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    glasgow
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    ive had mine since 2003,
    its one of the first new vectras. mine was a 2002 demo car

  3. #3
    Regular Member v33tra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    ayrshire,scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Member number 10 here bought my first Vec C in 2003 so had it nearly 2 years by the time this site was launched i had right up until last year when my wife kindly drove it through a flood and wrecked the engine however if that hadn`t have happened then i would have been typing right now "yes still got mine" but i can`t women drivers grrrr

  4. #4
    Regular Member ditchp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The world famous city ground
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

    Trim : Get a

    Engine : Dirty diesel

    Year : 2006

    Default

    no mention of me in that list...

    brought car nov 2006, joined here jan 2007 still got car and still on here...
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

  5. #5
    [Ex]Admin Duncan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    I bought the Vec in March of 05 and joined this forum July 2005. Seven years later and she's still going strong, how many others out there are on the original Vec/Signum, off the top of my head there's Duncan, Plasma, Ian-Highlander, Graeme...?
    Yep, still got my original Signum! Bought it 11 months old in May 2004 with 4,000 and something miles on it, now just ticked past 96,000 almost 8 years later!!!

    I've never had a car for so long, or anywhere near that mileage, but it's running just fine and all it's needed done to it in the past few years is the usual regular servicing, by me, and the usual maintenance bits and bobs like drop links etc. Last thing I needed to do to it was a new alternator last year which was minor really.

    Passed it's sixth MOT last year with no problems so why change?! - especially when it's been 'fettled' with as I have!

    It still does everything it needs to do in terms of using it for my business, family (3 year old and 2 year old) and shifting any big loads. When the day, inevitably, comes that it has to go I honestly don't know what I'd replace it with as nothing I've seen to date ticks all the boxes for me that the Signum does. It may very well be another, newer, Signum that replaces it! lol

  6. #6
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SRi


    Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 137000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suj786 View Post
    ive had mine since 2003,
    its one of the first new vectras. mine was a 2002 demo car
    Blooming hell thats good going.
    Quote Originally Posted by v33tra View Post
    Member number 10 here bought my first Vec C in 2003 so had it nearly 2 years by the time this site was launched i had right up until last year when my wife kindly drove it through a flood and wrecked the engine however if that hadn`t have happened then i would have been typing right now "yes still got mine" but i can`t women drivers grrrr
    Oh dear, sorry about that pal, the Mrs is insured on mine but she doesnt drive it unless im sat next to her.

    Quote Originally Posted by ditchp View Post
    no mention of me in that list...

    brought car nov 2006, joined here jan 2007 still got car and still on here...
    sorry Rich I was thinking of your car as well but forgot to put you down, honest..

  7. #7
    Regular Member Ste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ..... Driving the Jaguar XF
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

    Trim : Black

    Engine : 3.0D V6

    Year : 0000

    Default

    Yep, me too.

    Bought at one year old in April 2005 at 13,000 miles
    Still got it now, and now on 182,000 miles.

  8. #8
    Regular Member rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : SRi


    Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

    Year : 2004

    Mileage : 137000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Yep, still got my original Signum! Bought it 11 months old in May 2004 with 4,000 and something miles on it, now just ticked past 96,000 almost 8 years later!!!

    I've never had a car for so long, or anywhere near that mileage, but it's running just fine and all it's needed done to it in the past few years is the usual regular servicing, by me, and the usual maintenance bits and bobs like drop links etc. Last thing I needed to do to it was a new alternator last year which was minor really.

    Passed it's sixth MOT last year with no problems so why change?! - especially when it's been 'fettled' with as I have!

    It still does everything it needs to do in terms of using it for my business, family (3 year old and 2 year old) and shifting any big loads. When the day, inevitably, comes that it has to go I honestly don't know what I'd replace it with as nothing I've seen to date ticks all the boxes for me that the Signum does. It may very well be another, newer, Signum that replaces it! lol
    Exactly D, mine just passed its MOT last month with no advisory. It gets serviced by me and only really costs me fuel, tax and insurance.

    I must say though Im in an Insignia at the moment (small prang) and its very very good apart from the rear end looks, there's a few backwards steps like the wipers dont self park if you take the keys out mid sweep, and rain sensitive wipers but all in all its better than the Vec in every single way.

  9. #9
    Ex Vec-C Admin Ian-Highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ely, Cambridgeshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

    Year : 2010

    Default

    Yup, you're right rushy, mine too, bought it brand new in September 2004 and it's still going strong, no major problems, flew through every single MOT so far and I have no plans to get rid of it for quite some time yet.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

    Now Gone, bring on the Insignia (now "Teapot" Tuned)...

  10. #10
    Regular Member ditchp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The world famous city ground
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

    Trim : Get a

    Engine : Dirty diesel

    Year : 2006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post

    sorry Rich I was thinking of your car as well but forgot to put you down, honest..
    no worries mate ,

    this is the longest we have owned a car, they normaly get changed after 3 yrs max,
    i would like something a bit newer/smaller for the missus to bit and bob in tbh and poss another work beast for me but dont think i can see us getting rid of the vectra just yet, i'm afraid we both it toooooo much
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Vectra C original stock audio
    By veiluoks in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 31st January 2009, 12:43

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •