Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Wilky88's Vec - So far

Hi All,
    I've been on here about a year and a half, and I've not really posted pics of my car. Thought I'd do a bit of a history on it.

I've had the vec 2 years next month. To be honest, it was a bit of reluctant purchase, I had a Shogun which I absolutely loved, but going back to uni for a career change meant I needed something more economical.

I'm a bit of a Vauxhall fan, of the three cars I've owned, four of them have had a griffin badge on the front.

Here's my first car:

A '95 Corsa B Breeze. It'd been in the family since new and was an absolute cracker of a car. Really regretted selling it, shortly after I did.

Here's what I replaced it with:

A 55 reg Corsa C SXI 1.2 twinport. Was around a year old when I got it, immaculate condition, and quite rare in pommegranite. I never really gelled with the car, and at 6'5"I used to get back ache driving it longer distances.

The Vec!

Here it is the day I bought it, a 2005 Vectra C Club 1.8vvt. I didnt go far for it, came off the next door neighbour, who'd owned it since new. Reasonably low mileage, and looked after. It was a second car, and only went too and from the army barracks. My neighbour was going for his second tour of Afghan, he needed shut of it quickly, as he was getting a BMW when he got his bonus after his tour. Was an absolute bargain.

Paint was a bit dull, and had a few swirls. So I spent the weekend giving it a good clean up, and debadging.

I got hold of a CD70 NAVI then, as I thought it improved the feel of the car inside - dont have any pics of that though

The idea was it was just going to be a daily drive, and run for four years, but I came across a badgeless grille - so fitted that:

Chris, who'd had it before me, had been to france in it and the beam correctors had made a bit of a mess of the headlights, so I changed them for a set of SRI ones.

I really hated the orange top rear lights, so changed them for a set of SRI ones.

I decided I didn't like the orange side repeaters either, so swapped them for clear ones and sourced a set of colour coded skirts. Was a bit of a pain, as the guy sent two driver's side ones, and no passenger side!

Then I changed the door handles for colour coded ones:

Next came the SRI rear bumper, to get rid of the black trim on it.

It stayed like that for about 12 months as I was quite happy with it, and the car had really grown on me. I was on here one night, and a set of nice SRI twinblades came up - I think from Phil Taylor? So I got them fitted.

I thought the front bumper let the car down a bit as it had a few stone chips. I came across a Signum bumper from a neighbour of my cousins. Asked him how much he wanted for it, and got it for £30 - was well impressed! Got it resprayed by a mate who has a bodyshop. Then got it fitted:

I had a bootlip spoiler given by a friend who was breaking a vec that had a severe front end smash. Here it is as it stands now:

To say I wasn't overly keen when I bought it, I love it now - possibly more than the Shogun. I know its sitting quite high, and could do with lowering abit, plus I need to find the back box from an SRI as I have a void in the bumper where the exhaust shut be.

Thanks for reading - any comments welcome. Oh and sorry all the pics were taken on various mobile phones

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looks good mate nice one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looking good boss, a few subtle mods like getting rid of the hideous orange doesn't half make a difference lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looks same as sri now, once its lowered! Ive just sold a sri bacbox for a tenner!! I really like ur red corsa ive never ever seen a sxi in that colour! Did you stop liking the plain grill? I did that too and put my standard one back on! Ha, where in yorkshire are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

great bit of work done there, keep it up it's come a long way...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

looking good , i enjoyed reading/seeing the history.
    yep, she is begging to be lowered a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

looking good , i enjoyed reading/seeing the history.
    yep, she is begging to be lowered a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jow20 View Post
    Looks same as sri now, once its lowered! Ive just sold a sri bacbox for a tenner!! I really like ur red corsa ive never ever seen a sxi in that colour! Did you stop liking the plain grill? I did that too and put my standard one back on! Ha, where in yorkshire are you?
    Shame about the backbox, I did see that I'd missed one in the for sale section. Yeh, it was rare, I've only seen a few others in pommegranite and they were five door designs - not SXI. Yeah I meant to put that I got bored with it. It only lasted a few weeks, I don't think the plain black grille suits a silver car that well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the replies guys - appreciated.

Oh and Jow20, I'm just outside Brighouse

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : .....

Trim : .....

Engine : .....

Year : .....

Mileage : .......