Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Mixed day today

Hey all yet another boring thread bout me should keep you all interested for 5mins or so.

Before anyone asks im not a lonely sad man with no friends to talk to loll (not sayin that any of you are)

Im just not very good at talking bout things and once heard that posting crap online is a good outlet

Im in the army and was due to deploy on a nice lil summer tour to cyprus for 6months. A role which i had volunteered for and was obviously looking forward to.

rewind 6month <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<(this is a rewind motion)<<<<<<<<<

Im in the army and have applied to transfer as no longer happy in the job i do though i love the army through and through and want something a bit more green. So have decided to transfer to the RAVC(army speak ) and become a dog handler

I gave up doin a sport full time for the army which i loved to undertake this transfer as its quite a hard thing to get into. 5month down the line im gettin fed up of being held up on my transfer and spot the oppurtunity to deploy to sunny cyprus on a tour/holiday obvious no brainer put my name forward and get it

Now were back to 1month ago (is this hard to follow?)

Im told that to deploy i will need to put my transfer on hold until after the tour/holiday because of the wonderful way the army works.
    Ok no problem happy enough with that as i want this time away.

Start of FEB and the second tranch of army redundancies is announced and my name is on the list as a possibilty because of my trade and time served (anyone in the forces will understand how this works) civvies i cant really side track too much as have a limited thought process.
    Anyways im told all should be ok as have a good military record and have represented the army at sports and am deploying etc etc

Now at this point i want to just state that the main reasons i wanted this tour was 1) its a gift of an easy job out there for me
    2) Its extra money for being out there which im sure everyone will agree isnt a bad thing
    3) Slightly twisted unless u know me and my missus but the 2of us been together 6year now and never spent a whole year together as ive always been away doin something normally for at least 6month! So were not used to being on top of each other all the time so we were both looking forward to having some 'me' time.

Now were are back today:
    Get told that because of the number of cuts being made in my job there is a high chance ill get the cut.

BOOM

WOUNDED!! doesnt even start for anyone that knows me (and those who dont but have read this far ) I love the army all i ever wanted to do and am 100% brain washed into loving it and i love this

SO this was obviously a blow to me after discussin with my 2ic all the options we decided best not to deploy and finish my transfer.

Now at this point i know alot of people are thinking hey whats the problem?
    Problem is i know the army and i know how long these things can take! I truly hate the job im doing at the minute and it will kill me to do it longer!
    The problem is theres a high chance that ill still be doing it when my lads come back from cyprus meaning in my head i could of theoretically deployed done the bizz come back and hopefully transfer would be waiting.

This is actually helping by typing this maybe i should try 'talking' about things with the misssus lol

anyways knowing the above would kill me a little bit inside. plus next 6month will be spent at home which i dunno if me and the missus can take it loll

anyways thats all for now. I wont apoligise for wasting 5mins of your life as you could of stopped reading by now.

Have a good night people

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mate I feel for you, the redundancy thing is caning a lot of good fella's where as some 'wasters' are slipping through the net. I don't know if the Army is doing the same as the RAF but whoever is getting made comp redundant is like a reverse promotion board process.

However that means that some of the 'brown nose lot' are being saved because they are effectively getting over assessed on there annual reports.

Will the trade transfer take you out of the redundancy bracket? If so you have got nothing to lose by shouting loudest and getting the transfer as quickly as possible.

I know if any of my airmen were in your situation then it would simply take a couple of calls to HQ Manning and I reckon it would be sorted ASAP.

Good luck mate, it's not a good time to be in the forces with Ops and insecurity.

Carterton, but.....I walk a lonely road the only road i have ever known
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ive done alot of shouting believe me mate loll our process is the sameish as RAF

The trade is being called a pinch point trade so would completley take me out of the redundancy however its been over applied for about 2years now thats where the wait comes into it.

I guess im more frustrated more than anything lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Would love to be able to give useful advice, but I'm just way too confused on what/where/who/how.

"Where the WIFE tells me", but mainly in the DOG HOUSE....
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So, if i can get my Ex-Squaddie head around it....
    If you take the "sunshine tour" theirs a possibility you will be looking at redund, but if you pass the tour over and push for your re-trade you wud stay in ,but it may take 6 months or more to come through...You hate your job at the mo, BUT its a job...
    I dont mean to come across as nasty, but whats your 2IC or CO doing for you ? how long have you served (if you dont mind me asking mate) and have you an exemplary record ?
    Good hard working soldiers are like rocking horse ****e..
    Me, id push my 2IC and OC to contact Manning and records to find out why your name was submitted and fight your corner for you. Maybe because the Veterinary Corp is over subscribed becos people know its a "safe" job, have you thought of looking for another job in the Army ?
    I feel for ya mate, i was medically discharge due to an "injury" and i miss every day, even the crap jobs we all do...
    Do you still continue your sports at top level in the Army ? If so get some backing from the bosses their also...

Keep fighting mate...atvb....Micky..

Carterton, but.....I walk a lonely road the only road i have ever known
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No i gave the sport up to start the transfer mate. As was told could the corps would not even consider me as at the time i was a fulltime tracksuit soldier. Im proud of that by the way because i worked ****** hard to get to that level! but As u say Vet corps is seen as a safe job so is over prescribed. i have an exemplerary record however with the way redundancies our it really feels like it means jack **** lol Ive been in just over 6years and should really be on promotion board to cpl bar some issues with courses i didnt do as was doin sports so career failed myself in a sense. 2ic hands are tied as its my rcmo but the unit im in is a rather wierd setup as my sqn is detached from the actual unit by about 30miles and time of work is a bit scarce at the minute to get over and see him (he is a genuinely busy man especially with redundancies etc)

But all in all mate as you said im thankful to have a job. buts its ******* hard to get up in the morning to go to a job i used to love but now despise lol

chin up soldier on loll

Thread Information