Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Default Turbo charged petrols

As I don't really pay much attention to posts about turbo charged petrol engines on here, I was wondering what they are like?

Especially the 2.0 T.
    What is the power and what is the reliability like?
    Any common issues?
    Is it the same as in Saabs?
    Anything peculiar to look for?
    Who makes it, and what is the turbo model number?
    Are they water cooled?

Lots of questions, but TIA.

spoons

Fast quiet and smooth

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Also, do they have Dual or Single mass flywheels?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

duel mass mate i changed mine at 125 k very reliable car

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

Year : 2006

The z20net is in essence derived from thd 2.2 block but with a turbo and a shorter stroke.

The engines themselves are very reliable. Pre 2007 models came equiped with low pressure injectors and a Garrett turbo. Models the switched the an MHi (mitsubishi) TD04L14T high pressure turbo and bigger injectors.

The turbos are both of the internal wastegate design with journal bearings. Not the most effecient but cheap for mass production. The MHI. Turbo is easily upgradable with off the shelf parts where as the Garrett they used is not.

The only problems I have really experienced is from coil packs failing but they were cheap enough to replace are a service item for the V6. Certain boost pipes can give but once repaced with a decent silicone set are fine or the higher boodst levels.

Remapping is easy and they respond very well without any loss in mpg. A few mappers however confuse the engine with that if the astra or zafira which is completely different. This is a saab unit and runs of a Trionic 8 ECU which is made by Saab.

Off th shelf upgrade items other than turbos so far include bigger injectors, fuel pumps, downpipes and sportcats, forged pistons, cams, manifolds, intercoolers. The usual exhausts, high flow airfilters etc.

The main mappers being Maptun and BSR with the higher performance being the Maptun option. Another more powerful engine mod path exists that I am currently talking to.

These engines can handle meth/water injection but will likely be killed by NOS.

Above 300bhp forged pistons are advised as is an uprated clutch when the existing one wears out. A lightened flywheel is available as it a Quaiffe LSD.

You are limited by your wallet. I enjoy mine everyday and putting down the power just makes me smile so much.

Frequent oil changes and listening to your engine become the norm or if you do not jnderatand what you are doing it will cost you for silly things you could sort yourself.

I am constantly tinkering and reading books. I modified the turbo last saturday and gained some performance but now need to complete other accompaning mods it make it all works together.

I hope that helps, there is more to it obviously but I am typing this on my phone in a pub so please forgive my spelling and grammar..
    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The z20net is in essence derived from thd 2.2 block but with a turbo and a shorter stroke.

The engines themselves are very reliable. Pre 2007 models came equiped with low pressure injectors and a Garrett turbo. Models the switched the an MHi (mitsubishi) TD04L14T high pressure turbo and bigger injectors.

The turbos are both of the internal wastegate design with journal bearings. Not the most effecient but cheap for mass production. The MHI. Turbo is easily upgradable with off the shelf parts where as the Garrett they used is not.

The only problems I have really experienced is from coil packs failing but they were cheap enough to replace are a service item for the V6. Certain boost pipes can give but once repaced with a decent silicone set are fine or the higher boodst levels.

Remapping is easy and they respond very well without any loss in mpg. A few mappers however confuse the engine with that if the astra or zafira which is completely different. This is a saab unit and runs of a Trionic 8 ECU which is made by Saab.

Off th shelf upgrade items other than turbos so far include bigger injectors, fuel pumps, downpipes and sportcats, forged pistons, cams, manifolds, intercoolers. The usual exhausts, high flow airfilters etc.

The main mappers being Maptun and BSR with the higher performance being the Maptun option. Another more powerful engine mod path exists that I am currently talking to.

These engines can handle meth/water injection but will likely be killed by NOS.

Above 300bhp forged pistons are advised as is an uprated clutch when the existing one wears out. A lightened flywheel is available as it a Quaiffe LSD.

You are limited by your wallet. I enjoy mine everyday and putting down the power just makes me smile so much.

Frequent oil changes and listening to your engine become the norm or if you do not jnderatand what you are doing it will cost you for silly things you could sort yourself.

I am constantly tinkering and reading books. I modified the turbo last saturday and gained some performance but now need to complete other accompaning mods it make it all works together.

I hope that helps, there is more to it obviously but I am typing this on my phone in a pub so please forgive my spelling and grammar..
    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Firgot to mention the Garrett is oil cooled byt the MHI is bith water and oil cooled. Kits available from the tuners and dealers.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So many drinks in the pub that you typed it twice without noticing

Ste, some good info here on the 2.0T, although it's factual/figures rather than owners' real-world experiences:

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101304

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ahh the lovely double post bug strikes again lol

Regular Member accveccysriturbo's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Lovely engine with smooth power delivery across the rev range. Cheap to run as mine still shows 31.7 over the 14,000 odd miles I have covered

I've just hit 66k miles on mine and it's booked in for it's annual service. No Cambelt to change either which is nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information