Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default could be in for a warranty battle

Hi folks, sorry could be a long read

I not had my new vectra long, 3 days in fact lol but I have a few issues that I say should not be present on a car purchased from a reputable dealer that claims to pride themselves on customer service.

I bought the car since it a good spec sri 1.8 with nav, good mileage for the year nice colour and offered me a good trade in for my old banger so went ahead with the sale.

Anyway, when I viewed the car, there was a problem with the wipers, they park about 1-2 inchs high, everything works intermittent wipe, washers constant etc which I pointed out several times and was assured that the car would get a basic service, a pre-mot with any issues found sorted and any other problems would get sorted out.

Fast forward to picking up the car, sorted out paper work and payment etc get keys and told that any problems get in touch but you should be fine its a good car etc

The wiper issue was still there, and doubt that it was even looked at, given that my girlfriend had just finished work and we had just been to a funeral i did not have any desire to go in a whine then, would still need to take the car home anyway, so drove home.

Rather than phone and get a sucking through theeth no mate not todo with us answer i emailed them regarding the above issue and below

On the drive home 2 problems became obvious, the thermostat is goosed and it was a 40 mile drive home and it only moved once sat in traffics sat at 0 or just above most of the way, so nothing else could be the cause as far as i am aware, this certainly is a problem that i feel certainly should have been fixed.

2nd on the drive home the steering wheel is slightly off-centre and it feels a bit odd at low speed manoeuvring, so the wheel alignment is out, given that the proper way to get this sorted is on a hunter machine, and the nearest one is 40 miles from the garage, and this is something i was planning on getting done anyway given the vectra reputation for eating tires but told them regarding the issue and that if it highlights worn out suspension parts then this is something I expect to be fixed due to the checks, pre-mot stuff they "claimed" to have put the car through should have easily highlighted anything.

overall am happy with the car, apart from these and that they telling porkies about the warranty length, advertised and told it was 3 months but 6 weeks on the sales receipt and a few minor issues, missing sat nav disc, spare wheel and service stamp, couple bits of damage to the trim is nothing to worry about really and doubt that this be covered by any warranty or any legal rights

as i said i emailed them regarding these things, not heard anything back shockingly but prepared to give them a few days, how likely do you guys think that they going to try the nothing todo with us line, am going to the garage on monday anyway to talk to them in person but will make sure that I get anything they say in writing yay or nay as proof of what they have said.

any ideas on anything i can say to support my position or am i just going to get told to sod off?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

can help you out with space saver and nav disc if u get stuck. hope it all goes well for you though. Do you not have a cooling off period?? If you do, say if you dont get faults fixed car will be handed back.

VIP-Member
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Engine : Z18XER

You need to get suspension checked and fixed BEFORE Hunter alignment

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thank you wozza, pm'd you

trouty, thanks i'm going to go to local place that does the hunter alignment, and talk to them and go from there.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

After you give the dealer full a proper time to respond in writing to each of your queries, make a report to trading standards, these guys are wonderful at "clearing the fog" of verbal BS some garages speak.

I hope you get things all resolved to your satisfaction.

Derek

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

After you give the dealer full a proper time to respond in writing to each of your queries, make a report to trading standards, these guys are wonderful at "clearing the fog" of verbal BS some garages speak.

I hope you get things all resolved to your satisfaction.

Derek

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks, I have not heard anything back from the garage yet, have my doubts that I will hear anything over the weekend either, so going to go up on monday talk to them and give them something in writing, and take it from there, reasonable faults like bits of damaged trim I can accept on a car of this age, the rest no, and if i had the spare cash just now, id stick it in at vauxhall and get them to go over it, and take what vauxhall say is wrong with the car to them to pay to be fixed by vauxhall themselves.

again thanks guys, i really like this place its really friendly!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Jebus - don't worry. The law is completely on your side.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) says: within the first six months after purchase there is a presumption the goods were faulty when sold. Under "Reversed Burden of Proof" it is up to the seller to prove otherwise. This comes from Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002, derived from EU Directive 1999/44/EU which became Clauses 48A to 48F inclusive of the Sale of Goods act in April 2003.

Send a letter to the garage (either hand delivered or by recorded delivery) listing the faults. Quote the above paragraph & state that you wish to claim a repair under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended.

If you get no joy within a "reasonable period" (14 days) then get in touch with trading standards.

If they try to fob you off saying that it was your responsibility to inspect the car that's BULLPOO.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

RhayaderSax is bang on!! I think this is one area if the law that is the same all over the uk.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thank you again guys, am glad to know that i got the law on my side, and i am only expecting something reasonable to be done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information