Thread: Snog, Marry, Avoid - Xtrons Double Din Unit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Snog, Marry, Avoid - Xtrons Double Din Unit

Well, I first clapped sight on this unit on ebay about 10months ago and then decided it was time to invest.
    I got the Near £300 together and blundered myself into the unknown and ordered via ebay.

Few days later, there was big smiles in the Neil House hold as the unit had arrived, so like a kid at xmas I was str8 out into the street armed with a screw driver kit. From then on in it was all down hill.....

Firstly, I didnt realise that the new vauxhalls had silly connecters so i took myself off to halfords and bought the end which would fit and an airal plug. I couldnt get the unit to power up no matter what I did it just would not work. So i took it to a local car electrical place who got the unit working.. Once again happy days!!

I then discovered that I had to do somthing with the wireing in my car to make it work and HAY PRESTO it lit up for the first time.

I pluged the GPS reciver in and pushed the unit back only to find it was still hanging over and didnt go right back due to the vectra having a plastic garde. So out came the junior hacksaw and I cut away at the internals of the car in order to make the unit fit.. It now sild right back and looked super duper.

I was keen to see how the GPS worked so started having a bit play on with it, inserted the Tescos memeory card which came with the unit with the maps built into it and BANG, nothing happened, software failed to load.. HUGLEY disapointed :-(

Contacted the seller after about 10 days I managed to get him to send out another copy of the software and it loaded ;-) Buzzen or so I thought...

Few months past and everynow and then the satnav would say "GPS, SIGNAL LOST" ( It done this once to me while i was 300mile from home on the motorway ) It was a bug bare i was prepaired to live with..

Anyhow driving along happy one day and the front of the unit ( the screen ) fell off... No worries, Ill just clip it back on.... Wasnt as simple as that, Turns out one of the plastic clips used to click the screen into the possition had snaped. So i went back throw my ebay to find the seller.... Sadly there ebay account was deleted.

I decided to contact xtrons support, couldnt find a telephone number for love nor money so had no choice but to email them. I got a reply at 3:30am the next day and they didnt have a clue what i was talking about, so we exchanged emails for the next 2 weeks and in the end I told them If i give them the S/N of my unit they would be able to see it was under warrenty and then they could repair or replace it.

They wrote back telling me that they couldnt do this and all they could do was send me some spares and charge me for the spares they send!! What a cheek... So, not holding a great deal of confidence in them sending me the correct parts, i decided not to order of them... Mean while, the OEM stero had gone back into the vec and the amp had blown on it as there was NO SOUND so i was radio-less....

Anyhow managed decided to go and buy some locktight glue and thought i'd try glueing the f***er shut... which WORKED yey!!

Left it to set for 24hours went to reinstall it, was just screwing in the GPS antenna when it snaped... leaving me with NO GPS!!!

So re-ordered another one off ebay and it didnt fit.... GRRRR

The show contuines....

Snog, marry or Avoid? DEFFO ADVOID NEXT TIME!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'll give one a swerve then! Did you sort out the buzzing noise too? I had an Xtrons a few years ago in my Focus and it wasn't great...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Its just simply stopped doing it!!

Ordered a new gps thingby today!! hope it works so i can get the car put back together... driving round with the glove box out, my spelling is terrible ^^^^^^^^66 hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Think im the only person who likes there xtrons unit! had it over a year now and other than the touch screen failing, which xtrons repaired its been fault free, i would buy another one in a shot

Thread Information