User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Do I have the looms for fog lights on a 52 LS?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Do I have the looms for fog lights on a 52 LS?

Hey guys,

I've been wanting to install some fog lights on my 52reg 1.8 LS. I read the how2 but that's for if you have none of the wiring and want to install an after market switch too. I want mine to be totally OEM if possible. I gather that I will need the wiring that goes from the headlight operation switches to the fog lights but I don't know what to look for. Can anyone help? Thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Lada

Trim : Riva

Engine : 6.0 V12

Year : 1954

Mileage : 567890987

The wiring from the switch to the Body Control Module(BCM) and to the under bonnet fuse box(UEC) will be there, but its not that simple.
    I have been trying to do the whole front fog retrofit on my LS for over a year now. You need to change the UEC for one that supports foglights. Apparently there is a module built into UEC for the foglights. Ive tried 2 UEC's now and whilst I did manage to get the dashboard light to illuminate, the GID kept giving me a bulb warning light even though the bulbs were fine. So it may also be that although the front wiring appears to come out of the UEC to the connector at the front bumper it may not actually be connected to the underside of the UEC. I have found a preface Elegance at my local scrapyard so next thing to do is remove that fusebox and the wiring from the UEC to the connector and try again. Im determined to crack this, others have, Kenp & Robsey come to mind. Meanwhile I have a simple retrofit with a small rocker switch on the dashboard, and a relay in the battery box, and it does work fine.
    You also need to have them activated by Op Com or Tech2.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for your response! Very informative, really appreciate the time you took to write all that . So clearly it's one of the more complicated jobs to do. TBH I only want them for the appearence factor. Fog lights are useless driving in fog unless you have your dipped beams off, which is impossible. Such a STUPID thing in most modern cars really. I'm thinking of just buying some for the looks and to hell with making them work lol. I wanted the SRI ones and to swap out the projector lenses for some electron blue coated ones to give them that blue sparkle in certain light. When I upgraded my headlights to smoked ones, I just had to get rid of the orange indicator bulbs. I wanted them chrome when off and orange when on ones. Found some that looked that way to me from Halfords (their own make) and to my surprise, when they are off they give a kind of rainbow tint (like the colours in oil). Looks dead cool. Wanted something similar for fogs but can't achieve that with just the bulb as you wont see the bulb lol.

Thread Information