User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Had a crash today, advice neaded please.

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRi

Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

Year : 2004

Mileage : 137000

Default Had a crash today, advice neaded please.

Well that was a day.... Just got back in from the Noel Gallagher gig at the MEN, hence my very late post.

To cut a long story short a guy changed lanes without looking in his mirrors this morning and took out my wing and bumper. After going through all the phone calls that goes with an accident im now just waiting for the repair centre to contact me for the collection of the car and to arrange my courtesy car.

Well, tonight on my way to Manchester I got a phone call from Admiral, the other guys insurance company and he has admitted full responsibility Wow, I couldn't believe it, less than 12 hours and its pretty much sorted and no real worry on my part. Well, Admiral continued to ask me if they could deal with the collection and repair of my car and take my insurance company (Esure) and the hire car company totally out of the loop as it were. I've never heard of that before, they said it's to keep costs down, they will sort the car and provide me with a hire car and wont have to cough up any excess, plus I wont get a "none fault accident" noted on my policy.

So does anyone know the score here, its new to me. Personally I'd prefer to just leave it in the hands of my insurance but its renewal time in June and I dont want to be locked to Esure as you know how they work, they will add £300 just for the renewal and I wont be able to go anywhere else as the claim will still be going through.

Any help/advice much appreciated. I'm shattered now so I'm hitting the sack ready for work at 6am and another day of speaking to both insurance company's and sucking up all there babble.

Cheers

Steve

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Shouldn't really make a major difference to your renewal if it's a non-fault accident, so i'd be inclined to let your insurance company deal with the repair. It also means the repair work is guaranteed by YOUR insurance company, thus meaning if there's anything gone wrong, you won't have to jump through hoops with the 3rd parties insurance company to get it put right.

IMO, i think the reason they don't want to get your insurance company involved might be to do it as cheap as possible (see guarantee concerns above) and to prevent further claims such as personal injury.

Good luck with it all though, it's not often the 3rd party's insurer coughs up so quick!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i had a van roll down the street and bounce of the back of my astra a few years back.

That all went through there insurance without any problem. They sorted hire car took mine away and fetched it back done. Only problem i found is they did not do like for like. Wasn't in there policy.

I did however notify my own insurance at time of renewal.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You are obliged to report the accident to your insurance company, however they will probably also be happy to let the other Insurance company sort everything out for you.

North West Regional Organiser paulvectrac's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2007

Sorry to here that steve hope everyone is ok and u get it sorted
    Vectra vxr custome remaps egr deletes dpf and diagnostic work all remaps are custome bench tuning avalible all genuine equipment PM for info

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
    Your own insurer all the way Steve. Keeping costs down is code for an approved repairer of their choice with a hire car of their choice and a standard of repair set to their standard.

Based on three non fault claims now I suggest keeping it simple:

1. Go thorough your insurer who are working for you.
    2. Tell them to jog on when they come up with their own approved repairer.
    3. Nominate a VX dealer you can trust to complete the repair so you get 100% Vauxhall parts.
    4. Accept only a hire car that is like for like.

If your insurer use an accident management company then the these things should happen pretty much as standard. It's normally just their approved repairer they are desperate for you agree to that takes some guidance on your behalf.

You will have to pay the excess when you decline the approved repairer but get your insurer to claim that back.

I had an identical letter in the last two crashes I have had from the other insurer. Both went straight in the bin. One of them even offered to sort compensation for injuries.

You will have to declare the accident every time you take out new insurance until it's expired. I am not sure what Admiral are getting at here. My premium went up by £17.00 as a result of the last accident but that was negated when I changed my insurer again at renewal time.

In general to get the car back to the standard it was before the accident (as opposed to an OK attempt designed to fob you off) you have to push people hard whether it's insurers, the accident management company or the dealer. I rejected the first repair from my local dealer for example. That's why adding the extra complication of using an insurer that is working to keep costs down and not for you can become a pain.

That's my experience anyway.
    my thoughts exactly, definitely means you have less comeback if the repair is not to your standards if you keep your insurance company out of the loop.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab

Trim : 9-3 Vert

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2000

Glad everyone was ok mate. As said previously go through your insurer, but also tell them that you wish to claim for future increases to your insurance costs. Ask Esure if they will tell you how much your insurance will go up by with the aciident, and multiply this by 5. The other parties insurance is there to cover all your losses.

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : SRi

Engine : Z22SE (2.2 Petrol)

Year : 2004

Mileage : 137000

Thanks for all the advice chaps. I spoke to my insurer this morning first thing and they weren't bothered which company I went with which was a shock tbh. Admiral then rang to push there end but I told them I wasn't interested and am going to stick with my own company.

Sorting the hire car was a task in itself, I was put on a conference call with the dvla to confirm my details, it was like being put on trial.

This whole situation has moved on since my last accident, what could be simpler, the guy admits liability so it's done and dusted IMO, but no it seams we have to jump through so many hoops to get what we're promised in the first place. Last time I had a claim accident I made one phone call and drew one diagram and that was that, hire car and everything.

Lets see what car they send me, last time I got a 1L kia, they have promised me a like for like but well see.

Again, thanks for the advice, hopefully its all sorted as soon as.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia using Tapatalk

Thread Information