Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default what should a do???

fitted ma cr1 today to give it a blast what a ride that was

then the problems started a phoned direct line to tell them it was on the car just incase anythin happened and they said its there poilcy is that no one under the age of 25 is to mod there car ****ing ar*eholes

so took it back off for a rainy day tryed to put it all back the way it was and the bit a had a hard time gettin off is far to loose now has anyone noticed that ? looks like there a chance it might slip off even the wee clip on it is'nt holding it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You'll have a swap insurance companies when its due. Put the box back on then...

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would be interested to hear from others as to how their insurance premiums were affected after fitting a tuning box.I would have thought that anyone getting their car remapped would be thinking twice about declaring it to their insurance company.

Would they bother to check for a remap in the event of an accident?

Could the owner not plead ignorance ("must have been on there when I bought the car!") if it were found?

Does a remap give the time and date of installation to anyone that needs to know?

How much power will an insurance company say that the tuning box was allowing the engine to put out if the engine is now a crumpled mess where the front seats used to be?
    Last edited by diesel dog; 23rd November 2006 at 01:54.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by marty06_greenock View Post
    fitted ma cr1 today to give it a blast what a ride that was

then the problems started a phoned direct line to tell them it was on the car just incase anythin happened and they said its there poilcy is that no one under the age of 25 is to mod there car ****ing ar*eholes

so took it back off for a rainy day tryed to put it all back the way it was and the bit a had a hard time gettin off is far to loose now has anyone noticed that ? looks like there a chance it might slip off even the wee clip on it is'nt holding it
    What you should do is sell me your wee box of tricks and forget about direct line

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We find that telling them its an economy upgrade (which it can be) has a different effect for some reason...?
    Its the usual "computer says no" syndrome when it comes to insurance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I got told my one insurance company that they add on a percentage per 1bhp power increase. It might even have been 1% per 1bhp. So a typical tuning box adds 25-30bhp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by diesel dog View Post
    I would be interested to hear from others as to how their insurance premiums were affected after fitting a tuning box.I would have thought that anyone getting their car remapped would be thinking twice about declaring it to their insurance company.

Would they bother to check for a remap in the event of an accident?

Could the owner not plead ignorance ("must have been on there when I bought the car!") if it were found?

Does a remap give the time and date of installation to anyone that needs to know?

How much power will an insurance company say that the tuning box was allowing the engine to put out if the engine is now a crumpled mess where the front seats used to be?
    Always tell your insurance you have increased the power else you running round in an uninsured car. If you have a box on its very obvious you have made a mod, re-map not so obvious. But in the extremely unlikely event that someone may be killed in an accident involving you car I would bet they would examine it thoroughly. Its not worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel dog View Post
    If the engine was where the front seats would be you wouldnt be alive anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The remap I'm looking at by Angel Tuning claims to be

"diagnostically undetectable"

I was hoping not to declare it....

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    It might even have been 1% per 1bhp. So a typical tuning box adds 25-30bhp
    Privelege added on an extra £110 (about 30% additional) to my premium for an up to 20% increase in bhp.Many other well known companies wanted much more!

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VectraV6CDTi View Post
    Always tell your insurance you have increased the power else you running round in an uninsured car. If you have a box on its very obvious you have made a mod, re-map not so obvious. But in the extremely unlikely event that someone may be killed in an accident involving you car I would bet they would examine it thoroughly. Its not worth the risk.

If the engine was where the front seats would be you wouldnt be alive anyway.
    There's no way I would drive my car without declaring mods to the insurance company.As a driving instructor I have too much to lose.I was more concerned at the number of cars with boxes that hadn't been declared.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information