User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: what should a do???

  1. #1
    Regular Member m20_swe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    greenock
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default what should a do???

    fitted ma cr1 today to give it a blast what a ride that was

    then the problems started a phoned direct line to tell them it was on the car just incase anythin happened and they said its there poilcy is that no one under the age of 25 is to mod there car ****ing ar*eholes

    so took it back off for a rainy day tryed to put it all back the way it was and the bit a had a hard time gettin off is far to loose now has anyone noticed that ? looks like there a chance it might slip off even the wee clip on it is'nt holding it

  2. #2
    Regular Member VectraV6CDTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wilts
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    You'll have a swap insurance companies when its due. Put the box back on then...

  3. #3
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    EVERYWHERE
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I would be interested to hear from others as to how their insurance premiums were affected after fitting a tuning box.I would have thought that anyone getting their car remapped would be thinking twice about declaring it to their insurance company.

    Would they bother to check for a remap in the event of an accident?

    Could the owner not plead ignorance ("must have been on there when I bought the car!") if it were found?

    Does a remap give the time and date of installation to anyone that needs to know?

    How much power will an insurance company say that the tuning box was allowing the engine to put out if the engine is now a crumpled mess where the front seats used to be?
    Last edited by diesel dog; 23rd November 2006 at 01:54.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Robatel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Lanarkshire Scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marty06_greenock View Post
    fitted ma cr1 today to give it a blast what a ride that was

    then the problems started a phoned direct line to tell them it was on the car just incase anythin happened and they said its there poilcy is that no one under the age of 25 is to mod there car ****ing ar*eholes

    so took it back off for a rainy day tryed to put it all back the way it was and the bit a had a hard time gettin off is far to loose now has anyone noticed that ? looks like there a chance it might slip off even the wee clip on it is'nt holding it
    What you should do is sell me your wee box of tricks and forget about direct line

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    We find that telling them its an economy upgrade (which it can be) has a different effect for some reason...?
    Its the usual "computer says no" syndrome when it comes to insurance

  6. #6
    Regular Member Damian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I got told my one insurance company that they add on a percentage per 1bhp power increase. It might even have been 1% per 1bhp. So a typical tuning box adds 25-30bhp

  7. #7
    Regular Member VectraV6CDTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wilts
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diesel dog View Post
    I would be interested to hear from others as to how their insurance premiums were affected after fitting a tuning box.I would have thought that anyone getting their car remapped would be thinking twice about declaring it to their insurance company.

    Would they bother to check for a remap in the event of an accident?

    Could the owner not plead ignorance ("must have been on there when I bought the car!") if it were found?

    Does a remap give the time and date of installation to anyone that needs to know?

    How much power will an insurance company say that the tuning box was allowing the engine to put out if the engine is now a crumpled mess where the front seats used to be?
    Always tell your insurance you have increased the power else you running round in an uninsured car. If you have a box on its very obvious you have made a mod, re-map not so obvious. But in the extremely unlikely event that someone may be killed in an accident involving you car I would bet they would examine it thoroughly. Its not worth the risk.

    Quote Originally Posted by diesel dog View Post
    How much power will an insurance company say that the tuning box was allowing the engine to put out if the engine is now a crumpled mess where the front seats used to be?
    If the engine was where the front seats would be you wouldnt be alive anyway.

  8. #8
    Regular Member parapaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    The remap I'm looking at by Angel Tuning claims to be

    "diagnostically undetectable"

    I was hoping not to declare it....

  9. #9
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    EVERYWHERE
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    It might even have been 1% per 1bhp. So a typical tuning box adds 25-30bhp
    Privelege added on an extra £110 (about 30% additional) to my premium for an up to 20% increase in bhp.Many other well known companies wanted much more!

  10. #10
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    EVERYWHERE
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VectraV6CDTi View Post
    Always tell your insurance you have increased the power else you running round in an uninsured car. If you have a box on its very obvious you have made a mod, re-map not so obvious. But in the extremely unlikely event that someone may be killed in an accident involving you car I would bet they would examine it thoroughly. Its not worth the risk.


    If the engine was where the front seats would be you wouldnt be alive anyway.
    There's no way I would drive my car without declaring mods to the insurance company.As a driving instructor I have too much to lose.I was more concerned at the number of cars with boxes that hadn't been declared.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •