User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Putin has a point you know...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm not here to preach nor teach. I say what I see and what history tells us about how these things always go. Iraq was an american dream that saddam helped to bring to life with his crazy and regular rants, libya will help free up oil trade and the UN won't go into syria while Russia is on their side as there aren't too many queuing up to invade russia.

The empire proper may be gone but the politics and the premise of policing rogue states means they still get the same outcome IMHO

The saddest thing is British Soldiers dying for nothing. They should at least know why they are fighting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by FLOB View Post
    I'm not here to preach nor teach. I say what I see and what history tells us about how these things always go. Iraq was an american dream that saddam helped to bring to life with his crazy and regular rants, libya will help free up oil trade and the UN won't go into syria while Russia is on their side as there aren't too many queuing up to invade russia.

The empire proper may be gone but the politics and the premise of policing rogue states means they still get the same outcome IMHO

The saddest thing is British Soldiers dying for nothing. They should at least know why they are fighting.
    Sorry was just trying to provoke a debate

Agree about the lost lives, we shouldn't be dealing with any of them to be honest. That way we can DEFEND our country and leave it at that. I don't think Russia is as bad as everyone makes it out to be... the world has changed since the Cold War.

They are actually part of the UN though. Just did some research and now think the UN is an absolute joke to be honest... always wondered why they never 'seemed' to make the right decisions...

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_the_United_Nations"]Member states of the United Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Every man and his dog is a member...

Argentina since 1945... yet they tried to take the Falklands...
    Iran and Iraq (lmao)
    Russia and the US sicne 1945...

What is the point in the UN even existing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Ben50n View Post
    Looks like Argentina might be making a move on the Falklands? Otherwise why are they kicking off about us sending a warship down there?
    No surprise there, we have no aircraft carriers, sea harriers, or much of a naval air service left. Iirc the runway was improved to take a Tristar, which can put a lot of troops down fast, but with no air cover would be very risky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Looks like Argentina might be making a move on the Falklands? Otherwise why are they kicking off about us sending a warship down there?
    Quote Originally Posted by luke4487 View Post
    Yeh their president is off her rocker lol
    She's nuttier than Squirrel Poo!!!! Sabre rattling because we've found oil down there. What was her quote? "They are sending a Destroyer!!! Just look at the name, DESTROYER!" FFS its a one for one swap with another warship. TBH if this kicks off again i am not sure we have the equipment to get us there and fight another war with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Dunno a high ranking officer in the RAF said that a small fleet of around 6 warplanes would take out their entire air force because its so obsolete... lmao! I believe that was brought up when they first kicked off again! I think they are looking for trouble though... When the president talks so much crap to provoke the public there is definately something wrong.

But seeing as we sold some of the oil to the US... I don't think they would be too keen on it going to Argentina and they are a tad closer than us

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We dont have the ships, the planes the man power and I am sure Argentina knows it. Why did we scrap our last aircraft carrier, before we had the new ones??

Sharing in air refuelling with the French, what happens if they disagree with the war we are in, will they stop us from using the planes??

Whole situation caused by the Bankers (spelt with a W) and a succesion of governments who overspend to claim votes.

Rant over....... there will be a Revolution!

Cramlington Northumberland, V6 Jaguar S-type Sport
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar S-Type V6

Trim : Sport

Engine : Petrol

Year : 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy1954 View Post
    No surprise there, we have no aircraft carriers, sea harriers, or much of a naval air service left. Iirc the runway was improved to take a Tristar, which can put a lot of troops down fast, but with no air cover would be very risky.
    Yeah we do, we still have the Invincible class ship illustrious and yes its an Aircraft carrier, despite it being unable of Carrying certain aircrafts they can carry Aircraft on a basis,(Harriers retired in 2011), helicopters for example. its set to be replaced by the queen Elizabeth class in late 2015-2018, Queen Elizabeth class which are Super carriers with a Total weight of 72.000 metric tons Carrying up to 50 aircraft.

I'm sure the yanks will lone us some of the ones they have lol

Oh dear what are we doing.....???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Thumbs down

We dont have the ships, the planes the man power and I am sure Argentina knows it. Why did we scrap our last aircraft carrier, before we had the new ones??
    I seriously believe this is one of this countries biggest mistakes in modern times.

TBH I cant wait to see what the UN says, if they do indeed complain to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Double Post sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ha I just had a browse around about when the Argentinians claimed the islands and it would seem they NEVER did...

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Falkland_Islands"]History of the Falkland Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

We made port on oneside and the French made port on one side (unbeknown to each other), then the Spanish took it over...

We tinkered off upto America as they needed more man power against their war of independence leaving a plaque stating that the isle was still under British rule...

The Spanish decided to **** on our plaque and take it over before tinkeringing off to their own problems in South America and placing their own plaque there instead...
    the only time the Argentinians ever set foot on the islands was when the islanders shot off to America during the civil war.

Only then did an Argentinian (Well Germans, Spanish and British and US mercenaries) try and take control of the islands to which we decided erm no! Negotiated them back and the rest is history...

Technically you could say the Argentinians took them off US and we took them back!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information