0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

Trim : SRI XP2

Engine : Z22YH

Year : 2007

Mileage : 72750

Default National Express

Hi all has anyone on here applied for a job with National Express West Midlands, they have been recruiting drivers for sometime now, Ive just had my interview today it went well they said they will let me know next week. Also does anyone already work for NX ? What they like to work for etc ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good luck mate hope you get it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have contact with Stagecoach Group
    It depends on how long you have held your PCV licence and if you have previous experience

If you have only held your PCV licence a short while and/or little or no experience
    You will probably start on local routes and one stage small single deck vehicle type, with few bridge / width restrictions

If you have held your PCV licence for at least 10 years and/or similar experience
    You will probably start on local routes and be trained on all stage vehicle types, including all bridge / width restrictions

You should already have details of salary, holiday, pensions, work patterns, etc from your interview
    Like all bus transport companies they will push the boundaries of what is acceptable, but most drivers are members of a union

The starting salary is usually standard rate less 20% for the first 3 months
    It is also possible to start without a PCV licence, on passing you are awarded a position and bond which pays for the training which is usually 18 months
    Last edited by m8internet; 8th February 2012 at 21:59.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    I have contact with Stagecoach Group
    It depends on how long you have held your PCV licence and if you have previous experience

If you have only held your PCV licence a short while and/or little or no experience
    You will probably start on local routes and one stage small single deck vehicle type, with few bridge / width restrictions

If you have held your PCV licence for at least 10 years and/or similar experience
    You will probably start on local routes and be trained on all stage vehicle types, including all bridge / width restrictions

You should already have details of salary, holiday, pensions, work patterns, etc from your interview
    Like all bus transport companies they will push the boundaries of what is acceptable, but most drivers are members of a union

The starting salary is usually standard rate less 20% for the first 3 months
    It is also possible to start without a PCV licence, on passing you are awarded a position and bond which pays for the training which is usually 18 months
    Cheers for that info mate, yeh i should have mentioned I'm going for a trainee bus driver role, looking forward to it to be honest that's providing i get the job

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : VXR

Engine : 2.8i V6 Turbo Z28NET

Mileage : 42200

I work on the National Express rota for my local bus company, Wilts & Dorset. We run 3 N.X liveried coaches out of the depot in Salisbury, two 07 plates and one 61 plate.

I much prefer my N.X work rather than local bus routes. I gained my PCV licence in Nov 2007 (company paid), full CPC in Nov 2009 (company paid) and have been doing the N.X work since Jan 2010. I run the 033 service from Yeovil to London (vice versa) and the 033 service from Salisbury to London VCS (vice versa).

I also find London easier to drive around than Salisbury as there are so many routes to choose. As Salisbury is mainly a one-way system if a car parks on double yellows or theres been an accident, it can block the whole city up!! Whereas in London if you find a blocked street you can easily go and find another route in.

All the best in your application and if you get it, look out for me on the 033 if you are to operate London services :-)
    What N.X services do Stagecoach West Midlands run???

The rates of pay differ as about 70% of N.X vehicles are in fact owned by bus companies and the work therefore is sub-contracted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Casper85 View Post
    I work on the National Express rota for my local bus company, Wilts & Dorset. We run 3 N.X liveried coaches out of the depot in Salisbury, two 07 plates and one 61 plate.

I much prefer my N.X work rather than local bus routes. I gained my PCV licence in Nov 2007 (company paid), full CPC in Nov 2009 (company paid) and have been doing the N.X work since Jan 2010. I run the 033 service from Yeovil to London (vice versa) and the 033 service from Salisbury to London VCS (vice versa).

I also find London easier to drive around than Salisbury as there are so many routes to choose. As Salisbury is mainly a one-way system if a car parks on double yellows or theres been an accident, it can block the whole city up!! Whereas in London if you find a blocked street you can easily go and find another route in.

All the best in your application and if you get it, look out for me on the 033 if you are to operate London services :-)

The rates of pay differ as about 70% of N.X vehicles are in fact owned by bus companies and the work therefore is sub-contracted.
    Cheers mate, I will only be working local routes in & around Birmingham.

As for What N.X services do Stagecoach West Midlands run???

I dont know mate to be honest, proberbly find all about routes & services, when I get the job

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

Trim : SRi

Engine : A20DTH

Year : 2009

Mileage : 88000

To be a National Express driver don't you have to do the "try and exceed the speed limit in the 50mph roadworks on the M1 between J10-J13 while siting up someones ar*e" test?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by merikiito View Post
    To be a National Express driver don't you have to do the "try and exceed the speed limit in the 50mph roadworks on the M1 between J10-J13 while siting up someones ar*e" test?
    Haven't done that test yet, can't wait sounds fun lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Casper85 View Post
    The OP is refering to NX West Midlands and local (stage) services

Stagecoach don't have a West Midlands brand, I was only refering to general information
    However as you probably know Stagecoach supply many coaches to National Express (Coach) by contract, as that is how the majority of their services are operated (franchise in effect)

You're probably working for one of the best operators, Go Ahead Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Nissan GT-R R35 Vectra XP2 CDTI

Trim : Nissan GT-R R35

Engine : 3.8 twin turbo 700hp

Year : 2010

Default Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by merikiito View Post
    To be a National Express driver don't you have to do the "try and exceed the speed limit in the 50mph roadworks on the M1 between J10-J13 while siting up someones ar*e" test

well if you car drivers actually did 50 mph and used all 3 Lanes like your supposed to I wouldn't be up your backside now would I

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information