Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Failed MOT this morning

Went for the 2nd MOT since I bought it and it failed on 2 corroded brake pipes the centre section ones for the rears was also advisoried on the nsf bottom arm ball joint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I dont think I have ever had a car that hasnt failed on corroded brake lines.

Could be worse. You could have my current project cars MOT failure

Okey dokey then.
    Advisory items.
    • Nearside rear seat belt damaged but webbing not significantly weakened [5.2.2a]
      Nearside Front (inner wing at) Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive [2.4.A.3]
      Offside Front (inner wing at) Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive [2.4.A.3]
      Battery insecure and negative terminal insecure Couldnt work out the crazy battery strap i got
      Offside rear seat belt locking mechanism functions correctly but plastic cover missing
      Offside front indicator lense missingIts sitting on the passenger seat in need of glue
      Fuel filter not fully secure may as well get a new filter really
      Offside inner sill corroded at seat belt and suspension prescribed areas but not considered excessive
      Nearside inner sill corroded at seat belt and suspension prescribed areas but not considered excessive what part is this?!? will investigate further
      Nearside inner sill corroded and holed but not within prescribed area
      Offside front tyre tread wearing low
      Front tyres almost rub on body when turned lock to lock because its so damn low :-D and the gti bumper fits differently to the coupe
      Offside front abs sensor retaining bolt broken but sensor secure i dont think it is that secure as this is causing my abs fault...i think
      Front cross member corroded bit 'o paint will sort that shiz out
      Both front backplates damaged really? you gave me an advisory cos they're slightly bent?!? lame
      Power steering pump stained with ps fluid where I spilt it all over it
      Offside rear tyre tread wearing low
      Offside rear upper link from body to trailing arm inner bush looks deteriorated i think he may be right on that one as its all discoloured lol
      Offside front brake has slight fluctuation what is slight fluctuation
      Nearside front lower suspension arm ball joint not fully pressed in arm, but swivel appears to be secure

Actual Failures
    • Brakes failure: RBT park brake efficiency :15% even though I can jack the car up, whack the handbrake on and tighten the wheels to 280 ft/ib without them moving
      Exhaust emissions the engine was cold by this time and with all the other failures they decided not to bother warming her up
      Offside rear brake cable insecure [3.5.1d] needs that handbrake clip thingy that pinged off and went missing
      Horn not working [1.6.2a] They obviously didnt listen to me when i said where the button was
      Anti-lock braking system warning lamp does not illuminate [3.4.1b] probs cos there is no bulb in there
      Nears headlamp aim too low and too far to the right [1.8]
      Offside headlamp aim too low [1.8]
      Offside rear tyre not fitted in accordance with side wall instructions [4.1.d.1f] well now i feel a bit silly for this one
      Nearside front tyre not fitted in accordance with side wall instruction [4.1.d.1f]
      Nearside (steering rack mounting at bulkhead) Steering component prescribed area is fractured [2.2.C.1h] **DANGEROUS**I think my old GTi had this very same issueanyway this was the big failure hence the massive DANGEROUS because in essence the steering rack has fallen off
      Nearside front macpherson strut has excessive movement at the upper attachment [2.5.A.1c]So is this the top mount? cos thats been changed for a newer item as the old ones were ****ed or could it be the lowering springs?
      Nearside steering rack gaiter split [2.2.d.2d]
      Nearside anti-roll bar linkage fractured [2.4.g.1] I did try to tell em about this one before the test even started but they didnt have time to cut it off for me...jerks
      Offside rear lower (inner bolt insecure.) Suspension arm attachment bracket/mounting insecure [2.4.g.1] Someone please show me where this is
      Parking brake efficiency below requirements [3.7.a.10] caliper refurb time me thinks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My 2008 vectra just passed its 2nd MOT with no advisory this week. Hope its as reliable as my old 2002 Focus that went through its last 5 MOT's no problem. Really reiable car, only had to service it and replace tyres, discs + pads. still had the original exhaust on at 10 year old.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ouch nice, what motor is that on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk