User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Someone backed into my jeep , how would you handle it ?

  1. #1
    Regular Member poves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    lancashire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Someone backed into my jeep , how would you handle it ?

    Last week whilst at my mates garage , one of the young lads from the place opposite has backed a brand new pickup into my jeep.
    The customer who the pickup belonged to was going mental, and demanding to go through their ins etc.
    So not wanting to get the lad into any further bother , I agreed to let him cover the cost of a replacement wheel cover , which was cracked and shattered.
    I found a replacement for £50 , but the lad is not playing ball now.
    I'm ringing his boss later to give him the bad news as he's unaware still.
    The thing is since it happened , the spare wheel carrier has been rattling going over bumps.
    A new one is over £200 , I'm obviously p###ed off at this as I'm trying to sell the car , to be fair it's a 16 yr old car , but it's worth 3k.
    The wheel cover and carrier were well used , but not like they are now.
    Would you -
    Call him and give him the bad news , and tell him I want it done on his ins

    Or ask for the full cost for new without involving ins .

    Or tell him the facts and leave the ball in his court.

    It's awkward because the jeep is an import and parts are not readily available.
    Any advice appreciated .

  2. #2
    Regular Member damers2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pontefract
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sounds familiar...... one thing to keep in mind is that whatever happens, your premium will most likely be increased due to an "incident" as i recently found out. As the other guy is going through his insurance he will no doubt have taken your details (registration etc) so your insurers will most likely be aware now.

    Similar thing happened to me, I was in work and my car was parked up outside when someone drove into it. because of this I am now paying an extra 200 notes as it was an incident, even though no one made a claim as the damage wasn't much at all.... Also have 14 years NCB which seems to mean ****** all these days.

    Keeping all this in mind, do what suits you best rather than anyone else. I wish i certainly had as now I'm paying more money for insurance, I'd of got a new bumper fitted if I'd of known then what i know now.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poves View Post
    Last week whilst at my mates garage , one of the young lads from the place opposite has backed a brand new pickup into my jeep.
    The customer who the pickup belonged to was going mental, and demanding to go through their ins etc.
    So not wanting to get the lad into any further bother , I agreed to let him cover the cost of a replacement wheel cover , which was cracked and shattered.
    I found a replacement for £50 , but the lad is not playing ball now.
    I'm ringing his boss later to give him the bad news as he's unaware still.
    The thing is since it happened , the spare wheel carrier has been rattling going over bumps.
    A new one is over £200 , I'm obviously p###ed off at this as I'm trying to sell the car , to be fair it's a 16 yr old car , but it's worth 3k.
    The wheel cover and carrier were well used , but not like they are now.
    Would you -
    Call him and give him the bad news , and tell him I want it done on his ins

    Or ask for the full cost for new without involving ins .

    Or tell him the facts and leave the ball in his court.

    It's awkward because the jeep is an import and parts are not readily available.
    Any advice appreciated .
    your far too trusting , you should have got the cash off him from the off , personally i'd give him a slap

  4. #4
    Regular Member poves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    lancashire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's only a kid tbh - And maybe I am too trusting , but I look at things from both sides .
    In retrospect I should of gone ape like the other guy did , and just got everything I could.
    But now I'm stuck - If I go through his insurance , as said above I don't want it affecting my premiums , obviously it's not going to be good for the other guys company insuranace , as he already claimed once.
    But am I out of order asking for the money to replace the cover and wheel carrier like for like , even though they are in well used condition ?
    The cost to replace both would be £250 supplied only , without fitting .

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poves View Post
    He's only a kid tbh - And maybe I am too trusting , but I look at things from both sides .
    In retrospect I should of gone ape like the other guy did , and just got everything I could.
    But now I'm stuck - If I go through his insurance , as said above I don't want it affecting my premiums , obviously it's not going to be good for the other guys company insuranace , as he already claimed once.
    But am I out of order asking for the money to replace the cover and wheel carrier like for like , even though they are in well used condition ?
    The cost to replace both would be £250 supplied only , without fitting .
    even more reason to get physical , they always take the mickey when that age , go see his boss ! he should be aware of what happened and this lil twonk is his employee

  6. #6
    Full Member Caveman_nige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Coast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709



  7. #7
    Regular Member poves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    lancashire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm going to give him the bad news about 2pm , he's had exactly a week then and not made any attempt to resolve the situation.

  8. #8
    Regular Member poves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    lancashire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bembo449 View Post
    even more reason to get physical , they always take the mickey when that age , go see his boss ! he should be aware of what happened and this lil twonk is his employee
    I don't think it would do me any good slapping him , as far as getting my car sorted anyway .
    I don't really fight unless I have to ( got a very very short fuse , and scared myself when I was younger ) So it's always a last resort now.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poves View Post
    I don't think it would do me any good slapping him , as far as getting my car sorted anyway .
    I don't really fight unless I have to ( got a very very short fuse , and scared myself when I was younger ) So it's always a last resort now.
    upto you how you deal with it , i'd go see his boss , maybe he will settle up wuith you and take it the lil ****** wages

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Willys Jeep
    By fingers66 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th April 2011, 06:56
  2. LED sidelights piggy backed off originals
    By lee gsi in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 5th September 2010, 11:52
  3. Jeep destruction
    By S888 SRB in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th September 2006, 11:36
  4. Backed off
    By ion in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27th September 2005, 08:04

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •