User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is ebay really worth the hassle anymore?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

Default Is ebay really worth the hassle anymore?

I sold a brand new slendertone belt 2 weeks ago. I open up my emails and get a case open from the buyer stating that the item is fake, he has tried contacting me, wants a full refund blah blah

I go through my messages and he contacts me at 17.30 today and then opens a dispute at 17.49!! The message was "I have been told your item is fake"

I clearly listed on my listing that no refunds would be accepted as I have had trouble in the past with ebay stating a refund would be given as I had that on the auction. Also the item was brand new and is now second hand and his feed back was "Thanks as described" yet he says in his dispute "Not as described"

Where do I stand in this? Is paypal just going to give the refund and I'm £80 out of pocket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Take it up with ebay matey, that's all you can do. Make sure you point out that he/she has left feedback advising as described, and take it from there

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if a dispuite has been opened then no he will have to send it back to you once you receive it back they will release your money to the buyer but becarful theirs a lot of people out their who is out to rip you off you might find they send something different back and as long as they send it signed for then you will be out of pocket.

happened to the bro in law with a amp they sent abroken smashed up old house amp back but as it was same weight and he signed for parcel paypal gave buyer money back and told him its now a matter for the police

same thing happens if you have to send a item back if you dont send it recorded the buyer can say he never received it as theirs no proof of the item being returned????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Nissan GT-R R35 Vectra XP2 CDTI

Trim : Nissan GT-R R35

Engine : 3.8 twin turbo 700hp

Year : 2010

EBay has become a bit of a joke to be honest but u have to be careful who u buy from and I've given up trying to sell stuff on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvectra View Post
    EBay has become a bit of a joke to be honest but u have to be careful who u buy from and I've given up trying to sell stuff on it

have to agree they have gone toooooo gready
    theirs to many people scamming you i will not sell abroad now been biten too many times
    i have to put all the blocks on just to stop people bidding for fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I never sell on ebay anymore as the fees are a joke and it always goes in the buyers favour when they open a dispute! I occasionally buy but I've started finding the only time stuff is any cheaper than other online stores, it's coming from china and you have to wait an age for delivery! The latest scam I've come across is items being listed as being in London (so it shows up in the UK only auctions) then when you pay for the item you get an email saying it'll be with you in 3 weeks as it's coming from China! When you read through the listing there's some tiny text at the bottom saying "If your item is out of stock in our London Warehouse, we will ship direct to you from China"...

Hampshire (Near Havant) . .Drives: Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

Year : 2005

So is it fake?

If not get him to send it back by recorded post at his cost and you will refund the money.

Most of them dont/wont.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

hmmmmmmm ive been quite happy with ebay ...
    just won a full set of vxr estate springs for 0.99p

a brand new parrot 9300 for £60 .
    an irmscher front spoiler £42

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by lee gsi View Post
    So is it fake?

If not get him to send it back by recorded post at his cost and you will refund the money.

Most of them dont/wont.
    I bought 3 before xmas and one was the wrong one. They came from Hong Kong the guy had 383 positive feedback and I got them cheaper then normal as they ended early hours in the morning. We kept two and sold the spare one. I did all the checks to make sure they were ok and swapped all the remotes around to make sure they worked. Everything seemed ok and the EAN number when entered in ebay did not show up as fake.

Prob is he got a brandnew product and returning it as second hand used product which is no good to me. What if he bought it tried it did not see the results he wanted and thought sod it I'll get my money back? Hence why no returns was stated on the advert.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Once he opens a dispute in PayPal you then have the opportunity to communicate with them. He can then, and probably will by the sounds of it, after 10 days I think, escalate it to a claim. At that point you can provide PayPal with all the evidence you can/have to say that it's not fake and he's trying it on basically. Do all you can to prove your case and PayPal will rule in your favour, but the balance is certainly in the buyer's favour from the start!

Don't, if you can, agree to him sending it back to you as if he sends you back a fake/knackered one that he already had then it will be just like 6009tristanb's scenario above and the seller has used you to get a new item and flog their piece of onto, and costing you £80 in the process!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information