User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: F23 OR F40 gearbox ?

  1. #1
    Regular Member davidlewis24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bridgend / wales
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default F23 OR F40 gearbox ?

    hi everyone im looking to see if someone could tell me what my auto gearbox is as i went in vauxhall today to buy gearbox oil and he said there is 2 types of boxes my car is as follows

    vectra 2.2 direct auto sri 2006

    also how much oil do i need someone told me 7lts is this correct

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    VIP-Member sulten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Øvre Årdal, Norway
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    5 speed is AF23
    6 speed is AF40

    Think 7l is about correct but you will only be able to drain half of that, to change all you have to flush the gearbox. Use the search button.
    Kristian
    68 Diplomat-A 46S
    95 Vectra-A C20NE
    07 Vectra-C Z19DTH

  3. #3
    Regular Member davidlewis24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bridgend / wales
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sulten View Post
    5 speed is AF23
    6 speed is AF40

    Think 7l is about correct but you will only be able to drain half of that, to change all you have to flush the gearbox. Use the search button.
    brilliant thank you mate

  4. #4
    North Wales - Assistant Regional Organiser
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wirral
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The entire contents of the box will be about 7 or 8 litres but you will only get a couple of litres at best out from the sump drain. I'd buy as much fluid as you need then take it to a proper garage or gearbox specialist to flush out the whole system and replace the fluid with new.

  5. #5
    VIP-Member Damo77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Petersfield, Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From what I can make out from your reg (in your avatar)......... You have an AF23 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

    And the rest

    2HU = EXTERIOR PAINT,SEE MODEL CATALOGUE FOREWORD PAINT CHART 2J8
    32X = TRIM COLOUR SEAT COLOUR CHARCOAL
    32Y = TRIM COLOUR DOOR PANEL CHARCOAL
    80I = INTERIOR-BLACK
    AE4 = FOR SPORT SEATS
    AF8 = LOCK CONTROL SIDE DOOR,ANTI THEFT PROTECTION
    AH4 = FRONT SEAT,DRIVER,6 WAY MANUAL
    AHB = WITH ADJUSTABLE LUMBAR SUPPORT
    AXR = WITH VIN PLATE AREA
    AY0 = AIR BAG,ROOF,FRONT
    BD8 = MOULDING,ASSY.,ROOF,BODY COLOURED
    BRE = IDENTIFICATION BREAKING POINT 2006 1/2 M.Y
    BW4 = WITH CHROME MOULDING
    BXR = MOULDING INTERIOR CHARCOAL METALLIC, INSERT ALUMINIUM
    C60 = AIR CONDITIONING
    CU9 = FOR UNITED KINGDOM
    CUV = EQUIPMENT ADDTIONAL UNITED KINGDOM
    CV7 = ENGLAND
    D09 = ARMREST,FRONT,CENTRE
    D18 = INSTRUMENT CLUSTER,BLACK,CHROME RINGS
    D75 = HANDLE,ASSY.,OUTSIDE
    DDG = MIRROR,ELECTRIC,RH-LH DT2
    EA1 = POCKET,FRONT SEAT BACK,LH
    EA2 = POCKET,FRONT SEAT BACK,RH
    FH9 = AXLE RATIO 2.60
    H31 = HEADLAMPS COLOUR CLEAR,INSIDE BLACK
    JBF = PARK BREAK LEVER,MATT CHROME
    JL9 = ABS
    K34 = CRUISE CONTROL
    K60 = ALTERNATOR,100AMP
    KD4 = USED WITH FRONT CONSOLE ELECTRICAL RECEPTICLE
    KH2 = CAP,GEARSHIFT LEVER KNOB,MATT CHROME
    KKS = COVER,GUIDE,GEARSHIFT SELECTOR,TUNNEL CONSOLE
    LCH = Z22YH[LCH] PETROL ENGINE
    M43 = AF23 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    MM1 = USED WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    N35 = STEERING WHEEL,SPORT,LEATHER
    N65 = TYRE,SPARE,SPACE SAVER
    NC0 = EQUIPMENT,EUROPEAN UNION
    NT4 = EMISSION,EEC 05 OBU
    OHA = LOCAL GM OF EUROPE OHA
    PAY = TRIM,DUKE/ELBA
    PAZ = TRIM PANEL,INNER,TUNIS
    PFR = WHEEL 17X7, ALUMINIUM, 5 TWIN SPOKES
    QFY = TYRES,215/50 R 17-91H
    RHD = RIGHT HAND DRIVE
    SVA = HOLDER,CUP,FRONT
    SVB = HOLDER CUP, REAR
    T94 = HEADLAMPS,LH TRAFFIC
    T96 = FRONT FOGLAMP
    TFZ = TAIL LAMPS COLOUR RED DARK
    TN7 = BATTERY,66AH
    TRP = FRAME,RADIO
    U08 = USED WITH MULTI-TONE HORN U3F U53
    U68 = INFORMATION COMPUTER
    U71 = AERIAL,ASSY.,ROOF
    UA6 = ANTI-THEFT WARNING SYSTEM
    UAC = BOARD INFO LCD - MULTI-FUNCTION
    UC4 = SPEEDOMETER INST,KILO & MILES,MILES ODOMETER,POSITIVE BIAS UJ3
    URA = RADIO CONTROL SWITCH
    UW6 = SPEAKER,6
    VG2 = PROTECTION WAX,DELETE
    VHU = BUMPER FRONT,SPORT
    VXL = FOR VAUXHALL
    W1Y = FOR STEERING WHEEL RADIO OPERATION
    W2Z = EMBLEM,OPEL,REAR,DELETE W4Y
    W7P = NAMEPLATE,SPORT
    W9X = LETTERING,SRI
    WBE = EQUIPMENT RECEIVING UNIT,RADIO
    XJ2 = LOWERED SPORTS CHASSIS
    XN8 = FOR GREAT BRITAIN
    XQ2 = FOR VAUXHALL
    Y67 = REQUIRED WHEN SERVICE REMINDER DISPLAY FITTED
    Z1G = SPEEDOMETER - MILES

    HTH
    Damo
    Already replaced:-
    Alternator,
    Drilled/Grooved Discs & Pads, Eibach Springs, EGR Valve, 50W HID's 6000k, K&N Panel Filter, LED footwell & boot lights

  6. #6
    Full Member DSmiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bridgwater, Somerset
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol Damo can I give you my reg as well

  7. #7
    Regular Member davidlewis24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bridgend / wales
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damo77 View Post
    From what I can make out from your reg (in your avatar)......... You have an AF23 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

    And the rest

    2HU = EXTERIOR PAINT,SEE MODEL CATALOGUE FOREWORD PAINT CHART 2J8
    32X = TRIM COLOUR SEAT COLOUR CHARCOAL
    32Y = TRIM COLOUR DOOR PANEL CHARCOAL
    80I = INTERIOR-BLACK
    AE4 = FOR SPORT SEATS
    AF8 = LOCK CONTROL SIDE DOOR,ANTI THEFT PROTECTION
    AH4 = FRONT SEAT,DRIVER,6 WAY MANUAL
    AHB = WITH ADJUSTABLE LUMBAR SUPPORT
    AXR = WITH VIN PLATE AREA
    AY0 = AIR BAG,ROOF,FRONT
    BD8 = MOULDING,ASSY.,ROOF,BODY COLOURED
    BRE = IDENTIFICATION BREAKING POINT 2006 1/2 M.Y
    BW4 = WITH CHROME MOULDING
    BXR = MOULDING INTERIOR CHARCOAL METALLIC, INSERT ALUMINIUM
    C60 = AIR CONDITIONING
    CU9 = FOR UNITED KINGDOM
    CUV = EQUIPMENT ADDTIONAL UNITED KINGDOM
    CV7 = ENGLAND
    D09 = ARMREST,FRONT,CENTRE
    D18 = INSTRUMENT CLUSTER,BLACK,CHROME RINGS
    D75 = HANDLE,ASSY.,OUTSIDE
    DDG = MIRROR,ELECTRIC,RH-LH DT2
    EA1 = POCKET,FRONT SEAT BACK,LH
    EA2 = POCKET,FRONT SEAT BACK,RH
    FH9 = AXLE RATIO 2.60
    H31 = HEADLAMPS COLOUR CLEAR,INSIDE BLACK
    JBF = PARK BREAK LEVER,MATT CHROME
    JL9 = ABS
    K34 = CRUISE CONTROL
    K60 = ALTERNATOR,100AMP
    KD4 = USED WITH FRONT CONSOLE ELECTRICAL RECEPTICLE
    KH2 = CAP,GEARSHIFT LEVER KNOB,MATT CHROME
    KKS = COVER,GUIDE,GEARSHIFT SELECTOR,TUNNEL CONSOLE
    LCH = Z22YH[LCH] PETROL ENGINE
    M43 = AF23 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    MM1 = USED WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    N35 = STEERING WHEEL,SPORT,LEATHER
    N65 = TYRE,SPARE,SPACE SAVER
    NC0 = EQUIPMENT,EUROPEAN UNION
    NT4 = EMISSION,EEC 05 OBU
    OHA = LOCAL GM OF EUROPE OHA
    PAY = TRIM,DUKE/ELBA
    PAZ = TRIM PANEL,INNER,TUNIS
    PFR = WHEEL 17X7, ALUMINIUM, 5 TWIN SPOKES
    QFY = TYRES,215/50 R 17-91H
    RHD = RIGHT HAND DRIVE
    SVA = HOLDER,CUP,FRONT
    SVB = HOLDER CUP, REAR
    T94 = HEADLAMPS,LH TRAFFIC
    T96 = FRONT FOGLAMP
    TFZ = TAIL LAMPS COLOUR RED DARK
    TN7 = BATTERY,66AH
    TRP = FRAME,RADIO
    U08 = USED WITH MULTI-TONE HORN U3F U53
    U68 = INFORMATION COMPUTER
    U71 = AERIAL,ASSY.,ROOF
    UA6 = ANTI-THEFT WARNING SYSTEM
    UAC = BOARD INFO LCD - MULTI-FUNCTION
    UC4 = SPEEDOMETER INST,KILO & MILES,MILES ODOMETER,POSITIVE BIAS UJ3
    URA = RADIO CONTROL SWITCH
    UW6 = SPEAKER,6
    VG2 = PROTECTION WAX,DELETE
    VHU = BUMPER FRONT,SPORT
    VXL = FOR VAUXHALL
    W1Y = FOR STEERING WHEEL RADIO OPERATION
    W2Z = EMBLEM,OPEL,REAR,DELETE W4Y
    W7P = NAMEPLATE,SPORT
    W9X = LETTERING,SRI
    WBE = EQUIPMENT RECEIVING UNIT,RADIO
    XJ2 = LOWERED SPORTS CHASSIS
    XN8 = FOR GREAT BRITAIN
    XQ2 = FOR VAUXHALL
    Y67 = REQUIRED WHEN SERVICE REMINDER DISPLAY FITTED
    Z1G = SPEEDOMETER - MILES

    HTH
    Damo

    Thats wicked thanks mate

  8. #8
    Regular Member davidlewis24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    bridgend / wales
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cont1204 View Post
    The entire contents of the box will be about 7 or 8 litres but you will only get a couple of litres at best out from the sump drain. I'd buy as much fluid as you need then take it to a proper garage or gearbox specialist to flush out the whole system and replace the fluid with new.
    thank you

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gearbox and Gearbox Oil question
    By trickydickySRI in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th September 2011, 17:01
  2. M32 gearbox can`t get gear selector back in gearbox HELP!
    By v33tra in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18th August 2011, 18:12

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •