Thread: Admiral - taking the ......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Admiral - taking the ......

Just got my renewal through for my car, came in at £690 which seemed very high as I have been getting quotes online for £440 to £500.

So I called them to see why it was high.

Last year while I was in work, a chap came into the office to tell me a woman had reversed into my car and drove off. Went out and had a look and there was only a pressure dent and a slight scuff but called my insurers anyway to see what I should do.

The did a check on her and said it appeared she wasn't insured and as a result I would lose any excess paid and my premiums would increase. Because of this and the minor damage I just left it to the Police and made no claim.

Low and behold, Admiral have now said although I haven't claimed i did have an incident to which I now have to pay higher premiums for

I was completely baffled by this because I didn't make a claim, I just don't understand how they can get away with this sort of thing.

Needless to say Ive cancelled the insurance as I refuse to stay with them even if they end up being cheaper than other companies.

My only worry now is that as they have me down as making a claim, how would this affect any furture car insurance etc with another company??

Think i should see a solicitor or something as Admiral can not say i have made any claims, for a start they will have no proof as nothing has been paid out, settlements etc

I have contacted the Financial Ombudsman and am waiting for a response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : sri

Engine : 2.2

Year : 2005

Mileage : 64000

get a quote off another company and explain what happened to see there response

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had the same with admiral last december wanting to charge us almost double for our multicar renewal. I asked the same question and i was told it's because of a high number of claims in my area!!

We've insured our cars now on seperate policies which has worked out about £300 cheaper than the renewal. I told admiral where to stick it and they weren't even prepared to match our new costs.

I'd ditch them if i were you.

In terms of the incident, unfortunately they are a b@stard for doing that! I had a slight altercation with an elderly driver 2 years ago in my old vec, and contacted my insurance company at the time to get it repaired, but after finding out the next day that the scuff polished out and all that was needed was a side repeater, i cancelled the claim. As a result i have to declare the frigging thing every time i get a quote even though it was a non-fault accident (the elderly chap actually lost his license, police were involved and gave me a reference number to give the insurance company). It's daylight robbery the way the insurance companies get away with this!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra

Trim : GTC VXR

Engine : 2.0 Turbo Petrol

Year : 2015

Mileage : 3,200

I had this last year its because you can claim up to 3 years for the incident mentioned i went mad and moved to another insurance company. Luckly i went back to the other car involved in mine (it was at his work) and i kindly wrote me a letter saying he wont be making a claim so my insurers wiped it off. But my renewal was still alot higher than other insurers hence i went else ware. Only thing i can suggest is if you offer to write them a letter saying youre not going to claim for any damages for your car they may remove the incident off your policy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just make sure you tell the new insurers EXACTLY what has happened otherwise if they find out you may be in trouble!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : CDTI 150 (Z19 DTH)

Year : 2006

Mileage : 140000

i'm with admiral on multi car policy, funny enough they came out cheaper than everyone else and that was having car hire, legal cover and mod cover. But having said that they are still useless.

When i got my renawal form it had my old address on the policy i just thought because i moved halfway through the policy they were just stating that's where i used to live. After trying to remove the car hire of the wife's policy they ended up saving me £32 instead of £28 by reducing the legal cover and car hire on both policies.

So got the paper work through again but after having a closer read they still had both cars being kept at my old address even though i moved over a year ago and told them this because my policy went up £30-£40. So phoned them up and asked why they have the incorrect details to which they said oh it must have been an admin error i'll change your address, but then because they changed the address they tried to charge me even more, I told them to stick it and refused to pay when I paid the extra for the address change last year, she still tried to charge me but I was having none of it, she ended up putting me on hold to speak to her boss. They refunded me last years price increase as she couldn't understand why i was charged extra for changing my postal address and didn't charge me extra for the address change. Thinking back i remember making the phone call to change the address as it was rather difficult due to it not being a UK based customer service.

Victory to me
    Last edited by CH-VECTRA-ELITE; 28th January 2012 at 05:11.

Oxfordshire for Pleasure, Berkshire for business
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

insurance is one big

my neighbour reversed into my old corsa, I was in bed.

full admission of fault, told his insurance, they had my car recovered, fixed and returned.

at NO POINT did i tell my insurance, yet they tried increasing my premuim at renewal because of the " incident " they had been told about by my neighbours insurance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Are Admiral actual insurers or brokers? I ask as that's very similar to what Fortis pulled on me a few years ago. Insssssurance is a joke, has been for years. They do what they please, all drivers can do is bend over and take it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They certainly are a joke
    I have just joined my girlfriends multicar policy when I got my new car, they were cheaper than my directline policy even with one less years ncb (named driver) so I took the offer. Got my paper work in the other day ins cert is all good but policy schedule says:
    Engine size : 1998 (correct)
    Car year: 1998
    Even tho my car is a 57 plate and they have confirmed this so I thot it is a typo so I ring them to rectify and be told that puts my policy up and they thought I was adding two vectras? So they take my imaginary 4th car discount off me and now my policy is 20quid dearer a month! Needless to say I'm quite annoyed

Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well, as they have me down as having an "incident" then I have to make any insurer aware of this. So, because of this legalised theft they are still the cheapest and have renewed with them.

What a load though, feel like I have been bent over big time, as do others by the looks of things.

Morale of the story, if you're involved in an incident and the costs are minimal don't bother flagging it up as YOU will be penalised too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information