Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Csa Changes to System ?

Good to see Maria Miller on Daybreak advise that the current system isn't working and the new proposals to charge the claiming parent £50-£100 to start the claim against the NRP should make them think twice, I do also think that the charge of 5-12% they are planning to take from the NRP payments to the mother are also a good idea .

This should hopefully enforce the Csa to be used correctly and not as a weapon against dads that are there and already supporting their kids , and for those who have an agreement in place !

Thoughts ??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Thankfully, never had to have any dealings with this lot. When me and my ex split up, I offered her more a month than the CSA would have given her because at the end of the day they're my kids and I want them looked after right. She accepted it without question straight away because at the end of the day we both want what's best for the kids and arguing about it or through a government agency that just breeds resentment isn't what's best for them.

Three years down the line I'm still paying her the same amount because it's still more than she'd get any other method and enough to help her with the kids.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Now Gone, bring on the Insignia (now "Teapot" Tuned)...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-Highlander View Post
    Thankfully, never had to have any dealings with this lot. When me and my ex split up, I offered her more a month than the CSA would have given her because at the end of the day they're my kids and I want them looked after right. She accepted it without question straight away and three years down the line I'm still paying her the same amount because it's still more than she'd get any other method and enough to help her with the kids.
    I was about £20 short in our agreement, but she seemed to go off the rails when i got married "If i can afford to get married then i can afford to pay her more " were her words,

I now pay what the CSA say , which is fine, but i give the kids extra , where i used to send the money to her ,

I am waiting to see if the proposed changes make her think twice about our CSA arrangements

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Do you mind saying how much you pay through the CSA (and for how many kids) ?

Don't worry if you'd rather not say, just curious how much it works out at these days.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think we all seem to forget what the CSA was started up for, it is there to get non paying parents to pay for their children and save the tax payer some money. The original calculation was very complex, I know I have performed them, this was simplified later on and has again been simplified.

Unfortunately the CSA was not perfect and appeared to target the soft targets first, i.e. those who were paying something.

Part of the problem is caused by mothers not being honest and declaring who the actual father is, as they are claiming benefit as a lone parent and their partner is living with them and also those fathers who walk away and do not contribute towards the upkeep of their children.

At the end of the day, if they are your children, you contribute towards their upkeep and please dont use them as a weapon against each other.

I worked for the DWP for 20+ years so have seen this all first hand, I am also a divorced father, who pays maintenance and spends as much time as I can with my children.

So, don't have a go at the CSA, have a go at the people who dont pay for their children, or those that cheat the benefit system.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I agree with your sentiments entirely Ben5on, however as we all know it's not that simple. The CSA has a well earned reputation for being utter b4stards and grinding good fathers into the ground and letting bad fathers get away with naff all. It was all about targets, as long as they met their figures they didn't care how they did it and the soft targets where the ones that helped them meet those targets.

I'm really thankful and consider myself lucky that I've never had to have any dealings with them, because frankly I don't want to.

As far as the DWP is concerned, sorry but I'm also extremely jaded about the entire benefits thing at the moment as Amy and I are seriously struggling financially at the moment because she's been unable to work for so long, yet she's been turned down for benefits of any kind because apparently she's not paid enough in to get any out (the fact that she's 22 and hasn't been able to work for most of the last 18 months because of her hip and was only at work for a year before that because she was at college getting an education as the government wants everyone to do doesn't seem to matter, neither does the fact that I'm 40 this year, been paying into it all my life and NEVER claimed benefits for ANYTHING in my life. But we'll happily pay immigrants from any other country who aren't doing anything for this one thousands of pounds to live over here. The whole system frankly is pathetic and one of the worst benefits systems in the world (IMHO) and they're making it worse every few months.

However, rant over, that's really a different discussion, so I won't side track this thread anymore than I already have (sorry Paul).

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Cdti150

Trim : Sri

Year : 06

Think it's a shame that the CSA have to get involved when parents aren't together. Personally I would rather the non residential parent spent that money directly on the children for clothes, shoes and days out. Unfortunatly to many greedy selfish mothers/fathers out there just think about themselves and how much they can get. Just my opinion

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have to agree with all the comments Ian has made, as I said I was paying and more but she flipped and contacted them even though we had an agreement between us, all being a few quid short but that was made up on birthdays , Christmas and anytime they called me for some cash which was regular lol

The Csa system just doesn't work and Maria Millar herself has said this , it's only when I contacted her directly and asked her to intervene as I wanted to make the payments weekly and not monthly as their mother wanted , they are not interested in if you have been paying , there word is final and I hope these changes do come in as it will make the resident parent think twice !

Ian , I pay £40 per week

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This is such an emotive subject for all involved.

I have a particularly angry opinion on this but it probably far better than some have been through…

Me and my exwife broke up while she was pregnant (things were that bad that this was the only option I had at the time). The split was bitter to say the least involving allot of mudslinging from her side (mainly driven by her family and not her). Despite this I made every effort to try and keep things out of the court system and deal with it all as amicably as possible. If you have to push the court system then the only people who win are the layers IMO. The process of agreeing out separating agreement took 2 years in total from start to finish during which time she stole money from me, claimed I assaulted her (9 months on police bail for the case to be thrown out of court with no case to answer and her receiving a severe reprimand from the sheriff) and her making my access very difficult with dates being changes at the last minute etc. Despite this happening I have always paid money for my son even when it meant I was going without. I paid 5% above the minimum required by the CSA and have always done this.

Anyway… 2 years on things started to settle down, access was agreed and pushed through the court to have it fixed so backing out or inappropriate changes could not be made etc…. And that has been the status quo until a year and a half ago when my ex-wife found out I had become a parent again with my current wife. This seemed to be all the touch paper she needed to start causing issues again. Her main demand was I paid more money for my son that I currently do and her blackmail behind this was she will go to the CSA if I don’t.

To be clear I have always paid for my son increasing the money paid in line with any salary payments I received keeping it at 5% above the required amount the SCA will ask for. In addition I pay for his after school classes, trips, school uniform, out of school clothes etc.

I have been trying to tell her not to go to the CSA as they will charge their admin to force a lesser payment from me (I have an additional child so the minimum payment is less than the amount I base it on with allows for just the one child) but she continues to demand I pay more. She has even started telling people I am refusing to pay for my son etc… Not a great place and that’s over 7 years on from when we separated.

So… pulling it back to the original topic, the changes to the SCA are welcomed but I think there is a bigger question here which centres around how society favours the female in most cases of separation and the father is held to full account as the villain. Fathers for justice are trying to change this perception which helps.

I am hopeful things will settle down between us soon… Not for my or her sake but for the sake of my son who is now at the stage of knowing things are not good between us.

Anyway.. that’s my story and thoughts…

Col

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats