Thread: Axa / Autoline

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Axa / Autoline

So as some of you will know, I am selling the beloved Vectra, as i need a lower mileage car, 25k a year is a b***h. So I bought a Saab 9-3 120 Airflow.
    My LS was a group 8 car and the Saab is group 12, so i thought a wee jump will be fine. I phone Autoline yesterday to get a quote from my insurer (AXA) and the lady was polite and took all the details.
    Then she asked me if I was ok to hold, of course i said "yes". A few moments later she came back and was a complete rude cow.
    She said she couldnt quote me on this car, and the NO insurer would because I am 24 and am 6weeks shy of 2 years NCB. SO RUDE!.
    Anyway I went to Gocompare.co.uk ( Yes That guy needs shot) and gues what????
    48 of 125 insurers quoted me
    With one years NCB the car is £1062 and if I wait til I have 2years it £828.
    So back to Autoline at lunch today and tried again and this lady was appalled at the way id been treated so I am just waiting to hear back on my renewal... Will update when I know.

Has anyone else been treated like this cos of their age or NCB etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Noticed aswell a lot of them on comparison websites don't quote and I'm 23 with nearly 3 years no claims and zafira 1.9 cdti 150 ( 300 excess) £900 was 1800 last year with vectra

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just changed from my Pug 406 to the Vectra which is 2 groups lower, surprise, surprise, my insurance has gone up??

FFS I'm 45 with 9+ years NCB, drive about 10K miles per year and a civil servant... (yeah sorry).

If anyone else ran a business like Insurance companies, they would be up for fraud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

OK as promised i got my quote back.

SO....
    to go up 5 years into a group 12 Saab a whopping

£71.07

What the fluck??? from being unquoted...

Grinning from ear to ear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Being old helps with insurers quoting you but as soon as you tick the box which says modified even less qill quote than you had...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well the saab is completely standard. I have previous employment as a car salesman which helps a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Sadly, they have us by the short and curlies, and under 25 is considered fair game. I'm 57, had one accident in ten years (skidded on oil on road, single vehicle collision) and one in the ten years before (other driver's fault). I got hammered on renewal, they dropped me from 7+ years NCB to 2 (numpty hadn't protected it). Should be able to protect it again this next renewal, at a price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2007

just renewed min try this 23 5 years ncb siggy 2.2 direct elite fully comp er wait wait 345 for the year

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 9-3 Aero

Trim : Aero

Engine : 2.8 Turbo V6

Year : 2006

Mileage : 62000

Quote Originally Posted by paulvectrac View Post
    just renewed min try this 23 5 years ncb siggy 2.2 direct elite fully comp er wait wait 345 for the year
    I thought mine was good....
    27 years old, 5 years ncb, 2.2 direct vectra, all mods declared for £495
    (Does include protected ncb,windscreen.legal,gadget,hire car,europe cover and uk track day cover, but not for castle combe and only 3rd party)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So as many of you know I ended up with a Tigra (No idea what happened the Saab as the dealer never got back to me). So my insurance is due for renewal on the 23rd, and Autoline sent me my renewal, Tigra 1.3CDTi Sport, 1YEARS NCB - £1220.

Of course i rang to see why it was so dear and i didnt have my 2 years NCB. I was told that the previous claim was still outstanding and therefore i was only entitled to one years no claims bonus. So i told the lady I was going to shop around as that was just too expensive. She understood as she is in the exact same predicament and said she would contact AXA directly to see.
    An hour later she phoned me back to say she had to apologise for what she was about to tell, but that she also had some good news.
    1) The claim had been settled 6 months ago and that I now was back to 5yrs NCB. This had not been attached to my records for some reason (attempt to screw me outta money??) but has now been updated. Again she apologised profusely for this error. Not her fault tho, i told her, but that I wasnt impressed.
    2) Now that I had 5years NCB, my renewal figure was £734. I thought this was a bit better lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information