Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Car Audio Centre

Well it definatley pays to do your homework first, Ordered the AVH-3300BT unit from them yesterday, fairly early enough in the day. Early enough to have received a confirmation of despatch and hopefully a tracking number by now. Thought i'd do a quick check on the reviews these guys receive, by god i wish i hadnt now. All 1 out of 5 stars everyone giving the same story of still waiting 1-2 months later for there order.

So thought i would give them a phone today to see what this 'human' had to say for himself. I said i placed an order yesterday and was wondering why i hadnt received a tracking number, he said it MAY get sent today. he said that if it's premium it gets sent same day as order and normal is next day sending. I said well you just said normal delivery is next day and this is next day. His answer to that was well we get concerned if someone is phoning up the next day after placing an order, I said well if you spent £300 on a unit would you not be slightly concered and be cautious.

He never at any point asked me for my confirmation number untill after i told him that i wasnt confident of his answers and that he didny know what he was talking about. He then asked me but i then stopped before i told him as i really do not trust these people at all now.

Any body on here had bad dealings with these cowboys? and Am not demanding it be sent today i was just going on other peoples reviews and was hoping to phone them to get a bit of peace of mind but now this is going to be a long wait me thinks..... tbc

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.8 SRi

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z18XE

Year : 2004

I've ordered stuff in the past without any problems. If I were you I'd give them a few days at least and then start chasing as you make yourself sound a bit impatient ringing next day. Did the order process involve selecting next day dispatch or any mention of dispatch times? I'm not saying expecting a prompt service is wrong, but give them a chance!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yeah as said im usually quite patient, but after having read these reviews http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews71259.html im entitled to be a bit worried no??? lol

and ive never rang up next day for anything untill today that is. you never know i might be surprised and get a tracking number on it later, but i HIGHLY doubt it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.8 V6T

Year : 2005

Mileage : 50000

I can understand your concern I just had a look through some of those reviews, Did you choose next day delivery on it? or standard delivery?

I'm not one for waiting and would have chosen next day delivery and if it didnt turn up id be calling him to either get a refund on the delivery or cancel the order.

Dave

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nah I never chose next day delivery, I'm wishing I did now though. But It may have been that I paid the extra 11 quid for next day delivery and still be waiting a week from now. The guy was trying to tell me that had I selected it would be sent quicker. But I'd think they should be sent at same time, only the actual delivery is quicker not the picking and packaging time. We shall see how this on unfolds.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

For future reference I've always found Car Audio Direct (CAD) superb to deal with and any new stuff I've bought I've always gone through them.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Now Gone, bring on the Insignia (now "Teapot" Tuned)...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wish i had this advice before ian lol, really regret going with this shower so bad.

Update: phoned them back to request a delivery date as im working a lot next week, to arrange someone to be in to collect. he put me on hold before i could finish what i was saying then i had no choice but to hang up. tried to phone bank to cancel payment no joy there.

this is in their email: see bold wording.
    This is an email to acknowledge receipt of your order.
    All our orders as shipped on a next working day service but this is not a guaranteed service and could take up to 2-3 days to be delivered (except Saturday delivery service). Please allow extra time during holiday periods. Please note that orders placed on Saturday and Sunday will not be dispatched until Monday as we are closed over the weekend.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-Highlander View Post
    For future reference I've always found Car Audio Direct (CAD) superb to deal with and any new stuff I've bought I've always gone through them.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/

I can highly recommend them too.

On one occasion, the courier left it outside & signed the paperwork himself but someone pinched the unit before I got home. CAD were brilliant in chasing up & finding out what had happened & even sent me a scan of the delivery advice with the signature "ME" written on it (as written by the driver).

CAD just wanted to check that it wasn't my signature & the they sent a replacement & a claim form.

I had the replacement within 10 days.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

But it says all orders are shipped the next working day.
    That doesn't mean delivered the next working day.

I used a company for a mobile phone order recently. The courier company had a very bad reputation for none delivery when promised, according to reviews on a certain website. The very same company turned up on time, bang on time infact within a 10 minute time slot.

I'd start getting worried if you're unit didn't arrive by say the middle of next week.

Mick

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by MickAP View Post
    But it says all orders are shipped the next working day.
    That doesn't mean delivered the next working day.

I used a company for a mobile phone order recently. The courier company had a very bad reputation for none delivery when promised, according to reviews on a certain website. The very same company turned up on time, bang on time infact within a 10 minute time slot.

I'd start getting worried if you're unit didn't arrive by say the middle of next week.

Mick
    Yes mate your sorely missing the point, im not expecting nor have i asked for next day delivery. All i want to know is it being shipped. And still on day 3 it has not. Nor have they gave me any peace of mind when phoning up. I can almost guarantee i will not receive next week at all. I'd be happy with a tracking number and for the post man to walk from nottingam as long as its sent. google car audio centre, loads of people writing these similar threads in forums.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information