Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

Question Quaife LSD onto the F40 gearbox on the 2.0T

Has anybody here actually fitted a Quaife LSD to their car. I am about to buy one as part of my next mod kit. However i have read elsewhere that i need to have equal length drive shafts for this.. Now as each side is a different length is it just a case of buying a second N/S or O/S shaft to use, surely it can't be that simple? As the O/S one will stay and the LSD attaches to the

I remember talking to Neo Bros about the LSD a year or so ago but this equal length drive shaft thing was not mentioned at the time...

Any info on this appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : VXR-D

Engine : 1,9 CDTi 150

Year : 2006

Yes I fitted 1 in my 3.0 GSi Vectra B a lot less wheel spin and drags u round the corners instead of just spinning the inside wheel

Great piece of kit and will eventually get 1 for my current car once the power has been upped

Don't know where u got the equal length shafts think from ????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : GSi

Engine : Z32SE

Year : 53

Mileage : 57,000

equal length shaft thing was from early era, came on calibras, people fitted them to mk3 astras, cavs etc. the shafts are technically not the same length but are 2 pieces and from the UJ on the drivers side to the hub should be the same as the passenger side supposidly reducing torque steer. think vec-c's have drive shafts like that anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers, i wondered why i had not heard that before..

I have spare F40 gearbox in my garage, as you do, and was thinking about having a go at fitting it myself before swapping it over.. Need to find some info on fitting, but it may prove easier to pay somebody to do it after weighing up the cost of the extra tools. I would like to do it and do a how2 for others but I its not something I wanna make a mess off..

If i dropped off the gearbox and the LSD to somewhere to fit for me what do you reckon it would cost to do bearing in mind they do not need to take it off the car etc?

spoons

I've got the Quaiffe LSD on my VXR, been on the car for about 2.5 years now.

Excellent upgrade. The pull it gives you round corners is truely awesome.

Bad thing about it is once the tyres do lose grip (easy with 400 BHP ) then you also lose ALL steering .... so easy does it in the wet

Also, I heard not to be on full throttle if your airbourne as it can break the diff when you land....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers spoons, your thread on upgrading to the quaiffe was one of the ones i read over the last weekend with interest. I appreciate that in a straight line there is not much of a difference but cornering it does away with the infamous vectra understeer. I have not read a single bad review on these buy owner that have them fitted. How much did you pay to have it fitted btw? Neo have offered to send my spare gearbox over to quaiffe to have it fitted and set up correctly, i may however hold off fitting it to the car until i do a bunch off other bits including a lightened flywheel and uprated clutch to cope with the other mods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've got LSD sat here after my sons shopping spree but haven't fitted it yet, I'll see how you get on first mate...... Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good on you Nige - guinea pig as usual

Steve - all your mods fitted?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not yet. Had a few hold ups but not long now. Hopefully will have my pre build mods this weekend before I take it to bits. I need to show the current setup working before I take it off to sell it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wink

its a non stop exercise of reading forums and asking questions of suppliers but I am gathering quite a kit list.

This LSD is not an essential part of any mod but one that all who have had it sing its praises. I currently have a bent shaft in my gearbox so I need to replace it sooner or later. I have a spare gearbox ready to go on but I figured i may as well see what can be done to it to make it better. It is possible to buy a kit to replace the internals of the F40 with uprated race spec parts but it costs about 2.5k, but that is only worth doing if you intend to race your car seriously.

Turbo options has been the main focus of my research. If anybody is interested there is a modded td04 available that will fit the stock manifold, downpipe and oil and water lines. Its actually more like a Garrett Gt28 and spools up fast and is rated to 400+bhp, it looks the same as a td04 but the innards are completely different, all good for mr insurance man . Saabs with our engines running this turbo pull 380bhp.. If your interested i will post details in a new thread. Its not Maptun, BSR or Abbott its from a company that I was unfamiliar with until very recently and i am still talking with them to get all the details..

I have blown my intercooler so will be getting a new one from Maptun next month, then i will be getting this LSD bought. I need to decide whether its worth sending it away to quaife for about 300 quid for a fully warrantied installation set up as best it can be or finding a local indy to do it. I think i already know what i will be doing but have not had a quote from anywhere else yet.

Hopefully by mid march I will have decided on my turbo option... that when things will start to get interesting..

I am looking a buying another engine and rebuilding it with uprated internals, new chains and tensioners etc etc so essentially it will be a full recon unit that will safely take the crap i intend to throw at it.. But i may take my time on doing that as I have not done one before, it will be quite a learning experience but thats what interests me..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information