User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: ebay question

  1. #1
    Full Member gibbon7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    lincs
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ebay question

    I've recently purchased a 2nd hand parrot kit from a seller on ebay. It has arrived with split wires. I have contacted the seller and he is happy to refund all my money plus postage, but he would like me to return the item first. Is this the norm?

    As i see it and maybe i see it wrong, but technically he is now buying the kit back from me, so should he not refund me first and then i will post back?

    Any help would be great

    Thanks

    My other car. 1972 1641cc slammed beetle. On the road finally!!

  2. #2
    Regular Member HITFACTORY1403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE ( Shiremoor )
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gibbon7000 View Post

    As i see it and maybe i see it wrong, but technically he is now buying the kit back from me, so should he not refund me first and then i will post back?
    you had to do cash up front ,

    so why not him ?

    But i can see his point of view though ,,,,,, i.e. = you get your cash refund and then you , possibly could just keep the item and the seller is out of pocket .

    but i trust of course that you are an honest person .

    but also you could send item back and you don't get a refund .

    if you send it back , he might find nothing wrong and then you don't get money refunded and he might charge you a second time for you to have it back .

  3. #3
    Regular Member david-bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    eastlothian scotland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ddid you buy through PayPal . If so you should be covered as sounds like its not safe and fit for purpose . But if you send it back and say gets lost in the post I don't know how buyer protection works after that. I would contact eBay mate and let them know

  4. #4
    Full Member gibbon7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    lincs
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have contacted ebay and opened a dispute, as to start with he didn't answer to my emails. Its only now that he started to play ball.

    My other car. 1972 1641cc slammed beetle. On the road finally!!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gibbon7000 View Post
    I've recently purchased a 2nd hand parrot kit from a seller on ebay. It has arrived with split wires. I have contacted the seller and he is happy to refund all my money plus postage, but he would like me to return the item first. Is this the norm?

    As i see it and maybe i see it wrong, but technically he is now buying the kit back from me, so should he not refund me first and then i will post back?

    Any help would be great

    Thanks
    I'd have thought this is perfectly normal, imagine you'd bought it in person in a shop, they'd have to see that it was faulty before issueing you a refund (they wouldnt do it over the phone etc without evidence), this works essentially the same just over a distance. I'd say you are right to open a dispute though, since ebay provides this function partly for the purpose of dealing with refunds and problems properly and fairly

    Certainly now a dispute is opened it isn't a case of you selling it back to him, rather a refund being issued for it!

  6. #6
    Full Member gibbon7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    lincs
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mungo1985 View Post
    I'd have thought this is perfectly normal, imagine you'd bought it in person in a shop, they'd have to see that it was faulty before issueing you a refund (they wouldnt do it over the phone etc without evidence), this works essentially the same just over a distance. I'd say you are right to open a dispute though, since ebay provides this function partly for the purpose of dealing with refunds and problems properly and fairly

    Certainly now a dispute is opened it isn't a case of you selling it back to him, rather a refund being issued for it!
    Maybe should of mentioned in original post, I have supplied 4 photo's of the damaged wires, it was at this point they agreed to refund all monies.

    Altho thy they did give me the option to soldier (spelling) them back together and wrap some insulation tape around

    My other car. 1972 1641cc slammed beetle. On the road finally!!

  7. #7
    Full Member spennny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Blantyre
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Make sure you send it back recorded , if it turns up to him via normal post he could say he never got it , and keep the receipt with tracking number

  8. #8
    Regular Member Big Knox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    eBay/Paypal will also require you to return it before a refund is issued. As above, send recorded so you can confirm delivery and have proof.


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Regular Member Ginge7289's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Woodbridge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is he a trusted seller? Im not to sure how it works but if the shoe was on the other foot I would want to receive the faulty item before giving a refund. Im sure ebay will sort it mate.

  10. #10
    Full Member Old man Jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cumbria
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is an unfortunate side effect of the cesspit that is now Ebay. It's the oldest scam in the book. Sellers hands are tied behind their back as they can't leave neg feedback etc.

    Many "buyers" get said item ask for a refund and never return it. Then leave neg feedback for double selling pleasure!
    Ken-tec FTW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ebay question
    By darko2301 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12th October 2009, 20:33
  2. Ebay question
    By Dose in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 1st April 2009, 12:04
  3. Question about eBay UK
    By m8internet in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25th December 2008, 23:13
  4. Ebay question.....
    By redbullkid in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 30th May 2008, 17:24
  5. Ebay question
    By shan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18th January 2008, 17:58

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •