Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Fifth Gear on Dave today

Well I thought OK a re-run but never mind but got totally hacked off with Tom "Ford" with his verbal doggie poo talk about the Vectra and how bad it was and how nearly decent the Insignia is,,,,,,,,,,,

is it me am I over sensitive or do none of these kretin's get the fact that the Vectra sold in the hundreds of thousands is a decent car?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2007 1.9cdti sri 150 estate

Trim : sri

Engine : 1.9cdti 150

Year : 2007

tbf these people are paid for their opinions, i am sure there are common cars that you hate too.

i dont tend to worry about it, if i like the car i drive i dont tend to worry what others think about it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've always found these shows are harsh about regular cars that normal people drive. Everything is compared to it's Mercedes or BMW counterpart. Having said that, the facelift was the victim of some serious cost saving exercises so would probably get a rough review regardless.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Motoring journalists do they really have a clue? I don't think they do. I wouldn't rubbish Ford really (yeah as Vauxhall owner benterwise) as some of theire models are good. The issue I have is if the Vectra had a Ford badge on it, would it of been a bad car then? I think not.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would almost agree with them though, my vectra has probably been the worst car I've ever had and I would never own another, in fact I was thinking of buying a commodore when I return to NZ but given the many little niggles that I've experienced with my first GM car, I am not sure I want another one. I don't hate the car, I just find there are too many quirks and faults to make it enjoyable, and I'm always waiting for something else to fail.

spoons

Think of it this way....

Imagine your a car presenter/journalist and your hopping in and out of all sorts of cars every week.

Fancy design features, fancy dashboards, fancy luxury, fancy leather & quirky styling, high performance, trick electronics and then you end up in a Vectra to review one day.

The Vectra is very bland. Nothing exciting about it at all. I'd be scratching my head on what to say about it...

But thats why its such a popular car to modify and why we all got hooked with it. Just about everything needs to be changed to make it good and there is so many options to play with

Its like a blank canvas waiting to be created.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    Think of it this way....

Imagine your a car presenter/journalist and your hopping in and out of all sorts of cars every week.

Fancy dashboards, fancy luxury, fancy leather, high performance, trick electronics and then you end up in a Vectra to review one day.

The Vectra is very bland. Nothing exciting about it at all. I'd be scratching my head on what to say about it.

Then you could say the same about the Passat/Mondeo/Accord etc

'It has 4 wheels and can get you from A to B, runs on some fuel, and by the way you need £££'s to get a brand new one.'

That would be my lot.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by krisby View Post
    I would almost agree with them though, my vectra has probably been the worst car I've ever had and I would never own another, in fact I was thinking of buying a commodore when I return to NZ but given the many little niggles that I've experienced with my first GM car, I am not sure I want another one. I don't hate the car, I just find there are too many quirks and faults to make it enjoyable, and I'm always waiting for something else to fail.
    Couldnt agree more. Thats why I dumped my Vec C. Way too many things that needed doing on a regular basis. Nothing major - and EGR here, alternator there - but the list was endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza4 View Post
    Then you could say the same about the Passat/Mondeo/Accord etc
    As an owner of (the newest shape with every toy in the world!) Accord - its a lot better than those cars you listed, even if to some auto-journo's the cabin is littered with buttons. And its infinitely better than the Insignia in every regard too.

Vauxhall is a lost cause in this market segment and will forever be shackled to the "rep-mobile" moniker.

Always wondered why the Accord scored highly in ownership/reliabilty awards and now I know why.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Vectra Hatch

Trim : SRI with added X-Pack

Engine : 1.9 16v 150

Year : 2006

Mileage : Near 100K

Unfortunetly the new accord has as many problems as the vectra c I'm afraid, I could tell you a few horror stories there, However Honda has excellent customer service unlike vauxhall, and that's nearly as important as the car in the first place.

End of the day a vectra is boring, but pound for pound ( second hand) I can honestly say I cannot find a better car out there. I'm sure most of us would admit the vectra is boring if we got to drive all the cars on top gear and fifth gear.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by XPCobra View Post
    Unfortunetly the new accord has as many problems as the vectra c I'm afraid, I could tell you a few horror stories there, However Honda has excellent customer service unlike vauxhall, and that's nearly as important as the car in the first place.
    If it does, I haven't heard about them - nor have forums been littered with such issues much less been publicised in the motoring press On the older car, yes, many issues but hardly any on the current 8th Gen Accord.

That said, you're right - Honda has far better customer service - Vauxhall wouldnt ever match it.

And I would still vehemently disagree that the new Accord has as many problems as the Vec C. The Vec C is by far a lot worse in every single respect. In the year I have had my Accord (as per the link), all I have had to do is, tax it, insure it and fuel it. Its been 101% flawless. And I mean, flawless. And I get far better mileage per tank than I did in the Vec C as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information